Goodbye ChromeBook Pixel, GoodBye Nexus 9. We don't love you

AlTech
33 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well yeah, but that was never the intention. The entire point was to sell cheap laptops that encourages/forces users to use Google services.

There are some badass cheap chromebooks though. The Toshiba Chromebook 2 is like... $300? And it has a Celeron core processor, a 1080p panel, and Wireless AC. You don't get stuff like that on sub $500 Windows laptops.

wonder if RemixOS works on the Pixel C? Cause i'm really considering one to replace my macbook

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What would anyone who'd buy it use ChromeOS for?

At this point, practically anything you'd do on windows/linux/osx laptop minus gaming. ChromeOS as matured enough to cover most types of uses and if your not happy with just install whatever Linux distro you want.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

19 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

What was their logic for putting an i7 into a Chromebook? What's going to use all that horsepower, the Android apps?

Hopefully in 2 years we'll find them for 400 bucks on ebay - after that we can install windows or any other real os

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

38 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Hopefully in 2 years we'll find them for 400 bucks on ebay - after that we can install windows or any other real os

Good luck getting the thing to work properly on windows, for some good damn reason google think using a proprietary controller on something as standard as a keyboards is fun... not even Apple FFS... installing windows on the Pixel and have everything working properly is impossible, not even MS surfaces are this hard/impossible to hack them to work outside of MS systems.

This guide is for the 2013 pixel but its almost no different for 2014 and 15.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-windows-8-on-your-google-chromebook-pixel.350111/

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

7 hours ago, Prysin said:

given how unoptimized android can be. It was probably there to make the OS run smooth regardless of how many things that are running.

Uh.... ChromeOS runs off of Linux.... And if a Snapdragon 820 and a few gigs of RAM can make an Android phone smooth, you sure as hell don't need to stick an i7 in there

6 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

you could put linux on a chromebook pretty easily

Yeah, there's a whole lifehacker article on it

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

57 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Unless you can find a used one, I doubt they'll ever drop that low. Hell a desktop i7 already makes up for 3 quarters of that 400 bucks. (Yeah, yeah, the mobiles probably cost less)

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

As far as Chromebook Pixel makes no sense, price... with that OS just no. Anything laptop or detachable like that, just no with such OS

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, DXMember said:

they use macs

WHAT???!!!! Those bastards. I knew I hated Google for some things. I just didn't know why.

6 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

The Pixel existed as a proof of concept, and that concept was that we can have not-shit tier Chromebooks. Now that we're starting to see some fantastic chromebooks, it simply isn't needed. The HP Chromebook 13 serves as its replacement.

The Nexus 9 was... Well, it was just mediocre. It wasn't worth the $400 asking price, and I think the Pixel C is pretty much its direct replacement.

the Pixel C isn't worth $500 either.

6 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

How doesn't it ? It's a nice laptop, from specs to build.

OS is too limiting for a device that expensive.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

the Pixel C isn't worth $500 either.

Worth is a subjective metric. And you're still missing the point. :v

10 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Unless you can find a used one, I doubt they'll ever drop that low. Hell a desktop i7 already makes up for 3 quarters of that 400 bucks. (Yeah, yeah, the mobiles probably cost less)

Actually Mobile i7s can range in price. The cheapest Mobile i7s are about the price of a desktop i5 ($250-300). The most expensive are around $700.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

16 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

Good luck getting the thing to work properly on windows, for some good damn reason google think using a proprietary controller on something as standard as a keyboards is fun... not even Apple FFS... installing windows on the Pixel and have everything working properly is impossible, not even MS surfaces are this hard/impossible to hack them to work outside of MS systems.

This guide is for the 2013 pixel but its almost no different for 2014 and 15.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-windows-8-on-your-google-chromebook-pixel.350111/

great. lol. GNU/Linux systems seem to have a better time with it though.

16 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

yeah, I did mean used or refurbished. I'm thinking about the few that bought one of these only to realize it only does half of what they need because of os limitations and try to sell it. The demand will be low and the prices might drop.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Lol, if I am ever gonna have a Chromebook Pixel then I would had install Remix OS or even Windows lol.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

I would have loved to see a pixel with an installation of Windows on it, that would have made it make sense. And it's  not like windows is incompatible with the hardware, Google would have just needed to develop some drivers for it. And Google certainly doesn't have a shortage of devs, it wouldn't be an issue.

ASU