Today is the day... \[T]/

MEC-777
3 hours ago, EscalatorBoy said:

So to change the subject - I've never played any kind of Souls game, and aside from difficulty and a grim looking world, I haven't really gotten a good grip on what's good about these games.

Give me your elevator pitch! Why should I play a Souls game, and which should I start with?

Dark souls 1 (with Dsfix) -> Dark souls 2 -> Dark souls 3. if you've got a ps3, try playing Demon's Souls. if you've got a ps4, try playing Bloodborne. 

Souls games requires practice and skill to get right. basically get good. they will never hold your hand, even if they give you a lot of loot or lots of souls 

3 hours ago, EscalatorBoy said:

So to change the subject - I've never played any kind of Souls game, and aside from difficulty and a grim looking world, I haven't really gotten a good grip on what's good about these games.

Give me your elevator pitch! Why should I play a Souls game, and which should I start with?

What @Technicolors said. Start with 1, then 2, then 3. Play the others if you can or if you want. Demon souls was the first Souls game and Bloodborne came after DS2, but was a PS4 exclusive. DS3 was built on the Bloodborne engine but with many improvements and tweaks. 

The DS games are unforgiving. You have to be smart and think about what you're doing and where you're going. You have to fight smart and not just run in swords-a-swinging. You will die a lot. Here's a great video that sums up what makes DS so different from other games. ;) 

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

Yes, racing Games and Beat ém ups. I agree on that. And i would agree if this would be true with DS, which it isnt. 3rd Person Games can be played perfect, even better, with M+K. Lords of the Fallen is just one of many Examples. FROM are just lazy d~#+heads, but you Guys have the rose-red Glasses on an deny every justified critics on that technical nightmare and take everything like you would belong to FROM. But since you dont wanna hear me name things like they are, ok, I do you the favour and leave you alone. Maybe its a good Idea to post DS Threads in the Console Section, that´s where *ahem...* Games belong.

Have Fun.

Lords of the Fallen is another game that plays better with a controller. That's the type of game these are. Some racing games can be played decently with a controller, but that doesn't mean another type of input isn't the better option. Is there some reason you completely despise using a controller or something? 

Most people who follow and enjoy the DS series, knows it plays better with a controller and already have one for it. It's only the select few who, for some reason, feel the need to cling to m+kb for a game that was not designed for it, who are complaining (actually very few). FROM knows the majority of players, even on PC (whether kb+m works well or not) is going to use a controller - because it works better. Call it neglect by FROM, I can understand and agree with that, to an extent. Calling them lazy d**k heads is just over-reacting, IMO - all things considered.

Your argument is a very trivial one, at best.  

I don't let critics make decisions for me as to what games are good or bad based on their experience. determine what games good or bad based on my own experience. Thus far, I am having a blast playing DS3, as are many other players on PC. It runs great, looks great and plays great. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

14 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

What @Technicolors said. Start with 1, then 2, then 3. Play the others if you can or if you want. Demon souls was the first Souls game and Bloodborne came after DS2, but was a PS4 exclusive. DS3 was built on the Bloodborne engine but with many improvements and tweaks. 

The DS games are unforgiving. You have to be smart and think about what you're doing and where you're going. You have to fight smart and not just run in swords-a-swinging. You will die a lot. Here's a great video that sums up what makes DS so different from other games. ;) 

"It's a hard game where you die a lot, so practice up and git gud" is about all I've heard about these games, and it's not a very compelling pitch, to be honest. Is there anything about these games besides the satisfaction of overcoming the difficulty that I can get invested in, or is that all there is? Because if it's about practicing up and gitting gud, I'd rather play Melee...

8 minutes ago, EscalatorBoy said:

"It's a hard game where you die a lot, so practice up and git gud" is about all I've heard about these games, and it's not a very compelling pitch, to be honest. Is there anything about these games besides the satisfaction of overcoming the difficulty that I can get invested in, or is that all there is? Because if it's about practicing up and gitting gud, I'd rather play Melee...

Did you watch the video I posted? If that doesn't peak your interest, then this might not be a game for you. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, EscalatorBoy said:

you don't overcome the difficulty. the difficulty overcomes you. that's why death is an integral part in Souls. learning from your failures and trying again, sometimes over and over. but it sounds like Souls games aren't for you, which is ok. 

