My Opinion on Rockstar. What's yours?

Culligan Man

My Opinion on Rockstar. For the record. I am not mad nor angry. I'm writing this while sipping a Caprisun, watching my friend play GTA V. Id also like your opinion as a PC Gamer.

Grand Theft Auto V. Even if it comes out for PC i'm not going to buy it. You can rant and rave all you want, but at the end of the day when it comes to companies you need to speak with your wallet. As a PC gamer i'm tired of rockstars bs. No Red Dead Redemption, Trash port of  GTA 4, and plus we don't even know if it will ever come out for PC. They treat us like second rate customers when we should be the ones they cater to the most. PC gamers will go far more out of their way to help a good company than a console gamer would. Kickstarter is a prime example of that, plus the whole torrenting thing is bs. There are copies of GTA 5 for PS3 and Xbox 360 on multiple torrent sites already, and i'm glad there is. Hopefully it sends a message to Rockstar. Companies lose more money from people buying used games than they do from torrenting so it shouldn't even be relevant. Many strictly PC developers have talked about torrenting and many have agreed that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I don't support companies/corporations that make devout customers, suffer. But it's all about the money. I'm sure they would have it for PC right now, if they though it was worth the investment to do so. This is where you need to take a stand if you want it to change. Well, any time soon, anyway. I'm sure I will play it some at my friend's house, but they aren't getting my nickel. I'm also wondering if Rockstar has any idea how many people have computers in their house, opposed to $400 console systems. I don't see where this makes any sense at all. I don't feel that we should allow companies to treat PC Gamers like trash. The most famous one would have to be from dean hall when he said.

"Rockstar is full of it and isn't getting a dime from me ever. They've permanently lost a customer, GTA 5 is what put the final nail in their coffin for me." - Dean Hall

As always. Thanks for reading and have a Good Day.

I've never liked any of the GTA / red dead / assassin creed style of games.. Skyrim is awesome tho... Does my opinion count if no one listens? I give Rockstar and GTA V a "meh out of 10".. Also I've not played it and don't plan to.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I kinda agree with you, but I still think their games are great, but you are right in some way, and what did you mean with the Dean Hall part? were you saying he's good or bad?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

If you really want to spite them you could torrent the game all day and just delete them as they finish. Also whats the quote from?

I don't really care all that much for either Rockstar or GTA:V. I've spend quite some time in multiple Rockstar games(on both PC and consoles). But I'm not willing to buy their games at full retail price for a system with (often) a lesser experience than PC. Rockstar is treating PC users like crap in my opinion. I wish they would choose quality over quantity and at least give PC gamers a demo of some sort to sugar the mood. I wish developers and publishers would up the quality for PC and port to console instead of the other way around as we often see.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Okay so saying they should cater to us pc gamers more is where you lost me completely as that just comes off as you feel like us pc gamers are entitled to more than console gamers which is not true at all and is both ignorant and arrogant.

That being said I do feel like they don't care too much for pc but I will still buy it as soon as it comes out on pc as they make great games and I love GTA

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Okay so saying they should cater to us pc gamers more is where you lost me completely as that just comes off as you feel like us pc gamers are entitled to more than console gamers which is not true at all and is both ignorant and arrogant.

That being said I do feel like they don't care too much for pc but I will still buy it as soon as it comes out on pc as they make great games and I love GTA

You misunderstood me. I'm saying that because PC hardware is better than console. That you cant disagree with. and It's better for everyone in the long haul for them to ported from PC to console instead of the other way around.

If you really want to spite them you could torrent the game all day and just delete them as they finish. Also whats the quote from?

The quote is from Dean Hall.

They been doing it for past few years. First consoles and then PC's. IV was a bad port, but mainly to Rockstars new RAGE engine and not bad work overall. Their work with Microsh*t was a bad idea ill admit.

Plus dudes - Rockstar makes the games and Take2 calls all the shots here. They generate big money how they both work with each other and someones "rant:30" wont change it. They always could say "f*ck you PC gamers" and stop making games for a PC. Look at Max Payne 3 which is on same RAGE engine - it works splendid. Why? Because they update the engine to work properly. They dont buy licence for Havok or any other engine, but built their own.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Agreed with OP.Also pirate copy can be found on both console and pc,the one who think pc torrenting is destroying gaming is moron. Still remember 4years ago when microsoft banned about a million consoles. Not to mention 90million console sales-from that only 40millions are on psn/xbox live.High chance other are modded

They've released on console first so people only have that option. It's harder to pirate on consoles and they'll get some PC gamers that can't wait for the PC release to buy it twice. With the amount they've spent on GTA 5 I don't think they'll allow it to be some dodgy port for PC.

Also, Red Dead was done by RS San Diego which lasts PC release was 7 years before Read Dead. They're essentially a different studio that's been bought out buy RS so it's pretty understandable.

