i7-6700k 4.2 GHz/1.350 V, 92 degrees Max during RealBench, what should I do?

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

It means it's too hot.  

See, what now?.

Is not possible that a H100i can not handle a Stress test.

Corsair say that this Cooler at 100% will be at 64 degrees - ambient 25 C

IMG_2660.JPG

You need to set your fans to 100% in BIOS.  The Corsair software isn't going to ramp the fans up fast enough for the onset of that stress test. 

7 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You need to set your fans to 100% in BIOS.  The Corsair software isn't going to ramp the fans up fast enough for the onset of that stress test. 

My fans are connected to the Pump, so, I need to do it using Corsair Link. I''ll do it now, let's see what happens.

Same thing happened with pump and fans at full speed.

I don't get it.

Captura de pantalla (41).png

7 minutes ago, RGT said:

See, what now?.

Is not possible that a H100i can not handle a Stress test.

Corsair say that this Cooler at 100% will be at 64 degrees - ambient 25 C

How is that even the same as your situation?  Different processor, lower CPU speed than you're running and your room is already 30c to start with. 

How is that even the same as your situation?  Different processor, lower CPU speed than you're running and your room is already 30c to start with. 

Yeah, when I read again that I said the same as you.

What can we do now with this... my temps goes up to 93 C during OCCT Test.

unchecK the avx box

better, doing it now

look a quick screenshot:

Captura de pantalla (42).png

Sorry about telling you to check all three.  I'm tired so not at my best.  

You're cooler is fine. You just need to take things slow and you'll be fine.  You're working within a tougher environment than most so you're just going to have to expect warmer temperatures. 

With that said, I'm off to get some sleep.  Good luck. 

Sorry about telling you to check all three.  I'm tired so not at my best.  

You're cooler is fine. You just need to take things slow and you'll be fine.  You're working within a tougher environment than most so you're just going to have to expect warmer temperatures. 

With that said, I'm off to get some sleep.  Good luck. 

OCCT's test passed for 30m.

:)

5 hours ago, RGT said:

OCCT's test passed for 30m.

:)

Good to go.  Did you finish all of your testing?

4 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Good to go.  Did you finish all of your testing?

Hi,

I left the PC doing Stress Test using RealBench for 4 hours and everytime the monitor turn on is because something happened. Instability Detected!.

So, right now I'm on 1.280 v

I need to do another Test for 4 hours at least.

I don't know why with 1 hour evereything is fine, with more than that, the program detected instability.

6 minutes ago, RGT said:

Hi,

I left the PC doing Stress Test using RealBench for 4 hours and everytime the monitor turn on is because something happened. Instability Detected!.

So, right now I'm on 1.280 v

I need to do another Test for 4 hours at least.

I don't know why with 1 hour evereything is fine, with more than that, the program detected instability.

I personally don't run RealBench that long, but you need to do what you need to do.  Like I mentioned earlier, I use multiple tests for a shorter duration (1 hr each) and call it stable after it passes all of them.

I personally don't run RealBench that long, but you need to do what you need to do.  Like I mentioned earlier, I use multiple tests for a shorter duration (1 hr each) and call it stable after it passes all of them.

Well ok, I'll do that too.

Should I go back to 1.270 then?

Just now, RGT said:

Well ok, I'll do that too.

Should I go back to 1.270 then?

Up to you man.  I would.

Up to you man.  I would.

I will do the test with 1.280 first for 1 hour and then 1 hour using OCCT, i'll let you know....

By the way, I have read on different forums that the pump should vibrate because it's a pump, it should do that. Turns out that my pump doesn't vibrate at all, so I think it's faulty.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

I will do the test with 1.280 first for 1 hour and then 1 hour using OCCT, i'll let you know....

By the way, I have read on different forums that the pump should vibrate because it's a pump, it should do that. Turns out that my pump doesn't vibrate at all, so I think it's faulty.

I really think you're listening to too many people, but sure, swap it out.  I've had multiple Corsair AIOs prior to going to custom loops and they are very quiet with the occasional air noise from time to time.  If your pump was truly faulty you'd know it long before you got to overclocking or stress testing.

Do what you've gotta do man.  At the end of the day it's about what makes you happy, but this forum is filled with people who spend all day telling people that something is wrong with their shit instead of trying to help them get what they already have set up properly.

As discussed several times, you are going to have higher temps due to your ambient room temp.  It's really that simple.  It's not the cooler.  It's not the fans.  It's just physics.

With that said, let me know when you get your new AIO in and we'll continue then.  Good luck bud.

I stress tested mine for about an hour and then doing some games and it runs fine.

But i guarantee that in my pc for example prime95 = Instacrash So its all about how stabile compared to what you run i guess.

