US Senate drafts most disastrous anti-crypto bill ever

PCgamer324

I think if this happens LTT will become a global hacker group xD If this happens I'll hide a note in our safe saying if the NSA break into my room to steal my PC I'll be somewhere in Russia :P

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

10 hours ago, Astralify said:

Why do you think they're doing it? To prevent people from rebelling/organizing in the future, when things get even more ridiculous.  So freedom. Much demo.

People will find a way. Militias were formed before cell phones, who's to say it can't be formed secretly now? Truthfully, I feel like the US is going to end up like Rome.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

How nice to see Feinstein branching her totalitarianistic demands outside of Firearms legislation.

1 minute ago, LukeTim said:

This is what happens when ignorant people write legislation.

Oh come on people.... They are not ignorant. They know exactly what they're doing.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

3 minutes ago, Astralify said:

Oh come on people.... They are not ignorant. They know exactly what they're doing.

What are they doing? They're not going to help terrorism or organised crime investigations, because those organisations will use crypto of their own anyway.

All they're doing is putting the public at risk of cyber crime, including themselves.

1 minute ago, LukeTim said:

What are they doing? They're not going to help terrorism or organised crime investigations, because those organisations will use crypto of their own anyway.

All they're doing is putting the public at risk of cyber crime, including themselves.

They know this. Because that's not what this isn't about. Not for them.

8 minutes ago, LukeTim said:

Its about the being able to read and store as much data as possible, nothing more.

If the bill passes and the large majority of people abide by it they instantly have access to millions more peoples private data than they did before the bill.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 4/8/2016 at 3:53 PM, Jon1764 said:

I say let it pass, let them destroy the tech industry and ruin their economy. 

Actually, I agree: This fucking bullies need to be shown that some companies are big enough to survive without the US market and just fucking leave them dry or make it clear to the rest of the world "This is the crippled US device, the rest of the people around the world get encryption"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Feinstein is nothing short of a witch. I try hard not to hate, but I really do hate that woman. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

12 hours ago, christianled59 said:

People will find a way. Militias were formed before cell phones, who's to say it can't be formed secretly now? Truthfully, I feel like the US is going to end up like Rome.

We certainly seem to be barreling down that particular route.

Presidents who seem to live in their own little universe, and a senate/congress that will do just about anything for a dollar.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Actually, I agree: This fucking bullies need to be shown that some companies are big enough to survive without the US market and just fucking leave them dry or make it clear to the rest of the world "This is the crippled US device, the rest of the people around the world get encryption"

Problem is, think about how much pull the US has on other countries... If the US really wanted lets say Europe or Asia to pass laws like these, do you think they couldn't get it done? Seriously just think about this scares me. The idea of no end to end encryption is absolutely ridiculous. I expect riots if this even is considered. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

9 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Problem is, think about how much pull the US has on other countries... If the US really wanted lets say Europe or Asia to pass laws like these, do you think they couldn't get it done? Seriously just think about this scares me. The idea of no end to end encryption is absolutely ridiculous. I expect riots if this even is considered. 

It's being considered, and the "journalists" by large are ignoring it, meaning the general public has no fucking clue what is happening. Even if they hear about it, all they will know is "terrorist use encryption".

media meme.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Orangeator said:

Not that much power I disagree that the entire world would give in. Countries like Russia or China stood up in opposition in the past. 

-------

Current Rig

-------