will dualbooting affect sytem preformance?

Go to solution Solved by technovore,

It will only take up some hard drive space, but as long as you only run one at a time your current OS will not affect the other.

However your system may boot up a bit slower because you might have a boot manager that starts up first. but after your OS has booted that doesn't matter anymore.

does anybody know if i dualboot (or multiboot) windows7 / osx and or linux if this will affect the system preformance once in the os self? i'm considering to do this on my laptop to be able to program in xcode and still use my CAD programs in windows 7. currently i am running osx in a virtual machine but this makes the whole process a bit sluggish and annoying to set up.

No.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it's essentially running two separate computers on the same hardware, so yes, unless you use one at a time then it's what he said ^

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

It will only take up some hard drive space, but as long as you only run one at a time your current OS will not affect the other.

However your system may boot up a bit slower because you might have a boot manager that starts up first. but after your OS has booted that doesn't matter anymore.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!