"After Mass Shooting, Fox News Host Suggests Gamers Should Be Monitored"

TopWargamer

just to piss em off, should make a counter argument, that all these people that do the shootings are doing it because some form of woman in their life, and thus making women responsible for all these crazy men (not saying it is) but its using the same logic that they have to ""prove" video games are the cause

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

just to piss em off, should make a counter argument, that all these people that do the shootings are doing it because some form of woman in their life, and thus making women responsible for all these crazy men (not saying it is) but its using the same logic that they have to ""prove" video games are the cause

No, you'll be called anti-feminist.

By I think it's because of the media, that we have violence. They always talk about these stories.. it influences our children.. it makes them think it's normal to do these things, possible even a requirement.

The reality of things, the reason why Media are pushing this, is simply because it attract viewership and clicks.

That is why we don't say "journalists say that view games causes crime", but rather, "the media", because the journalists is simply pushed to write this crap.

Yeah just monitor all gamers. After that monitor everyone that watches tv, movies or read books.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

People who work for Fox News, in any capacity shape or form, should be monitored. Frankly, I find it disgusting that USA allows that horrible journalism-butchering piece of shit company exist without massive repercussions. Shows how far behind the US is to the rest of the world every day.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I thought the guy was an ex marine with mental issues,ptsd, with reports of abuse of firearms already, so no idea how fox spins this to a games thing, guess they need ratings i guess.

How Playing GTA5 Affects Your Brain - DNews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWwVe8PQHm4

Most studies i have read on the topic usually doesn't account for the anger subjects feel if they die a lot or lose..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Recent video on the topic. I'm not going to look for Bullshit's and TotalBiscuit's videos on video games causing violence.

Also I wonder how long until the media realizes that they are the problem. Its because they present these idiots as super anti-heros that did something super clever and incredibly well instead of just discribing them as some idiot that had a distrubed mind. If they presented them that way instead of what they currently do people wouldn't do such horrible things, there would be no benefit since nobody wants to be known as a disturbed idiot. Its simply a matter of whether the benefits out wiegh the negative consenquences.

It's Fox News.

enough-said_o_498253.jpg

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Maybe we should monitor lies and deliberately misleading statements spouted by mouthpieces of political parties. After all, are they not a leading source of mass hysteria? The anti-Iraq propaganda sent NATO troops to topple Saddam, where REAL PEOPLE got shot and blown up.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

How Playing GTA5 Affects Your Brain - DNews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWwVe8PQHm4

Most studies i have read on the topic usually doesn't account for the anger subjects feel if they die a lot or lose..

There is more anger when somebody goes broke in Monopoly. Not to mention when somebody lands on the big snake in Snakes and Ladders, or loses all their troops in Risk. Maybe we should monitor board games too.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Lets just make excuses to monitor police because they carry guns then.That wont do anything.U never hear them blame the manufacturer tho because it might cut into someones money.

The fact is that the media think that the public is too stupid to think for itself.  They, the media, find it easier to find a scapegoat than to research the facts.  It's about getting a sensational story out there before everyone else regardless of the facts.  Plain and simple.

Laws only govern the honest.

Food for thought: every generation has a clash. Younger generation brings in the new, the old gets grumpy and starts pointing fingers and assuming and thinks they know best. Its a part of human nature really, to clash with others.

On a personal note, I honestly feel books have more "power" over you than a video game does, as far as influencing your actions and decisions goes. I have read and read (lol) quite a lot of material, and I can truthfully say that I have never, ever felt the same strong and powerful emotions a book can bring out of you from playing a video game. It just isn't there for me. Books on the other hand, are WRITTEN TO MAKE YOU THINK AND FEEL.

sysloc

and those girls who dance to that swing music, and the men who drive them in their cars. You know those girls wear the red lipstick right?

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

kotaku gives fox news or cnn or msnbc to much credit every time the report what some political pundit says, these guys,meaning fox, have no idea about what they are talking about and naturally point at something thats a cheap and easy scapegoat.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Games shoud be banned! They make people go crazy! Fox News, Hilary Clinton and Jack Thompson FTW!

Learn to play Monopoly or Scrabble...

[Another shooting occured]

[Media blame Monopoly]

[Monopoly and Scrabble banned in US]

[Yet another shooting]

[Media thinking who to blame this time due to video games and board games already banned]

Because of sh*t like this is dont have a TV nor a radio or read newspaper. Soon after buying a game at gamestop or other place youd have to sign a paper that you will be added to "possible threat" list and if any mass shooting occur in your neighbourhood FBI is allowed to raid your home.

I feel sorry for you guys out there in US.

well after the other shooting they wont blame the banned games, they will blame piracy that allowed people to access to does games....... *soupir*

So they want to monitor me playing little big planet with my cousin to make sure video games don't make me violent?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)