Help Finding my 'perfect' case.

So I have been searching for a couple of hours for a case that is perfect and suits my needs. I have looked everywhere and searched for what I need, I have found a couple that I like but all miss something or I am unsure about.

My personal requirements:

• Good Cable management (Preferably with a PSU shroud)
  • Looks nice.
  • Black, Red is also ok, But not LED's
  • Quiet. 
  • Good Airflow, Currently water cooling is not an option.
  • Around £75/$110. Will spend a little more if it is worth it.

I have looked at a couple of cases including:

• NZXT H440 - Reviews were bad for air cooling
  • Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX
  • Phantek Enthoo Luxe - Quite expensive, Has some LED's on the side.
  • Zalman Z9 U3 - Quite liked this case but was looking at other options.
  • Zalman Z9 Neo - Really like this case, What is sound like?
  • NZXT Phantom 530 - Quite like this case also, Sound an airflow any good?
  • be quiet Silent Base 600 - I like it, Think probably something better tho.

So hopefully from this information that I have provided, you can assist me with trying to find my perfect case. I will leave at the bottom my PC specs just for a little more help.

Specs:
CPU: Intel I7 4790k
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: MSI Gaming 5
GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980TI
RAM: 8GB HyperX fury Ram

PSU: EVGA Supernover 750W PSU - Might need to change for quieter PSU

Thanks for all your help I am truly greatful!

2 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

Phantek Enthoo Luxe - Quite expensive, Has some LED's on the side.

NZXT H440 - Reviews were bad for air cooling

Either of these 2 is what I would choose. I was going to get the Enthoo Luxe, to avoid any capability  and can fit nearly every color scheme with the LEDs.

Also if you want quiet though style, replace all your fans with Pure Wings 2 fans and the loudest thing in your PC will always be the GPU. PSU fans usually stay off and are very quiet most of the time. Pretty sure my HDD is the loudest thing in my PC...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

How about the NZXT Noctis 450? i think its about 10$ above your budget but in a black and red build that's probably the best case. And it also has great airflow, no optical drive tho, not sure if you need one.

6 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Either of these 2 is what I would choose. I was going to get the Enthoo Luxe, to avoid any capability  and can fit nearly every color scheme with the LEDs.

Also if you want quiet though style, replace all your fans with Pure Wings 2 fans and the loudest thing in your PC will always be the GPU. PSU fans usually stay off and are very quiet most of the time. Pretty sure my HDD is the loudest thing in my PC...

The H440 has bad reviews for air cooling tho? People have said there temperatures have raised by 20C. I also need something with good dust/hair protection. I have 4 dogs in my house. 

The Enthoo Luxe Is a little out my price range, By about £50 So was trying to pass that. It also has LED's built in and I don't believe you can turn them off without disconnection.

8 minutes ago, Zeinone said:

How about the NZXT Noctis 450? i think its about 10$ above your budget but in a black and red build that's probably the best case. And it also has great airflow, no optical drive tho, not sure if you need one.

Looks quite nice, Has the PSU cover that I would love to have. Will look into it, What is airflow like with it?

What about define r5?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

8 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

What about define r5?

Looks sleek, Black, Side window. Looks alright, Will look into more for sound, Air flow, Cable management. Thanks for suggestion.

Looks sleek, Black, Side window. Looks alright, Will look into more for sound, Air flow, Cable management. Thanks for suggestion.

My ds200 is ballox for sound and air cooling

5 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

Great sound dampening, Lots of of fan options, and good intake from the front.  Cable management is good, but not amazing.  I have a white one and the only thing I really don't like is that it doesn't have a PSU shroud.  The lack of the PSU shroud exposes the PSU cables and anything that plugs into the bottom of the mobo(USB,USB3, HD light, POWER SW, RESET SW, etc).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Great sound dampening, Lots of of fan options, and good intake from the front.  Cable management is good, but not amazing.  I have a white one and the only thing I really don't like is that it doesn't have a PSU shroud.  The lack of the PSU shroud exposes the PSU cables and anything that plugs into the bottom of the mobo(USB,USB3, HD light, POWER SW, RESET SW, etc).

I agree, Might be able to find one online, I am sure someone has made one for the case. But I agree, I would really like one of them to hide all of that.

NZXT S340 has good airflow, affordable, and really nice looking.

Fractal Design Define S is a more premium option with sound dampening and great airflow. On sale now I think!

People like both these cases a lot. The S340 has the benefit of being probably the smallest ATX case on the market. 

49 minutes ago, mhonor said:

NZXT S340 has good airflow, affordable, and really nice looking.

Fractal Design Define S is a more premium option with sound dampening and great airflow. On sale now I think!

People like both these cases a lot. The S340 has the benefit of being probably the smallest ATX case on the market. 

I really like this case (S340), Has a Nice look and color scheme (Red). PSU Shrowd and good airflow. Gonna look into this a bit more and really like the PSU Shrowd on this.

What is the noise like? Is it quiet?

1 hour ago, MrDexter said:

I really like this case (S340), Has a Nice look and color scheme (Red). PSU Shrowd and good airflow. Gonna look into this a bit more and really like the PSU Shrowd on this.

What is the noise like? Is it quiet?

I'm researching a build right now. I don't have the 340 so I cant say for sure but there is no sound dampening material in the case. If noise is a priority for you I would recommend the Define S.

Or you could spend a bit more on quiet fans for the S340. 

You might check out the Corsair 400C or Phanteks Eclipse P400S (silent) for some more options. 

Or, if you wanted to do a little modding, some people buy sound dampening foam and install it into their cases. It's not expensive but would be a bit of a project. 

8 hours ago, mhonor said:

I'm researching a build right now. I don't have the 340 so I cant say for sure but there is no sound dampening material in the case. If noise is a priority for you I would recommend the Define S.

Or you could spend a bit more on quiet fans for the S340. 

You might check out the Corsair 400C or Phanteks Eclipse P400S (silent) for some more options. 

Oooo Thee P400S is very nice, Will save me £50 as will no longer need Hue. All the features are nice, Good customization. Good Cable management, Air flow seems good. Hmmm Think I might have found one :)

Coolermaster Master Case Pro 5 but its a bit more expensive than the Phanteks Eclipse P400S and they seem to be very similar to each other.

CPU - I5 6600k @4.5ghz, AIO Cooler - H100i GTX, MOBO - MSI Z170 Gaming Pro, RAM - G-Skills Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 mhz, GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080, SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250g, HDD - WD Black 1TB, PSU - Corsair TX 750, Case - Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5, Monitor - Dell S2716dg 2560x1440 144hz gsnyc  27", AOC I2757FH 1920x1080 75Hz 27", OS - Windows 10 Home.

Do you need an optical drive? and do you care about your window?

I built my latest rebuild into an Enthoo Primo M Acrylic, and I have recommended it endlessly. For the price (75-90 usd) it is bare bone. But that's part of what makes it great. Has a basement for PSU. Good cable management routs. 3 SSD slots (only comes with 1 holder) 2 HDD mounts (can add more drive bays as needed if you don't watercool). And has an optical bay for those of us that still use these things.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

I think I will stick with the P400S due to it being a quiet case, good airflow, Great Cable management, PSU shroud and a Feature which will save me spending £50 on Hue+ The LED strips inside that can be turned on and off.

Continue to suggest as not gonna be getting it quite yet and If anyone thinks there is a better case feel free to let me know I will still be watching the thread.

Edit: To make the P400S case quieter should I buy new fans or is it already as quite as possible? If so what fans would you recommend for best performance and lowest sound.

Should I also keep my 4 Cooler Master Af120MM Quiet edition fans? Or should I sell them? Are the ones in the case better? (P400S)

Think I am gonna go for the "Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX" Can get for about £100 so little more than my budget but I think will be worth it. What fans would you recommend for the quietest sound? Think I will swap my PSU to RM850X as it has idle fan until under high load, meaning will be absolutely silent.

What fans does everyone recommend? Don't mind about the price. (In reason).

I have a Phantek Enthoo pro, mostly the same case but a little bigger. It's a great case, with it's size I don't even have to have my case fans running unless I put it under load and cable management is wonderful. As for fans Phanteks fans are about on par with Noctuas, in other words they're phan-tastic but some aren't pwm so be aware if that matters to you.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 hours ago, Cyracus said:

I have a Phantek Enthoo pro, mostly the same case but a little bigger. It's a great case, with it's size I don't even have to have my case fans running unless I put it under load and cable management is wonderful. As for fans Phanteks fans are about on par with Noctuas, in other words they're phan-tastic but some aren't pwm so be aware if that matters to you.

Ok, Thanks for the help. Good reviews all around so sounds like it's the best case for me. If the fans are not good enough I will change them that is fine. I believe I have found the 'perfect' case for myself with the help of everyone here thank you very much. 

Feel free to continue replying will still take into not everything else said.

A lot of the suggestions above are very good. 

If money is the predominating concern, given your expressed preference for a PSU shroud, the Depcool Dukase is an acceptable budget case. I have reviewed it here on this forum lately. 

It's not a great case, but it's quite decent and provides excellent value for the money in terms of price vs. features/performance.  

If money is not really an object, you should ignore this post :)  

40 minutes ago, Steel_Wind said:

A lot of the suggestions above are very good. 

If money is the predominating concern, given your expressed preference for a PSU shroud, the Depcool Dukase is an acceptable budget case. I have reviewed it here on this forum lately. 

It's not a great case, but it's quite decent and provides excellent value for the money in terms of price vs. features/performance.  

If money is not really an object, you should ignore this post :)  

Money was an issue but as I am about to spend £550 on a GPU I will save up a little extra and buy a more high-end case. 

I am currently stuck between the P400S and Evolv ATX. Both great cases with great features.