is the Samsung S7 edge good?

DND

Are they still any good in 2020? I'm looking to buy used as my iPhone SE has sustained water damage. I've been thinking of switching to Android for a while.

Nope. NEVER buy 4 year old phones, unless you know exactly what you're getting.

That's now 4 years later, they sit at Android 8.1 (Android 10 is latest, Android 11 coming in August~), and in December~ they got their last Security Patch. One of the last ones.

Almost 4 years security updates is a very good number, not even Google provides that much.

Still: You would be buying a "dead horse". kinda. They still work okay, but the fingerprint is one of the worst you can find, and there won't be any more updates. And an older OS.

Depending on how much you want to spend, take at least a 2019ish Midrange phone. Perfectly fine for basic stuff and some more, but still get updates

Samsung A51 for example is a good bet.

Most of Xiaomi's Lineup, or some Realme.

If you want to buy used, you can look into Flaggships from 2018 minimum. Oneplus 6/6t, Xiaomi Mi 8, etc. They should go for a solid Price.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:17 AM, Ousioner said:

Are they still any good in 2020? I'm looking to buy used as my iPhone SE has sustained water damage. I've been thinking of switching to Android for a while.

God no. It’s been dead in terms of updates for over a year. Would go for a midrange android, the new SE or a used iPhone XR

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?