EA will donate 80% of SimCity DLC sales to the Red Cross

Lolo

EA will donate 80% of SimCity DLC sales to the Red Cross

EA is donating a lot lately so nice of them

http://pcgmedia.com/ea-will-donate-80-simcity-dlc-sales-red-cross/

| Cooler Master HAF-X | Asus P9X79 Deluxe | Intel 3820 @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair i100 | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC w/ ACX | 16Gb (4x4) 1600Mhz Corsair LP | Corsair GT 240GB x2 | 4Gb Western Digital Black Caviar | Asus Xonar DGX | Windows 8 64-bit |

< Razer DeathAdder 2013, Razer Kraken 7.1, Corsair Vengence K95, Corsair MM400,  BENQ XL2420T>

Youbetter EA!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

EA are being very generous lately, good to see.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Damn i love when big companys donate to charities. I mean first aids research then humble bundle and then this? Ea is awesome!

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Pitty the red cross will get hardly any money from this.

Who on earth is going to buy sim city dlc....cmon

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Soooooooo... Be prepared for their next d*ck move in a couple of days... Why can't you just be like this all the time EA, instead of giving us all these mixed messages???

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Pitty the red cross will get hardly any money from this. Who on earth is going to buy sim city dlc....cmon

Who on earth bought it in the first place

Damn i love when big companys donate to charities. I mean first aids research then humble bundle and then this? Ea is awesome!

Ehh... Well good to see their marketing strategy seems to be working... I suppose.

Yea, I'm still not buying Simcity until they make it offline and .... yea I'm still not buying any EA products. I bought the EA humble bundle because it was all going to charity... although I am aware that they are able to claim that against tax most likely which makes me feel dirty but no avoiding that one at this stage

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Ehh... Well good to see their marketing strategy seems to be working... I suppose.

Yea, I'm still not buying Simcity until they make it offline and .... yea I'm still not buying any EA products. I bought the EA humble bundle because it was all going to charity... although I am aware that they are able to claim that against tax most likely which makes me feel dirty but no avoiding that one at this stage

Whether they do it for marketing or not, money still goes to charity, and that is what matters. I mean its a win win right?

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

EA and bloodsucking...coincidence or strangely fitting?

Whether they do it for marketing or not, money still goes to charity, and that is what matters. I mean its a win win right?

If it was an indie company or some other company like CCP with ethics maybe a win win but personally I think its a loose win. EA have started all this due to its public image and they are worried that this image is affecting sales so they run some charity stuff to try and repair that image. Do they have a history of large charity donations and allowing some profits to go to charity? not to my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong someone please) which to me it just says that once they feel that their image has been saves or changes sufficiently they will go back to their old tactics until a "change" is needed again. But in reality nothing is changing, nothing permanent any way, and they are learning nothing so at the end of the day EA will keep treating their customers like morons and keep pulling the multitude of stunts that they do all the time

But hey, EA, prove me wrong, please do

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Strong in young anti-EA padawans the appeal to motive fallacy is.

Right can not EA do.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

why dont they donate ALL of there sales to charities from now on :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

If it was an indie company or some other company like CCP with ethics maybe a win win but personally I think its a loose win. EA have started all this due to its public image and they are worried that this image is affecting sales so they run some charity stuff to try and repair that image. Do they have a history of large charity donations and allowing some profits to go to charity? not to my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong someone please) which to me it just says that once they feel that their image has been saves or changes sufficiently they will go back to their old tactics until a "change" is needed again. But in reality nothing is changing, nothing permanent any way, and they are learning nothing so at the end of the day EA will keep treating their customers like morons and keep pulling the multitude of stunts that they do all the time

But hey, EA, prove me wrong, please do

So you are basically saying something with no proof and then telling EA that it is their job to prove you wrong.

The burden of proof lies within the accuser.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

why dont they donate ALL of there sales to charities from now on :|

LOL I LOVE IT!

You guys are going crazy over this.

They do not owe it to anyone to donate a damned thing. They donate 80% and your argument is that they are not donating enough.

LOL

So you are basically saying something with no proof and then telling EA that it is their job to prove you wrong.

The burden of proof lies within the accuser.

Do you work for EA? Cause if you do you are on the wrong forum :P

LOL I LOVE IT!

You guys are going crazy over this.

They do not owe it to anyone to donate a damned thing. They donate 80% and your argument is that they are not donating enough.

LOL

i never said that.. but given how massively they have fucked up in the past they need a long stream of good publicity from there target audience..

i my self dont hate EA, i respect them and everthing they do, i do hate it when they force there Sub-studios to release games which ar'nt complete yet.

i never said that.. but given how massively they have fucked up in the past they need a long stream of good publicity from there target audience..

i my self dont hate EA, i respect them and everthing they do, i do hate it when they force there Sub-studios to release games which ar'nt complete yet.

oh ok so you aren't saying that they are a bad company because they only donate 80%, you are saying that they should give more to make up for their history of failure. Which seems reasonable considering that I had to return SimCity because of the DRM.

It's just that so many anti-EA people are on here making very bad cases against EA and using horrible arguments.

Donating to charity is nice but come on EA... The "let's donate to charity" trick to get people to like you only goes a certain length. Why not do something good other than giving money to charity? I mean it's a nice thing to do (even if it's to avoid taxes) but you should try doing something good for your customers instead/as well.

You can't just continue to shit on your customers with crap like always-online DRM and then think you will be forgiven by giving away money to charity.

To me this screams of:

Oh crap people hate us. We have to do something to make our reputation better.

How about making a Humble Bundle?

Great idea!

[time passes]

Crap, people still don't like us that much, what are we going to do?

Give away more money to charity!

[time passes]

People still don't like us that much. Anyone got any suggestions?

Give away money to charity!

Why not try to fix the things that made people hate you instead of giving away money?

oh ok so you aren't saying that they are a bad company because they only donate 80%, you are saying that they should give more to make up for their history of failure. Which seems reasonable considering that I had to return SimCity because of the DRM.

again, never said anything about donating more... if they Donate about 3/5% of there profits to charity/kickstarting smaller studios they would be the most amazing publisher on the planet

If EA's bad reputation with gamers is a result of their business practices regarding unnecessary always on-line, apprehension and then ruin of smaller developers, pumping out crappy games due to an imposed yearly release cycle (e.g. Need for Speed ) etc (I am not an expert on their list of "sins")  then what does giving money to charity have to do with any of that. 

It is a nice thing to do but it is not suitable repentance for the list of wrongs they have to their name. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

again, never said anything about donating more... if they Donate about 3/5% of there profits to charity/kickstarting smaller studios they would be the most amazing publisher on the planet

That is an amazing idea, can you imagine if someone like CCP or Bethesda decided to donate 0.01% of profits to indie kickstarter projects that their community voted for ... incredible. And what a boost to the gaming community that would be

Still...where's the money? The article says "80% of proceeds from the sales". Does this mean "revenue" or "profits"? Because the latter is much less than the former, and doesn't cut into EA's bottom line.

Look, it is great that the Red Cross is getting a donation. They do fantastic work and deserve every penny they get. My parents donate money to them every year and I would if I had any to spare. I just can't see past the PR stunt, designed to make EA seem more "human". And that cynicism is based on EA's previous conduct. They'll need to do a hell of a lot more to convince me to give them money.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II