Why people hate the verge?

Pooherino ツ

They are that one news site which wanted to make their articles premium only right?
I dunno, never really visited them

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

They are that one news site which wanted to make their articles premium only right?

Idk, i know them thru youtube. And thru mkbhd. I thought they make high quality vids, but they get a lot of hate.

I find them to be apple fanboys and take expensive products as granted, like every viewer would be a rich person, don't really give a lot of shit for the lower-earning people. But gotta admit tho, their vids are high quality. Still, the content isnt that great

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

1 minute ago, IMPERIUS said:

I find them to be apple fanboys and take expensive products as granted, like every viewer would be a rich person, don't really give a lot of shit for the lower-earning people. But gotta admit tho, their vids are high quality. Still, the content isnt that great

Thats true, thanks. Im watching an ip6s review rn.

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

No, that was Wired and Forbes (site). Idt Verge tried that...yet.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

The Verge is the type of place that does decent content, then completely ruins their reputation by posting biased shit articles with sensational headlines. I call them iVerge, since they typically admire Apple products while crapping all over anything not Apple. "If Apple puts something in a product and another company puts the same thing in their product, they are copying. If a company puts something in their product, its worthless. If Apple implements that same feature, Its the greatest thing ever and they are the original inventors of it, not the company that did it years before." -iVerge logic

I don't watch their YouTube vids so I cant comment on them.

People find The Verge to be polarizing because they fanboy good products. For example, they would almost always clearly recommend the iPhone over its competition for a many number of years because they believed it to be the best smartphone around. Now that Android has caught up with iPhone (think S6, S7), you'll find that they'll also recommend these smartphones as well.

Watching their YouTube videos, I almost always see a larger proportion of dislikes on their channel than others. Mostly because they have been labeled iVerge by a very vocal group of Android fans. I suspect these are the same Android fans who are intolerant to anyone else's opinion or preference as seen in the one of TechnoBuffalo's latest videos.

10 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

The Verge is the type of place that does decent content, then completely ruins their reputation by posting biased shit articles with sensational headlines. I call them iVerge, since they typically admire Apple products while crapping all over anything not Apple. "If Apple puts something in a product and another company puts the same thing in their product, they are copying. If a company puts something in their product, its worthless. If Apple implements that same feature, Its the greatest thing ever and they are the original inventors of it, not the company that did it years before." -iVerge logic

I don't watch their YouTube vids so I cant comment on them.

You fucking nailed it. And don't get me started on their vendetta against Microsoft.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

6 hours ago, AyeJayKay said:

People find The Verge to be polarizing because they fanboy good products. For example, they would almost always clearly recommend the iPhone over its competition for a many number of years because they believed it to be the best smartphone around. Now that Android has caught up with iPhone (think S6, S7), you'll find that they'll also recommend these smartphones as well.

Watching their YouTube videos, I almost always see a larger proportion of dislikes on their channel than others. Mostly because they have been labeled iVerge by a very vocal group of Android fans. I suspect these are the same Android fans who are intolerant to anyone else's opinion or preference as seen in the one of TechnoBuffalo's latest videos.

I troubleshoot these things for a living and honestly iPhones are a pain. From their convoluted integration with iTunes to do anything to their ability to lure customers into a false sense of ease of use--they're a mess. Android isn't without fault, but troubleshooting android is more straight forward from personal experience. 

People are free to choose what they wiil, I have no qualms with that. At the end of the day, most of the more annoying troubleshooting I do is with Apple products. 

Edit: Although I've had headdesk moments with the Android starchild of Samsung on more than one occasion to be fair. 

They do have a bit of a bias towards Apple, although now that Android phones etc are really starting to compete in terms of build quality its getting better. They definitely tend to look at things from a normal person/tech "interested" person rather than full on enthusiasts. So they go for battery life, looks, materials, build quality rather than raw specs (like myself). They also have very sensationalist headlines and their website is very heavy IMO.

Still think they're good, with a great variety of articles.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti