Planning on upgrading GPU, need some advice.

Nayroy

I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card in my prebuilt HP desktop and I would like some help making sure I get a GPU that would fit in my case and would work with the parts I get.

These are the parts I was thinking of getting.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vTtrhM

From the port to the HDD cage is about 7 and a half inches (19cm/190mm) and about half an inch from the PCI lane to having something obstructing the card. I haven't added anything, removed anything, or tweaked anything to it.

390? Or probably a 290 instead. Better price for performance imo. a bit more expensive but very much worth

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

Looks good. I would just make sure the psu will fit, atx is standard for width and height, but not length! Also, check out the 380 compact!

I like good humans and good food

1 minute ago, DevTechStudios said:

390? Or probably a 290 instead. Better price for performance imo. a bit more expensive but very much worth

Bruh... No 390 or 290 is less than 190mm... Just to much tdp for a single fan to dissipate...

1 minute ago, colinreay said:

Bruh... No 390 or 290 is less than 190mm... Just to much tdp for a single fan to dissipate...

oops. I shouldn't be giving advice when I have been up 48 hours with 4 hours of sleep xD

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

On the manufacture site, it states the PSU as an internal ATX, the tag on the PSU shows hp part no. 633189-001. Google comes up with this.

I'm not sure what axes belong to what points, but from the back of the case, from edge to edge, from one side of the panel to the other side is 6.5 inches (~16.5cm/~165mm) , 4.5 inches (~11.5cm/~114.5mm) from top of the case to the bottom of the PSU, and from inside of the case to the back IO is 5.5 inches (~14cm/~140mm).

26 minutes ago, Nayroy said:

snip

this site might help in checking for the length of your card

http://graphics-cards.specout.com/

also i would recommend looking at amazon warehouse deals i got my 4gb gtx 960 fior $166 and got a $18 rebate on top of that , there is a 4gb one right now for $160 which is also a compact card

or newegg has a r9 380 for $150AR but you will need to check the specs on the above site to see if it fits in your system

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

4 minutes ago, Nayroy said:

On the manufacture site, it states the PSU as an internal ATX, the tag on the PSU shows hp part no. 633189-001. Google comes up with this.

I'm not sure what axes belong to what points, but from the back of the case, from edge to edge, from one side of the panel to the other side is 6.5 inches (~16.5cm/~165mm) , 4.5 inches (~11.5cm/~114.5mm) from top of the case to the bottom of the PSU, and from inside of the case to the back IO is 5.5 inches (~14cm/~140mm).

you need to check what additional power connectors it provides (if any) if you cant find any 6 or 8 pin connectors, this card will do fine:

https://www.asus.com/au/Graphics-Cards/GTX950-OC-2GD5/

can you send us a photo with the case open please,

@papapoi I don't want to buy used and my motherboard only has one pci slot, aside from one smaller one that the wifi card uses.

My motherboard has these pcie

One PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0)

Three PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0)

One PCI Express Mini Card x1

My monitor uses DVI-D single link.

There's some thing on the motherboard that would obstruct the GPU, it's about half an inch down the the pcie lane.

Looks solid. Just be sure that the power supply will fit, looks like it is about 10mm longer than the current one.

The evga gtx 750ti as edditon is small and powerful card you should checkout

Would the compact 970 be a gimped version of the 970? I believe the dimensions on my PSU is 4.5 inches/144mm height, 6.5 inches/165mm width, and 5.5 inches/139mm long. According to newegg, the PSU is 86x140x150 - this would be a misfit?

@TITANB I plan on using the GPU for the next 2 to 3 years playing 1080P on maybe high settings with 45+ fps.

The gtx 750ti can do GTA v at 90+ fps what u gonna play?

18 hours ago, TITANB said:

The gtx 750ti can do GTA v at 90+ fps what u gonna play?

I plan on playing TERA, Battlefield 4, Fallout 4 (maybe with texture packs), The division,Hitman, Far cry 4/Primal, Dying Light, and maybe Blade and Soul along with Black Desert Online. In 1080p with 45+ fps on maybe high. This is not counting games 2 to 3 years from now, like the new Battlefield being rumored around.

Check this site here... Choose the GPU u wana test And put the ressolution and choose why game u wana compare...

You didn't put a site up, but I'm guessing you mean Game Debate or these forums.

I've purchased the 970 and seasonic. thanks for all the help and information.