Shared Memory

ZeusXI

i have a GTX 750 TI with 2GB of GDDR5 Ram. I also have 16GB of ram. Would it be possible, and also worth it, to share maybe 1 or 2GB or the system ram with the Graphics card to help textures in games? I notice my GPU runs a 100% Ram usage when playing some games even when most the textures are turned off. If not, would a 4GB card be a better upgraded?

Most games do this automatically after they run out of VRAM. The issue is that system ram is much slower than integrated VRAM, causing stutter, and generally making for a poor gameplay experience. A 4GB card is a much better investment. I noticed a definite elimination of stutter in GTAV coming from a 2GB 960 to a 4GB 290X.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

4GB of VRam is a need nowadays, and games will leverage your system ram by default when you run out of it on the Graphics card, but it's Too far and too slow compared to the VRam sutured right next to the GPU.

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |