Battle: Logitech G602 vs Razer Ouroboros (picture inside)

TheProfosist
Battle: Logitech G602 vs Razer Ouroboros

IMG_6085.jpg

Fight!

Which one will prevail and win the spot to be my main wireless gaming mouse? Only time will tell!

Just going by the photo, the G602 looks a lot more comfortable. Plus its an optical mouse so slightly better sensor too.

I don't see them as direct competitors personally they aren't alike at all other than both being wireless

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

G602 hands down, I've tested both of them in the store and the G602 feels way better for me. Also, I haven't had a Logitech more die on me before.

Just going by the photo, the G602 looks a lot more comfortable. Plus its an optical mouse so slightly better sensor too.

The G602 does feels great but I am quite used to the G700s so the slightly different placed buttons. Also I with there were just ever so slightly more room for you thumb. But once I took time to fit the Oroboros to me it fits in all the right places. They both have a completely different feel in the hand neither bad.

I don't see them as direct competitors personally they aren't alike at all other than both being wireless

Their both brand new wireless gaming mice why shouldnt they face off?

G602 hands down, I've tested both of them in the store and the G602 feels way better for me. Also, I haven't had a Logitech more die on me before.

Well as you can see from the picture I have both right in front of me and would have to agree that sitting your hand on the for the first time the G602 wins hands down but once you get to know the Ouroboros and and adjust it to fit you its quite the contender. I should also not I have had the Ouroboros for almost a week and the G602 just showed up.

I have had logitech's die and be faulty before more than I have with Razer's mice but I own many more so that makes sense.

Just realised I spelled the name of Ouroboros wrong...

Well to me they are apples and oranges since the g602 is made for long use and is really ergonomic and is for right hand use and the ouroboros is an ambidextrous mouse that is very customizable so to me it's like comparing a g400 against a naga (bit of an extreme example) , just my opinion though didn't mean anything bad by it :)

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Ouroborus is almost like a year old...

Ouroborus is almost like a year old...

Not the north american one it just launched and it is quite different from the one linus reviewed 8 months ago give or take.

G602 because of its battery life and their gaming software is great and easy to use imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well to me they are apples and oranges since the g602 is made for long use and is really ergonomic and is for right hand use and the ouroboros is an ambidextrous mouse that is very customizable so to me it's like comparing a g400 against a naga (bit of an extreme example) , just my opinion though didn't mean anything bad by it :)

I didnt try to say you did its just that there are so few good wireless gaming mice so you choices are much slimmer than say wired ones where youll have 5+ of a certain style. With wireless you have one or maybe 2 so your going to compare mice that are more different.

G602 because of its battery life and their gaming software is great and easy to use imo.

I more made thing because I had them both sitting here it not about which one I would pick as I have both right here,

I didnt try to say you did its just that there are so few good wireless gaming mice so you choices are much slimmer than say wired ones where youll have 5+ of a certain style. With wireless you have one or maybe 2 so your going to compare mice that are more different.

I more made thing because I had them both sitting here it not about which one I would pick as I have both right here,

Yeah I see your point there I guess if people don't know what features are more important to them it will be a good comparison I just meant if you already know the features you want comparing wont do much good personally I love my g700 since I use it for gaming wired and use all the buttons even though I don't play MMOs and usually play shooters then I just use wireless for when I sit in bed watching movies and tv shows 

Not the north american one it just launched and it is quite different from the one linus reviewed 8 months ago give or take.

are you seriously saying canada isn't part of north america?

are you seriously saying canada isn't part of north america?

No not at all?

Actually it may just be the US launch though why wouldnt it have been there before if it was on sale in canada? I guess maybe it just the re release idk... What I do know is a bunch has changed since Linus and others reviewed it.

Interesting, heres my comparison:

28hfzub.jpg

Since its a mouse, and all mice are the same I won't comment on "performance". But I will say the mamba is more comfortable than the ouroboros. Hopefully i'll get used to it. Another thing to take note against the ouroboros is that its pretty bad quality. The movable parts creak when you squeeze the mouse, and that slow down DPI thing is way to hard to activate. The right and left clicks are also not as light as the mambas.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Objectively, it seems to come down to sensor + buttons vs convenient recharging (Ouroboros can recharge via cable, where the G602 requires battery changes, correct?)

I'd probably recommend the G602 to most people, seeing as the battery life would probably be sufficient for most people. I imagine you'd need to spend a lot of time at the computer for the Ouroboros' recharge convenience to outweigh the G602'2 optimal sensor. Then again, if you adore convenience and play zero FPS/competitive games, the Ouroboros might win out.

Of course, subjective preferences could produce a clear winner, if you significantly prefer the shape of one over the other or something.

Logitech wins, i think the rat 7 beats the ouroboros and the g602 is way better then the rat, the ouroboros isnt very comfortable either.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah I see your point there I guess if people don't know what features are more important to them it will be a good comparison I just meant if you already know the features you want comparing wont do much good personally I love my g700 since I use it for gaming wired and use all the buttons even though I don't play MMOs and usually play shooters then I just use wireless for when I sit in bed watching movies and tv shows 

I love my G700 and G700s as well, though I alway thought they werent completely truly gaming focused and more of the latest revision of the MX revolution. I ust use it wired all the time and have felt no need ever to use it in wired mode and I also use all the buttons even though i havnt played a MMO in years. My thought is why not have my thumb doing something, especially since its the most agile of out fingers.

Interesting, heres my comparison:

28hfzub.jpg

Since its a mouse, and all mice are the same I won't comment on "performance". But I will say the mamba is more comfortable than the ouroboros. Hopefully i'll get used to it. Another thing to take note against the ouroboros is that its pretty bad quality. The movable parts creak when you squeeze the mouse, and that slow down DPI thing is way to hard to activate. The right and left clicks are also not as light as the mambas.

I wouldnt say all mice are the same performance wise but yes there because a point where more performance isnt all that useful. Grabbing my Deathadder 2013 I can definitely see how you can say the mamba would be more comfortable and I actually rate it as the 2nd most comfortable mouse that I own right behind the G700s. But the other thing I must say is that after taking time to adjust the ouroboros to my liking it feels quite comfortable despite its slightly different qrip style that it has with the way I have it setup. I have it on the middle length adjustment, 2 turns down from max height on the palm rest, the finger rest for my pinky and the finger grip for my thumb. I would have prefered the finger rest for my thumb if possible but my thumb was the resting on the side buttons which I hate, it just felt cramped and it was much harder to press in the side with it on. My I ask which ouroboros you have? The reason I ask is at least with mine there are no creaks at all, though when pressing in the side it doesnt make a nice click more of a plastic movin noise it think the switch in there eventually click properly even though it hard to hear. I should mention that I locked the side opposite of what my thumb is on and turned off all those buttons. I also completely agree with the DPI step down or whatever they call it as it was too hard to hold the sides in while its relatively easy to just click them in. Thats why I set the side to DPI cycle which when you have only 2 DPI, which is what I have when gaming, it acts like more of a dpi toggle. I havent compared the clicks before but I just did to the Deathadder 2013 and Naga 2014 and both are lighter considerably. I also think they're quite a bit quicker as well. After looking at them and that razer quotes the same hyper response buttons (at least in right and left click) ,y guess would be that its the design of the buttons not the switches themselves because the Deathadder 2013 and Naga 2014 have their button that are bent and extend from the rest of the shell of the mouse and the ouroboros has what would be an older standard, the same style that older optical microsoft mice had where the button is separate and is on a hinge. Looking at the G602 I believe it suffers from the same thing compared to the 2 razer mice and the G700s.

Objectively, it seems to come down to sensor + buttons vs convenient recharging (Ouroboros can recharge via cable, where the G602 requires battery changes, correct?)

I'd probably recommend the G602 to most people, seeing as the battery life would probably be sufficient for most people. I imagine you'd need to spend a lot of time at the computer for the Ouroboros' recharge convenience to outweigh the G602'2 optimal sensor. Then again, if you adore convenience and play zero FPS/competitive games, the Ouroboros might win out.

Of course, subjective preferences could produce a clear winner, if you significantly prefer the shape of one over the other or something.

Yes the G602 requires batteries but they are of the normal AA Alkaline 1.5v variety not NiMH 1.2v variety. You would be surprised at how many complaints there were about the G700/s that it only took the 1.2v NiMH batteries. The one thing that I dont like about the revisions they made to the ouroboros does actually deal with the battery. I had planned to do what I do with my G700/s's and just swap the battery when it dies then charge it on a proper charger (also use Eneloop XX's) but the new way the palm wrest is attached makes that a no go now. The one thing I am going to try with the G602 is some of those Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries because they last long, are lighter, and are 1.5v as I dont think the G602 will be happy with 1.2v NiMH batteries. I will be contacting logitech about the batteries and a handful of other things shortly.

My problem is when I leave my PC I keep forgetting to put the ouroboros on the charging dock since im used to my G700/s. The main gripe I have with the G602 is that they used the 2500dpi sensor from the G100s. Why didnt they use the 4000dpi one from the G400s? Also why only 500hz polling as they could have done 1000hz just look at the G700/s. I think the reason they did that was for better battery life but you can always lower it which I always did on my G700s for desktop use already. Also if you're wondering all the endurance mode does is lower the polling to 125hz. It might also enable power saving mode the G700/s had but there isnt an option for it so I cant tell. It would also be nice if you could get a predicted battery life like you do on their consumer mice.

As for shape im happy with both, though I think if given a 5 sec grab test is pick the logitech especially since my had is a sucker for their designs. The one thing I would have to say ids that my thumb feels cramped since it touches the bottom side of the side buttons and I dont really have to more to hit those. I would pre that tiny bit more room like on the G700/s.

I actually dont see why you could use either perfectly fine for whatever you wise I have had no troubles.

Logitech wins, i think the rat 7 beats the ouroboros and the g602 is way better then the rat, the ouroboros isnt very comfortable either.

Why compare the RAT 7 when there is the RAT 9 and I personally prefer the ouroboros its far less complex and adjusts just where needed and feels more solid when adjusted to me. There are a few other things I prefer over all as well. Have you used all of them personally for any considerable amount of time the reason I ask is that I was able to adjust the ouroboros to be quite comfortable with a bit of time. I mean I guess it does feel a bit boxy, which doesnt hurt it all that much really. I think that its boxy possibly because its ambidextrous. Also if your wondering I use palm grip.

I love my G700 and G700s as well, though I alway thought they werent completely truly gaming focused and more of the latest revision of the MX revolution. I ust use it wired all the time and have felt no need ever to use it in wired mode and I also use all the buttons even though i havnt played a MMO in years. My thought is why not have my thumb doing something, especially since its the most agile of out fingers.

I wouldnt say all mice are the same performance wise but yes there because a point where more performance isnt all that useful. Grabbing my Deathadder 2013 I can definitely see how you can say the mamba would be more comfortable and I actually rate it as the 2nd most comfortable mouse that I own right behind the G700s. But the other thing I must say is that after taking time to adjust the ouroboros to my liking it feels quite comfortable despite its slightly different qrip style that it has with the way I have it setup. I have it on the middle length adjustment, 2 turns down from max height on the palm rest, the finger rest for my pinky and the finger grip for my thumb. I would have prefered the finger rest for my thumb if possible but my thumb was the resting on the side buttons which I hate, it just felt cramped and it was much harder to press in the side with it on. My I ask which ouroboros you have? The reason I ask is at least with mine there are no creaks at all, though when pressing in the side it doesnt make a nice click more of a plastic movin noise it think the switch in there eventually click properly even though it hard to hear. I should mention that I locked the side opposite of what my thumb is on and turned off all those buttons. I also completely agree with the DPI step down or whatever they call it as it was too hard to hold the sides in while its relatively easy to just click them in. Thats why I set the side to DPI cycle which when you have only 2 DPI, which is what I have when gaming, it acts like more of a dpi toggle. I havent compared the clicks before but I just did to the Deathadder 2013 and Naga 2014 and both are lighter considerably. I also think they're quite a bit quicker as well. After looking at them and that razer quotes the same hyper response buttons (at least in right and left click) ,y guess would be that its the design of the buttons not the switches themselves because the Deathadder 2013 and Naga 2014 have their button that are bent and extend from the rest of the shell of the mouse and the ouroboros has what would be an older standard, the same style that older optical microsoft mice had where the button is separate and is on a hinge. Looking at the G602 I believe it suffers from the same thing compared to the 2 razer mice and the G700s.

Yes the G602 requires batteries but they are of the normal AA Alkaline 1.5v variety not NiMH 1.2v variety. You would be surprised at how many complaints there were about the G700/s that it only took the 1.2v NiMH batteries. The one thing that I dont like about the revisions they made to the ouroboros does actually deal with the battery. I had planned to do what I do with my G700/s's and just swap the battery when it dies then charge it on a proper charger (also use Eneloop XX's) but the new way the palm wrest is attached makes that a no go now. The one thing I am going to try with the G602 is some of those Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries because they last long, are lighter, and are 1.5v as I dont think the G602 will be happy with 1.2v NiMH batteries. I will be contacting logitech about the batteries and a handful of other things shortly.

My problem is when I leave my PC I keep forgetting to put the ouroboros on the charging dock since im used to my G700/s. The main gripe I have with the G602 is that they used the 2500dpi sensor from the G100s. Why didnt they use the 4000dpi one from the G400s? Also why only 500hz polling as they could have done 1000hz just look at the G700/s. I think the reason they did that was for better battery life but you can always lower it which I always did on my G700s for desktop use already. Also if you're wondering all the endurance mode does is lower the polling to 125hz. It might also enable power saving mode the G700/s had but there isnt an option for it so I cant tell. It would also be nice if you could get a predicted battery life like you do on their consumer mice.

As for shape im happy with both, though I think if given a 5 sec grab test is pick the logitech especially since my had is a sucker for their designs. The one thing I would have to say ids that my thumb feels cramped since it touches the bottom side of the side buttons and I dont really have to more to hit those. I would pre that tiny bit more room like on the G700/s.

I actually dont see why you could use either perfectly fine for whatever you wise I have had no troubles.

Why compare the RAT 7 when there is the RAT 9 and I personally prefer the ouroboros its far less complex and adjusts just where needed and feels more solid when adjusted to me. There are a few other things I prefer over all as well. Have you used all of them personally for any considerable amount of time the reason I ask is that I was able to adjust the ouroboros to be quite comfortable with a bit of time. I mean I guess it does feel a bit boxy, which doesnt hurt it all that much really. I think that its boxy possibly because its ambidextrous. Also if your wondering I use palm grip.

Each to their own. the rat 7 and 9 are the same with a different of one being wireless. Anyways its fine to disagree with me. In the end everyone had their own opinions. I would take the g602 anyday. There are some great customizing features in the RAT in my opinion and also the Ouroboros however all i do is add a pinky rest and say goodbye to everything else as i never touch it. When my rat breaks im either getting a g600 or a g602. I would really like more then two buttons now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

No not at all?

Actually it may just be the US launch though why wouldnt it have been there before if it was on sale in canada? I guess maybe it just the re release idk... What I do know is a bunch has changed since Linus and others reviewed it.

can you go into more detail about the changes?

can you go into more detail about the changes?

Main difference is the sensor and how the palm rest attaches.