8 hours ago, Praesi said:

Yes, racing Games and Beat ém ups. I agree on that. And i would agree if this would be true with DS, which it isnt. 3rd Person Games can be played perfect, even better, with M+K. Lords of the Fallen is just one of many Examples. FROM are just lazy d~#+heads, but you Guys have the rose-red Glasses on an deny every justified critics on that technical nightmare and take everything like you would belong to FROM. But since you dont wanna hear me name things like they are, ok, I do you the favour and leave you alone. Maybe its a good Idea to post DS Threads in the Console Section, that´s where *ahem...* Games belong.

Have Fun.

The problem is you're going "waahh waahhh no keyboard make game evil, waahh" It IS a valid criticism you dolt! We aren't denying that. But people like you just love to smell your own farts so much you need to bring it up whenever possible. You keep saying the series is nothing but shit ports. Ds1 is, yes. But I have not noticed ds2 dropping below 60fps, so how is it a shit port if it runs fine and isn't worse than on consoles? I guess I just view what makes a port shit differently than you. To me its a shit port if it runs poorly or is lacking features from the console version lke arkham knight missing graphic assets that were present on the console. Dumbshits like you are just as bad as the fanboys you think you see.

2 hours ago, CyanideInsanity said:

The problem is you're going "waahh waahhh no keyboard make game evil, waahh" It IS a valid criticism you dolt! We aren't denying that. But people like you just love to smell your own farts so much you need to bring it up whenever possible. You keep saying the series is nothing but shit ports. Ds1 is, yes. But I have not noticed ds2 dropping below 60fps, so how is it a shit port if it runs fine and isn't worse than on consoles? I guess I just view what makes a port shit differently than you. To me its a shit port if it runs poorly or is lacking features from the console version lke arkham knight missing graphic assets that were present on the console. Dumbshits like you are just as bad as the fanboys you think you see.

Watch your language little Boy.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

16 hours ago, Praesi said:

Watch your language little Boy.

Pfft. You're one to talk... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Just now, MEC-777 said:

Pfft. You're one to talk... 

I gave you Names? I criticize the Game. You bash me. But i dont expect you to understand the difference. So i have not only to ignore the Topic, sadly i have to ignore you too. If that´s what it takes, so be it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

13 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I gave you Names? I criticize the Game. You bash me. But i dont expect you to understand the difference. So i have not only to ignore the Topic, sadly i have to ignore you too. If that´s what it takes, so be it.

What? You gave me names? Not sure what you mean by that. 

You criticized the game, which is fine. But you call it a sh*t port because of one small "issue" that effects maybe less than 10% of all players (including on PC), simply because you refuse to use the control method it was designed to work with best - seems very petty and over the top, IMO. 

How have I bashed you? I have only been as polite and reasonable as I can be, given your statements towards the game and the devs. 

You use foul language in your own posts and then tell someone else to watch their language? o.O lol

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

This is my first Dark Souls game (played Demon's Souls) and fuck am I getting rekt. I keep making the mistake of diving right in and trying to stab the shit out of everybody. NOPE, I learned that lesson right quick! Anyways, besides that, the game is fun and definitely a challenge. I wouldn't say the graphics are the best I've seen, but am happy to report I am running a consistent 60FPS everything maxed out. I've only played an hour and a 1/2 so far (busy with work) but this weekend I'm gonna put some serious time in.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I have been playing the first one, its not bad, combat is quite good, its a matter of working out the patterns of the enemy, then getting your blows in, im very early in the game, and new to the game, so i keep forgetting to press lock on to enemy, and that gets me killed more than anything, also keep forgetting to heel...

Not gripped by it though don't know if i'll bother playing much more of it. It's one of those games that will frustrate and frustrate, and you have to put hours and hours into it, to figure everything out, and to be honest i can't be arsed anymore with games like these, I prefer games i can pick up and play for half an hour without frustration.

I can see the appeal of the dark souls games, at the moment not sure if they are for me.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

7 hours ago, Praesi said:

Thats because you aren't criticizing the game. No, you're going above and beyond. Yes you have a valid point. Its on pc so it should have keyboard and mouse prompts. Again I reiterate WE ARE NOT DISAGREEING WITH THAT. Maybe in caps you'll comprehend that. What we disagree with is you spouting  "shit port". Wanna know what a shit port looks like? Try final fantasy 13 with its fluctuating performance, quantum break with its forced 720p with their reconstruction AA or whatever it is, or tales of symphonia with its 30fps cap more than 10 years after the gamecube original ran at 60 and its untested language options and still locked 720p after stating they'd fix it over 2 months ago. Those games perform poorly or are inferior to their console counterparts. Those are shit ports. Though I'm wasting my breathe on you, you hypocrite. You demand better on pc meanwhile, as stated in another thread, put over 200 hours into skyrim with its UI designed for controllers? ridiculous.