29 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I really think you're listening to too many people, but sure, swap it out.  I've had multiple Corsair AIOs prior to going to custom loops and they are very quiet with the occasional air noise from time to time.  If your pump was truly faulty you'd know it long before you got to overclocking or stress testing.

Do what you've gotta do man.  At the end of the day it's about what makes you happy, but this forum is filled with people who spend all day telling people that something is wrong with their shit instead of trying to help them get what they already have set up properly.

As discussed several times, you are going to have higher temps due to your ambient room temp.  It's really that simple.  It's not the cooler.  It's not the fans.  It's just physics.

With that said, let me know when you get your new AIO in and we'll continue then.  Good luck bud.

I second that.  after watching the pump rpms and temps on load im thinking a new one would run the same.

3 hours ago, Groundedbeef said:

I stress tested mine for about an hour and then doing some games and it runs fine.

But i guarantee that in my pc for example prime95 = Instacrash So its all about how stabile compared to what you run i guess.

I second that.  after watching the pump rpms and temps on load im thinking a new one would run the same.

HWmonitor says:

CPUFAN:

Min: 874 RPM

Max: 1418 RPM

The Pump is on Performance using Corsair Link.

Why in BIOS is not showing 2850 RPM like Corsair Link does.

CPU_HEADER was on Standart,

I have changed it MANUALLY but nothing happend. It say 800 RPM, on Windows using Corsair Link I change the speed of the pump from Quiet to Performance then I went to BIOS again and it say 1390 RPM. This number is still wrong because Corsair Link shows 2850 RPM on Performance.

I have recorded a video inside of my BIOS, check it out here: http://es.tinypic.com/r/2vuyg4h/9

So, my Corsair Link shows:

Quiet Mode = 1770 RPM

Performance Mode = 2850 RPM

The fans are working fine on Balanced mode. And yes, they are connected to the pump.

3 hours ago, RGT said:

HWmonitor says:

CPUFAN:

Min: 874 RPM

Max: 1418 RPM

The Pump is on Performance using Corsair Link.

Why in BIOS is not showing 2850 RPM like Corsair Link does.

Because it's not spinning at 2850 RPMs when you're in BIOS.  The Corsair software is no longer controlling it outside of Windows.

You should really take the time to read up on all of this stuff before you start overclocking because you're just causing yourself more problems and concerns.

Because it's not spinning at 2850 RPMs when you're in BIOS.  The Corsair software is no longer controlling it outside of Windows.

And what about now?, look what HWMonitor says about the CPU FAN RPM.

Captura de pantalla (43).png

3 hours ago, RGT said:

And what about now?, look what HWMonitor says about the CPU FAN RPM.

If you look back at your Link software, one of your fans is running at 1400 RPMs.  It might be a case fan or something, who knows.

At this point, I think it's best that you call Corsair and RMA the kit.  You're not going to be happy until you do so get that knocked out before you cause too much stress for yourself.  Corsair is great at RMA so it shouldn't be a problem.

I would personaly recommend to read trough some decent overclocking guides firstly, doing a littlebit of re-search and education first.

The reason why your chip is overheating can be caused by allot of things.

I dont know what you allready have done, and what you have for settings.

But just bumping up a multiplier, and trow a shit ton of voltage to it, isnt going to work properly of course.

Maybe a good way to start, is try to how far you can push your chip at stock VCC.

You could also start with a "possible" stable overclock.

But the problem is that every chip is diffrent.

Maybe you lost the silicon lottery, all could be.

But i would recommend to read trough some decent overclocking guides firstly.

4 hours ago, done12many2 said:

If you look back at your Link software, one of your fans is running at 1400 RPMs.  It might be a case fan or something, who knows.

At this point, I think it's best that you call Corsair and RMA the kit.  You're not going to be happy until you do so get that knocked out before you cause too much stress for yourself.  Corsair is great at RMA so it shouldn't be a problem.

3 hours ago, Sintezza said:

I would personaly recommend to read trough some decent overclocking guides firstly, doing a littlebit of re-search and education first.

The reason why your chip is overheating can be caused by allot of things.

I dont know what you allready have done, and what you have for settings.

But just bumping up a multiplier, and trow a shit ton of voltage to it, isnt going to work properly of course.

Maybe a good way to start, is try to how far you can push your chip at stock VCC.

You could also start with a "possible" stable overclock.

But the problem is that every chip is diffrent.

Maybe you lost the silicon lottery, all could be.

But i would recommend to read trough some decent overclocking guides firstly.

This will be a good device to test my ambient temp?

http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00325-Comfort-Monitor-Black/dp/B004K8RF10/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462214833&sr=8-2&keywords=ambient+thermometer

10 minutes ago, RGT said:

I'm sure that'll do fine.  If you have decent case fans and good circulations through your case, at idle, your motherboard temp will only be a degree or two above ambient air temp.