I just got an xbox 360, What games are worth getting?

fallingpizza11

Halo Reach was pretty good, and Forza Horizon is alright.

To be brutally honest, there aren't many exclusives for the Xbox that I can suggest outside of the Halo franchise. Microsoft (irritatingly) have rested on their laurels in the last few years, refusing to invest in new exclusive IPs or franchises.

My top 5 Xbox exclusives would be...

1) Halo 3. Classic game, simply brilliant campaign (in particular, the last level is unparalleled fun with 4 player co-op!), fun yet brilliantly competitive multiplayer and a brilliantly varied sandbox to play with / in.

2) Halo 3: ODST. Extremely atmospheric campaign, Nathan Fillion, Firefight, Nathan Fillion, exquisite soundtrack and... hey, did I mention Nathan Fillion is in it?!

3) Forza Motorsport 4. Decent collection of cars, competent gameplay and physics, good areas to drive around and pretty decent multiplayer components. Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 is better though.

4) Halo Reach. Somewhat decent campaign (excellent gameplay-wise, at least), decent and engaging multiplayer offerings, excellent Forge mode for editing and creating your own maps and an enjoyable Firefight mode to fight AI opponents either cooperatively or by yourself.

5) Halo 4. Somewhat entertaining Spartan Ops, passable multiplayer. Best thing about Halo 4 is the campaign's story and heavy focus on the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana. If you're looking for engaging gameplay and fun engagements like those found in the previous games though, Halo 4 won't cut it.

I suppose there is always Gears of War too, but ehh.

Short of it is, the Xbox's strongest exclusives are definitely the Halo franchise. Other than that there really isn't much for me to recommend, sorry!

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

• 2 weeks later...

Literally all of the Halo and Gears games. That's really about it. Everything else you can get on your PC from Steam for dirt cheap.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)