It finally happen, TWC has been bought out

2 hours ago, ionbasa said:

I have some issues with this merger:

We've been an TWC customer since the early 2000. We've been in their system fo so long that it was originally Adelphia Communications when we started service. My current package is 200/20. Charter offers no such package, only up to 100/10 and they provide their own modems, and I use my own. My package price is $34.99 a month for the 200 tier. Moving to charter will force me to pay more, at an lower speed, and use whatever junk modem they provide me with.

They really should continue to offer you the same plan you already had, even if it's not something they would offer to new customers, but I guess there's nothing forcing them to do so.  It's not like when a company buys the one you work for and you get the choice of whatever they offer you or compensation.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'm a TWC customer and I am happy the deal went through, TWC wants nothing to do with the cable business.

So it's out of the hands of a monster and into the hands of the devil.

I really feel sorry for you Americans, genuinely and sincerely sorry.

In a few weeks my FTTC connection is getting upgraded to 60Mbps down and 20Mbps up from 40/10

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Holy shit. Does this mean I can get faster internet that doesn't suck?

I remember(in my area) when Insight bought out Intermedia, then Time Warner bought out Insight.  It gets worse and worse each time a company is swallowed up, they basically just start doing whatever they want.

Right now the only options in my area are TWC/Charter and AT&T Uverse and I'm so tired of being throttled every day and capped every month.

Google Fiber has been in the works for over a year, but AT&T is bringing up lawsuits against the city to stop Google's wires from using the same poles that AT&T's are on (or something like that). If Fiber get's stalled much longer, or completely stopped, I'm just going to find a job in another city.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Lol I'll tell them to fuck off if they try to make me use some shitty modem. One of the nearby companies where I live are trying to do fiber, I think 100/50 or something like that.Maybe 200/100 in the future.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well it was bound to happen.

Cant say that that this would be better than than any other having made the purchase.

As long as they leave Mediacom alone.........

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well by this time next year I should hopefully have Google fiber so hopefully with as long as these transitions tend to take it won't really effect me. 

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

So, I live in the Green Bay area in Wisconsin. I've got TWC internet, and we pay around 75$ for roughly 4.5/.5.

What does this mean for me now that they were bought out? Will my speeds stay the same or will they change?

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina