EA will donate 80% of SimCity DLC sales to the Red Cross

Lolo

Donating to charity is nice but come on EA... The "let's donate to charity" trick to get people to like you only goes a certain length. Why not do something good other than giving money to charity? I mean it's a nice thing to do (even if it's to avoid taxes) but you should try doing something good for your customers instead/as well.

You can't just continue to shit on your customers with crap like always-online DRM and then think you will be forgiven by giving away money to charity.

To me this screams of:

Why not try to fix the things that made people hate you instead of giving away money?

Because people fall for it?

If it was an indie company or some other company like CCP with ethics maybe a win win but personally I think its a loose win. EA have started all this due to its public image and they are worried that this image is affecting sales so they run some charity stuff to try and repair that image. Do they have a history of large charity donations and allowing some profits to go to charity? not to my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong someone please) which to me it just says that once they feel that their image has been saves or changes sufficiently they will go back to their old tactics until a "change" is needed again. But in reality nothing is changing, nothing permanent any way, and they are learning nothing so at the end of the day EA will keep treating their customers like morons and keep pulling the multitude of stunts that they do all the time

But hey, EA, prove me wrong, please do

Of course they are doing this for marketing, but no matter what, money still went to aids research, to cancer reasearch, to watsi, to red cross and to other great charities. Whether or not they threat their costumers as morons or not, money still went to charities, and that is what matters.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Pitty the red cross will get hardly any money from this. Who on earth is going to buy sim city dlc....cmon

i bought all the dlc so far and definitely going to continue now i know this.