Intel or AMD? (english essay)

Hello! I am doing a persuasive essay for my highschool english class and I need a good topic that I can use associated with computer components(preferably processors, gpu's, ram, or hdd's and ssd's) Before I do the essay we were given a paper to fill out that is asking me for five things that support each side, then I need to chose four of those and list at least one specific story or personal example to prove each of the 4 points that I have chosen. I also need to say what points or arguments will this audience (the tech community) use to disagree with me. This is a 500 word essay and the paper that I am currently filling out will be do tomorrow morning. 

Edited by safarihunter

AMD has a really weak architectuer thats why there processors get smashed smashed in benchmarks, to make up for it they have just spammed cores all over the place in hope that someone will buy one and then increased the core clock to silly levels to make up for some preformance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have to say that Amd does not have many cpus for the 200$ pricetag amd 9370 and 8370. Both are extremely close to the 8350 and 8320. just higher clock speeds really.

7 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

Are there any amd processors considered to be current? Let alone anywhere near 200usd?

Nope. Your essay's going to suck, go for convincing your audience that Intel'S overall are better then AMD's CPU, even in the lower price range.

By that I mean change the subject, there are no possible argument to counter someone going for Intel over 200$ USD

That's a terrible essay topic, choose something else. Also, AMD cpus around 200$ are one or two depending on where you live, unless you want to mention the server market which is a whole different beehive.

Why don't you compare some proprietary software to their open source alternatives?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Flowey said:

Nope. Your essay's going to suck, go for convincing your audience that Intel'S overall are better then AMD's CPU, even in the lower price range.

The issue though is that he's comparing 3-5 year old processors to ones that came out this year. No shit ones going to be better. Compare them back in 2000 when there was a huge spike in computers and technological breakthroughs or compare their gpus. Your current topic is flawed

7 minutes ago, safarihunter said:

1 hour ago, safarihunter said:

Hello! I am doing a persuasive essay for my highschool english class and I chose to persuade my audience on why high end ($200 and up) intel processors are better than AMD ($200 and up). Before I do the essay we were given a paper to fill out that is asking me for five things that support each side, then I need to chose four of those and list at least one specific story or personal example to prove each of the 4 points that I have chosen. I also need to say what points or arguments will this audience (the tech community) use to disagree with me. This is a 500 word essay and the paper that I am currently filling out will be do tomorrow morning. 

use nvidia vs amd gpu sweet spot, (~$300)

2 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

The issue though is that he's comparing 3-5 year old processors to ones that came out this year. No shit ones going to be better. Compare them back in 2000 when there was a huge spike in computers and technological breakthroughs or compare their gpus. Your current topic is flawed

Do he might not even have been conscious back in 200 ( I mean before 6 does anyone remembers anything?)

2 minutes ago, Flowey said:

Tho he kight not even have been conscious back in 200 ( I mean before 6 does anyone remembers anything?)

Yep, I'm 16 and I remember a lot during my 6 year old days...gameboy advance SP...gameboy micro and my great motorola phone...which was very good cause it had a full version of street fighter on it :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

How in the world is this topic allowed for an english essay when 98% of the world wouldnt know what youre talking about. Choose something more tangible like mobile gaming versus pc gaming. Or if you real want to go in depth then the capabilities or ARM vs x86 and how computers will change in time. 

let me say it like this... aaaaaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

33 minutes ago, safarihunter said:

Hello! I am doing a persuasive essay for my highschool english class and I chose to persuade my audience on why intel processors are better than AMD. Before I do the essay we were given a paper to fill out that is asking me for five things that support each side, then I need to chose four of those and list at least one specific story or personal example to prove each of the 4 points that I have chosen. I also need to say what points or arguments will this audience (the tech community) use to disagree with me. This is a 500 word essay and the paper that I am currently filling out will be do tomorrow morning. 

That's a terrible topic, you should really do something else.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

29 minutes ago, safarihunter said:

Hello! I am doing a persuasive essay for my highschool english class and I chose to persuade my audience on why high end ($200 and up) intel processors are better than AMD ($200 and up). Before I do the essay we were given a paper to fill out that is asking me for five things that support each side, then I need to chose four of those and list at least one specific story or personal example to prove each of the 4 points that I have chosen. I also need to say what points or arguments will this audience (the tech community) use to disagree with me. This is a 500 word essay and the paper that I am currently filling out will be do tomorrow morning. 

3 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Thst's a terrible topic, you should really do something else.

I put up another thread asking about what I should use as a topic. Would love your input 

1 minute ago, safarihunter said:

I put up another thread asking about what I should use as a topic. Would love your input 

How about "local storage vs cloud storage?" Discuss pros and cons of on-site storage (external HDD, NAS, etc.) vs something like Google Drive, MS Onedrive or other cloud storage solutions.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, Flowey said:

By that I mean change the subject, there are no possible argument to counter someone going for Intel over 200$ USD

saying intel is the best option at the low end would be a catastrophical fallacy.

On 4/24/2016 at 7:48 PM, cangath said:

How in the world is this topic allowed for an english essay when 98% of the world wouldnt know what youre talking about. Choose something more tangible like mobile gaming versus pc gaming. Or if you real want to go in depth then the capabilities or ARM vs x86 and how computers will change in time. 

'Associated with computer components'