It's harder to pirate on consoles and they'll get some PC gamers that can't wait for the PC release to buy it twice.

Judging from GTA 5's download statistics its not difficult at all, the number of downloads is roughly the same as for AAA PC games.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Agreed with OP.Also pirate copy can be found on both console and pc,the one who think pc torrenting is destroying gaming is moron. Still remember 4years ago when microsoft banned about a million consoles.

Pirate copies come from PC's even those for Xc*ck 360 and PSh*tter 3. Also all those games are made on PCs. Without PCs console "gamers" would have nothing.

About the history of the game - III, Vice City and San Andreas are all on same engine which was developed with time. Same here with IV and now V. GTA IV didnt gave you swimming underwater, convertibles with animations to it.

I still support R* and Take2 interactive with their GTA series.

Ministry of StopIt!

I think the same about microsoft because they didnt release halo on pc except crappy ports of halo 1 and 2. I have never been into GTA, except the psp games to pass time, but I was shocked they didnt release GTA V to the pc... 

Pirate copies come from PC's even those for Xc*ck 360 and PSh*tter 3. Also all those games are made on PCs. Without PCs console "gamers" would have nothing.

About the history of the game - III, Vice City and San Andreas are all on same engine which was developed with time. Same here with IV and now V. GTA IV didnt gave you swimming underwater, convertibles with animations to it.

I still support R* and Take2 interactive with their GTA series.

Just saying pirate copies can be found on console as often as on pc. It's just myth that console never pirate their games.Many player have modded console and never go online.It's just like with "hackers" on pc gaming.But in reality -too much hackusation ,little real hacks 

I think the same about microsoft because they didnt release halo on pc except crappy ports of halo 1 and 2. I have never been into GTA, except the psp games to pass time, but I was shocked they didnt release GTA V to the pc...

Yes but unlike Halo GTA started on PC and them leaving a platform is a lot worse then halo not expanding to another platform IMO.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Yeah I had the same plan as yourself, but I think I'm gonna cave in to be honest.

The game is pretty damn amazing, will definitely look a lot better on the PC, there's lots of aliasing going on and things like the map take ages to load, but it still looks stunning for an 8 year old piece of hardware.

It took me 2 years to purchase GTA IV but it was crap, you could tell that they spent all that time just developing that new engine and put the content to the side. GTA V is like San Andreas again, brings back some good memories...

So I'm sorry folks I'm going back over to the dark side for a bit, my Xbox needed a new laser which made it a bit easier to hold off but I ended up ordering one last night, so I'll probably be getting it as soon as it arrives.

I feel dirty :(  

Judging from GTA 5's download statistics its not difficult at all, the number of downloads is roughly the same as for AAA PC games.

Yeah true, but I thought you needed a modded console to get pirated games working, which is what I meant by 'harder'. Maybe I should of said 'not as accessible'.

I've got access to a copy my brother bought but I still think I'll wait it out til the PC release. Not in any rush, I doubt I'll have finished all my Summer sale purchases before it's released anyway.

Just saying pirate copies can be found on console as often as on pc. It's just myth that console never pirate their games.Many player have modded console and never go online.It's just like with "hackers" on pc gaming.But in reality -too much hackusation ,little real hacks 

Yeah, but like i said. Xboxsh*tters and PS3tards look at statistics and see that PC piracy is bigger. It is because people download pirated copies for consoles on PC...

Ministry of StopIt!

Yes but unlike Halo GTA started on PC and them leaving a platform is a lot worse then halo not expanding to another platform IMO.

yeah youre right... but i still want a proper halo game for pc :P

Who cares, it's GTA. GTA is a killer game. Ill buy it no matter what. If it isn't coming to pc then ill get it for my Xbox.

I don't like how you imply pc gamers have to be catered to first. Rock star has always built the games for consoles first. It's how they operate.

Rock star has always built the games for consoles first. It's how they operate.

And everyone else for the most part. They're all a business first, game dev next.

And everyone else for the most part. They're all a business first, game dev next.

I don't believe that, I just think rock star enjoys working on the console platform mainly because they can focus on the world, sorry and other stuff and not have to worry how well the games going to run on certain hardware.

I don't believe that, I just think rock star enjoys working on the console platform mainly because they can focus on the world, sorry and other stuff and not have to worry how well the games going to run on certain hardware.

Games are made on PC's not consoles. If your going to bake a cake you don't make it the size of the plate your going to eat it on, you make what ever size then you cut it down to fit on the plate.

Asside from the GTA IV port, they really haven't done anything to annoy me. I'm dissapointed that GTA V didn't come out on PC at the same time as consoles, but I'm still going to buy it. Also, RDR was a pile of shit anyway, so I couldn't care less about that game coming to the PC or not.

It's not gonna come out on linux, not interrested (Only a bit, but I still won't support it).

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.