Case fan configuration opinion

S.S.Dragon

so i have an nzxt source 210 black. im using the stock intel cpu cooler, and planning to get some 750ti gpu probably when i get paid this week. my plan was 1 top intake and either a side exhuast or a second rear exhuast (case already comes with 1 rear exhuast. im assuming thats ok. i dont want a front intake

I'd do a side intake. One intake with two exhausts is going to create serious negative pressure, which will build up dust over time. Two intakes and one exhaust is actually a pretty good rule of thumb if you're planning on using three fans.

Any particular reason you don't want a front intake? That's really the best place for one...

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I would just get 2x120mm for front. Its all you need.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I'd do a side intake. One intake with two exhausts is going to create serious negative pressure, which will build up dust over time. Two intakes and one exhaust is actually a pretty good rule of thumb if you're planning on using three fans.

Any particular reason you don't want a front intake? That's really the best place for one...

causes the computer sets in the tower area of the desk. where theres a door. it wouldnt get much airflow when its closed. 

6 hours ago, S.S.Dragon said:

causes the computer sets in the tower area of the desk. where theres a door. it wouldnt get much airflow when its closed. 

An intake on top in a non-ventliated environment isn't going to be any better. It'll just pull the hot air from the exhaust back into the system. If you can take the door off and do a front intake instead, is strongly recommend it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

If I remove the door. Could I do 1 front and the top one closest to the front? I kinda don't like the idea of front panel fans for where the case is located

10 hours ago, S.S.Dragon said:

If I remove the door. Could I do 1 front and the top one closest to the front? I kinda don't like the idea of front panel fans for where the case is located

If you don't like front fans, side in, rear our is enough. In your build, there really isn't need for complex cooling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

53 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you don't like front fans, side in, rear our is enough. In your build, there really isn't need for complex cooling.

The only problem with that is the CPU will not be getting much airflow to cool it

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 hours ago, UberGamerKing said:

The only problem with that is the CPU will not be getting much airflow to cool it

i3 isn't going to be hot in any case. Depending on 750Ti model, it might have open-air cooler. CPU will be fine. Its more important to have exhaust than intake for CPU if you must choose one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

true, that's true. I didn't know hes running and i3 so nvm

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

I might be getting a 950 instead a 750ti

If it changes anything. There's a sale on an 950 on newegg. It'd be worth snagging if I can

14 hours ago, S.S.Dragon said:

I might be getting a 950 instead a 750ti

If it changes anything. There's a sale on an 950 on newegg. It'd be worth snagging if I can

It has same style cooler with 750Ti. I would still have side in, rear out. If it seems that CPU would be hot (which I doubt with i3), add front top intake. Problem with that is that you need dust filter for it. Front places would be pre-filtered.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv