LTT is getting some interesting exposure!

So was browsing the interwebs, as one does, when I stumbled across this article from the Daily Mail in the UK (but the Australian sub-site): 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3459003/Now-S-wifi-booster-150-antenna-lets-share-network-25km-need-built-mast-it.html

Good to see LTT getting further exposure, as the DM surely have quite a large readership. I do wonder if they got in touch with LMG beforehand, or if they even are required to despite featuring Linus and his video so heavily? 

Anyway, nice one, LTT team!! 

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I tried to put it in LTT section but was unable to do so. 

Edit: Was testing for embedding in the thread, only now realise one can't delete posts. Either that or one is highly incompetent and can't figure out how...

Edited by Bren0man

Dat typo in the title

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I like how the top comment on the article is "it's illegal" xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Sure it can do 25Km but only at 4x 16QAM (1/2) at best so it's not that fast at any reasonable distance. 

People should get a general basis of how something works before they make inaccurate claims in articles. 400Mbps at 25Km; both of those numbers are theoretical maxims that cannot coincide with each other.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

8 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Dat typo in the title

Yes well, the Daily Mail is probably not the standard one should aspire to with regards to accuracy and general competence. :P

Just now, Bren0man said:

Yes well, the Daily Mail is probably not the standard one should aspire to with regards to accuracy and general competence. :P

The independent for that.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

7 minutes ago, Bren0man said:

are you inplying that whatever is on the Daily Mail is not accurate and incompetant ?

@LinusTech you're being taunted :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Hey, that DM article isn't half bad for their standard. I mean ok, all they did was making a transcript of the video, but at least they haven't screwed that up.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

47 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I like how the top comment on the article is "it's illegal" xD 

i think dude is confusing wireless standards, because 2.4GHz is *actually one of the hew signals* that is free to use by anyone, mostly because of microwaves :P