I just got an xbox 360, What games are worth getting?

fallingpizza11

My parents got my one for christmas and i was wondering if there are any outstanding games that are a must for the console? (From a store or the xbox download service thingy)

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD

I really liked Red Read Redemption, which unfortunately is a console exclusive, but since you have an xbox you can definitely try it.

Trials Evoltuion is a great game if you are into those kind of games ( what genre would that be called?)

Halo 4 is fun but not as good as Halo2/3, it is better than Reach.

The halo series (especially ODST and halo 3), Forza 4, Read Dead Redemption (and the Undead Nightmare DLC) and The Gears of War series are the main ones I can think of right now, however there may be more.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

There are a lot of people playing halo 4 right now (more than are playing halo 3) so i would say halo 4 is my favorite game on Xbox atm. If you can find halo 3 for cheap i would defiantly pick it up even if just for the campaign, it was amazing, but i wouldn't expect to have to much fun on the multiplayer with ~300 people in each playlist . Minecraft is a great game, but i personally believe that it is better played on the computer.

I would recommend that you get fallout 3, halo 4, assassin's Creed, portal or need for Speed most wanted. They're some of the best games on the console

I would recommend Dark Souls. If you are not looking for a hardcore RPG, then it would probably not be worth your money, but it is a great game that has a ton of replay ability.

Thanks guys! I was looking more for exclusives because i have a PC but many of these are very good suggestions, Thank you.

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD

I heard Fez was a really good game if you're into puzzle platformers. Just check out XBLA in general since a lot of Xbox games are on PC anyways.

La`~

Personally I just use my 360 for Forza 4 and NHL13.
Im not really into sports games but i might look into forza

I'm going to assume you are talking about exclusives only. Halo series, Halo Wars also, Asura's Wrath (download the demo for free see if you like it, if you like anime/Dragon Ball Z esque stuff, it's awesome, great story). Red Dead Redemption, I'm going to assume GTA V will be good when its out. Crackdown is fun / worth a shot if you can get it cheap. Dead or Alive and Soul Caliber Series, Devil May Cry series, Enchanted Arms/Lost Odyssey if you like JRPGs, GUN, Ninja Gaiden. That's about it, (off the top of my head) all really really good games in my opinion though.

I forgot about Dragon's Dogma and Lollipop Chainsaw.
Lolipop chainsaw is a terrible game ಠ_ಠ

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Fallout Series

Grand Theft Auto V

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

Halo 4, Gears of War 3, and Red Dead Redemption. The Xbox Live online store has many great arcade games that are fun to play.

Forza horizon is the best racing game out of the forza series of games

I'm going to assume you are talking about exclusives only. Halo series, Halo Wars also, Asura's Wrath (download the demo for free see if you like it, if you like anime/Dragon Ball Z esque stuff, it's awesome, great story). Red Dead Redemption, I'm going to assume GTA V will be good when its out. Crackdown is fun / worth a shot if you can get it cheap. Dead or Alive and Soul Caliber Series, Devil May Cry series, Enchanted Arms/Lost Odyssey if you like JRPGs, GUN, Ninja Gaiden. That's about it, (off the top of my head) all really really good games in my opinion though.
Don't forget Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Series for anime.

Forza horizon is the best racing game out of the forza series of games
I second that. But IMO Forza 2 was best.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

-Halo

-Gears of War

-Forza(decent racing game, not superb)

-Fallout(it's also on PC)

Pretty much it for me.

Red Dead, Forza, Halo, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Fez, Shadow Complex, Trials HD/Evolution, Vanquish, Gears of War, Bioshock (Console version was better), Dead Space 1 (the pc version was bad), Blue Dragon, Fighting Games, Fifa, Splinter Cell Conviction, Metal Gear Solid HD collection, maybe Fable, Dark Souls, Mirror's Edge, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden II, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Devil May Cry, Tales of Vesperia, Perfect Dark remake, Banjo Kazooie

Well I was gonna suggest skyrim, but for exclusives I would have to say red dead redemption. Its a sequel, but I believe it did pretty well summing things up from the first one (never played that one, so not entirely sure lol). I like playing halo 4 campaign, but I just normally rent it, because I don't like the multiplayer. Assassins creed series, I know its not exclusive, but I think they make terrible ports. I second dragon dogma and I believe that is it or all I can think of right now.

Halo series, grab 4 if you're going for the Gold membership. The Gears of War series is pretty good, I think that started on the PC but they didn't finish it (like Halo :( ). I really enjoyed the Star Wars Force Unleashed series but I cannot remember if that's on the PC or it never seems to be on a Steam sale. Ninja Gaiden is also a great shout. Everything else I can think of is on the PC therefore it's usually better.

Sonic, Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe are also available if you like classics...

Throw that xbox in the trashbin, and get a decent gaming pc :D