Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit keys on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

war4sure

So, I was planning to utilize an i5 6600K for my next build,which means I had to leave my current OS(W7) and upgrade to to W10(since Microsoft says they ending support for W7 soon). Since I still had my product key I was inclined to reinstall W7 just for the sake to be upgraded immediately to W10.But I've been hearing that you can activate W10 using your W7 keys. So does this true or just a hoax?

yes you can directly activate windows 10 with a 7/8/8.1 key

since you have ultimate, you need to install the windows 10 pro ISO

how to install it:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

yes you can directly activate windows 10 with a 7/8/8.1 key

since you have ultimate, you need to install the windows 10 pro ISO

how to install it:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Thanks for clarifying this. I don't have the budget for an OS so I was worried much about this

13 minutes ago, war4sure said:

Thanks for clarifying this. I don't have the budget for an OS so I was worried much about this

free upgrade until july 29 :)

its also possible to just download windows 10 and use it unactivated, that costs $0

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just going OT a bit,does ProduKey a really good way to recover your keys?(because that's how I find my W7 keys anyway)