Software you like to have but atm can't afford to?

LogicalDrm

For me they are Acrobat Standard and some better video editor like Sony Vegas. Since I'm not using them daily, I'm not interested of putting extra for them right now. I'm using Acrobat Standart at work and it just does everything better than opensource ones I've used.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

AIDA64. Unfortunatly I lost my license some time ago, and I don't currently have the money to repurchase it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I dont pay for software.

I'm not spending hundreds of pounds on one piece of software (apart from windows OS and games ofc), I haven't got that money to throw around.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Office, various editing programs.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I dont pay for software.

I'm not spending hundreds of pounds on one piece of software (apart from windows OS and games ofc), I haven't got that money to throw around.

Harr, Harr!

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Harr, Harr!

Harr Harr what?

You want to buy me a Photoshop license, an office license and some editing software for ludicrously absurd prices?

I though so....

Can understand for professional use but for personal use, you would be crazy to pay for the stuff or have allot of money to throw away.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Harr Harr what?

You want to buy me a Photoshop license, an office license and some editing software for ludicrously absurd prices?

I though so....

Can understand for professional use but for personal use, you would be crazy to pay for the stuff or have allot of money to throw away.

If you read, question is what you would like to get/buy not why you don't use paid software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Harr Harr what?

I though so....

So you admit you are a thief?

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

If you read, question is what you would like to get/buy not why you don't use paid software.

He essentially just said that he USES paid software except he doesn't pay for it. At least that's what I understood.

I have already suggested what my answer is.

There is no software I can't buy because I cant afford it because I'm not going to pay for software...

So you admit you are a thief?

Sure, for software that is way more expensive that it needs to be.

If everyone needed to pay for the different pieces of software we wouldn't have near enough people to actually use that software in a business setting because who really is going to pony up the money for the expensive editing stuff etc for their OWN personal use.....

Yes it is justifying what you will see as "theft", I wouldn't know anything about how to use software today, If i didn't get it for free....as with most other people.  I also wouldn't of been able to get a job which uses the software I have "stolen" if I didn't do it.

I knew this thread would host many arguments on pirating.

This isn't an argument, I was asked a question and I stated the facts along with reasoning.

This isn't an argument, its just stating facts.

You can argue that even with those facts, it doesn't give you the right to steal (Legal definition depends on country)

Edit: I don't want to start an argument, but I'm just saying the posts in this thread are highly arguable (even your "facts"). And besides, what you've posted isn't just facts, you've included opinions and personal experiences.

There is no software I can't buy because I cant afford it because I'm not going to pay for software...

If everyone needed to pay for the different pieces of software we wouldn't have near enough people to actually use that software in a business setting because who really is going to pony up the money for the expensive editing stuff etc for their OWN personal use.....

Yes it is justifying what you will see as "theft", I wouldn't know anything about how to use software today, If i didn't get it for free....as with most other people. I also wouldn't of been able to get a job which uses the software I have "stolen" if I didn't do it.

Overpriced software doesn't exist... You just don't see it as good value, download a free alternative such as GIMP.

This isn't an argument, I was asked a question and I stated the facts along with reasoning.

Actually you haven't answered question but rather avoided it with why.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Actually you haven't answered question but rather avoided it with why.

He probably means Office and Photoshop.

My turn I guess, Office (Windows would count as well I guess :ph34r: ).

Autodesk Maya, and other 3D modelling applications (Cinema 4D, 3ds Max).

Corel Painter (the best digital painting tool out there). Sketchbook pro is a cheaper alternative. 

Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection. Lovely $2500 price-tag for the whole package (pre-Creative Cloud).

Luckily for me, Blender does almost everything Maya and other 3D applications do, and there are always great alternatives for the rest. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Ubuntu 7

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Yes it is justifying what you will see as "theft", I wouldn't know anything about how to use software today, If i didn't get it for free....as with most other people.  I also wouldn't of been able to get a job which uses the software I have "stolen" if I didn't do it.

Gas is way to expensive.

That's alright, I just siphon it from my neighbor's car.

It's perfectly OK because I think gas is overpriced.

On an on-topic note:

I'd personally love to have Photoshop and Illustrator. I might end up getting Creative Cloud one day, but who knows.

There's probably several other things, but they're not coming to mind atm. I'll update this post if I find any. 

So far no one has said they can't afford a monthly subscription MMO they like...

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log