iOS 7 iPad Mini First Look + Review

NinjaStyle013

I'm here to add to the growing number of iOS 7 threads in the review section with my first look and review of iOS 7.

The biggest change in iOS I have experienced is definitely the look and it really makes the Mini feel like a 2013 device. Apple has done very well in the minimal design style and while it does sorta mirror Android, it does have that polished Apple feel that you expect from Apple.

The new lock screen is probably what impresses me the most. By changing its look from a window look to a totally different design it gives you a more expanded feeling when you unlock the device. What I mean in saying this is that you feel like the OS is wider and more advanced. It is akin to the Windows 8 interface. It really gives the 'desktop' a more of a Metro feel by making it something you only look at when launching an app.

The only gripe I really have is that the bar that holds the items that stick to the bottom looks way to big. If it were scalable then it would fine but as it is its just too big.

Using the new menus is a breeze on the large screen and like everything they look fantastic. The multitasking is a big improvement over iOS 6 but I would of liked a faster scroll with less friction so that I can stop it when I find the app I need.

The parallax effect I feel doesn't really add much to general usage of the device, I haven't seen it on an iPhone yet but I assume it would be much cooler. As of now its sorta just an extra and it doesn't handle diagonal tilting well.

In terms of performance 7 feels a lot smoother, I've had less crashes and less laggy spots than 6 but other than that it's about the same. The battery has taken a pretty big hit. 100% battery usually only goes down to around 90-85 after a day at school but it went down to 70 with 7. This is a bit worrying but I'm sure this will be due to having the parallex effect enabled and because the device isn't used to the OS yet. Maybe it'll be fixed in a following update.

All in all it really is a nice upgrade and there's no secret things so far that Apple has added to ruin it. It will make your Apple device feel brand new and much more modern. It's a good upgrade from 6 for sure.

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Downloaded it on my iPad. Can't wait to see how it feels on the iPhone 5S.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

looks like IOS android!

Im still running 5.1.1 on my ipod 4th gen. Untethered JB :P

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

In a semi-related post.... I shall never upgrade! Muahahahaha, take that Apple!

aq52.png

You have a 3g don't you ;)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Could you upload any images of the device on various os screens, apps open etc? We have ordered several ipad minis for educational use and need to know about ios7 compatibility :).

Could you upload any images of the device on various os screens, apps open etc? We have ordered several ipad minis for educational use and need to know about ios7 compatibility :).

Sure thing, what screens do you want exactly?

aq52.png

7NnE0X3.png

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

aq52.png

iOS 5.1.1 has been the best.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Sure thing, what screens do you want exactly?

Any of the stock apps, the stock features such as control centre etc. Thanks.

3gs :(

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

You have a 3g don't you ;)

He has a black iPod Touch 3G that is from canada. Source: http://iphonefrom.com/en/MC008C

Ipod touch 3G is incomaptible with anything over iOS 5.1.1 I belive, though I may be wrong.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Community review pictures > google image results. I can ask OP questions.

Who said you couldn't? I just linked you to a way to get pictures of what you were asking instantly and you met me with

Get a life

Sorry for making things simple

I mean if I want to ask about something OP shows in a picture I can do it easily. I can't do that with google images.

Your intention was to take the piss and I can't be bothered with it.

Your intention was to take the piss and I can't be bothered with it.

I can believe this because you didn't even bother quoting me.

And

I mean if I want to ask about something OP shows in a picture I can do it easily. I can't do that with google images.

Unless OP has a damaged ipad you would find everything you'd get from him on Google images.

I can believe this because you didn't even bother quoting me.

And

Unless OP has a damaged ipad you would find everything you'd get from him on Google images.

http://imgur.com/ptdYbxC

Gta 3 with the ghost boat, camera app

http://imgur.com/QQn5WQf

Notification Centre

http://imgur.com/UMFM5rv

New menu thing

http://imgur.com/XnKkOnh

Revamped multitasking, so much easier and better looking to close apps now.

http://imgur.com/ROcq2FF

Settings

http://imgur.com/WolacFO

The mail app

http://imgur.com/bqgpq1P

Safari

Only quoted you so you would get notified, Garry it wasn't very cool to be rude to him, I'm fine with offering an actual users viewpoint.