The name of Yify founder released

Hollywood sources tracked down the founder of YIFY and filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit in New Zealand.  But surprisingly the case was never heard in court.

Instead, both parties agreed to a private settlement outside of court, keeping the identity of one of YIFY’s key players out of the public eye. However, this didn’t last long when they realised his name. He seemed to have taken his first three and last initials of his name. He's called "Yiftach Swery".

Read the full story at: https://torrentfreak.com/after-half-a-decade-we-now-know-what-yify-stands-for-160319/

Poor YIFY, such a great source for bluray rips.

10 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

I know. So sad :(

The funny thing is he could probably very easily crowd source funds for an excellent legal team because people would be willing to support him for doing his work. 

3 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

The funny thing is he could probably very easily crowd source funds for an excellent legal team because people would be willing to support him for doing his work. 

I think it's wrong to torrent, so I wouldn't support. However... I do torrent block buster movies a lot... sooooo im a hypocrite here.

Well that sucks. But it also doesn't look like he will be getting any real jail time. The fact that they said he is just going to return to a normal life shows that mabey the settlement was not that large.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

This topic doesn't meet the posting guidelines and advocating or admitting to piracy in against the forum rules.

This topic is doomed I tells ya, doomed :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

This topic doesn't meet the posting guidelines and advocating or admitting to piracy in against the forum rules.

This topic is doomed I tells ya, doomed :P

That's okay. It's my first news topic so I don't mind.

He will live on, his followers are legion.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

5 hours ago, Matu20 said:

I never like those rips too low of a bitrate, the video quality was very low in those rips. I always avoided yify when I use to torrent. they are nice and small but when I wanted to really enjoy the video they let me down.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I'm happy YIFY crap isn't spamming actual high def releases anymore. Nothing high def about YIFY. But suing people for insane amounts of money makes no sense.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

27 minutes ago, Notional said:

I'm happy YIFY crap isn't spamming actual high def releases anymore. Nothing high def about YIFY. But suing people for insane amounts of money makes no sense.

Wouldn't be surprised if the reason for the pricey sue is that they once again assumed that every priated release == lost full purchase. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

16 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the reason for the pricey sue is that they once again assumed that every priated release == lost full purchase. 

Oh yeah that is their modus operandi for sure. Remember when the RIAA claimed damages against LimeWire for $75 trillion? That was more than the global GDP løl.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

yify releases are alright if you are watching a drama or romcom or something that is visually not that important.

But they were poor excuse of high definition. The bit rate is just too small.

As for this news, I wonder if he has any grounds to sue them? It sounds like keeping his name out of the public was part of the settlement. If it was a condition, then he might have grounds to sue based on breach of settlement.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

My favourite, completely legal, blu-ray movie source :)

"Legal"

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

yify releases are alright if you are watching a drama or romcom or something that is visually not that important.

But they were poor excuse of high definition. The bit rate is just too small.

As for this news, I wonder if he has any grounds to sue them? It sounds like keeping his name out of the public was part of the settlement. If it was a condition, then he might have grounds to sue based on breach of settlement.

But that's a massive dick movie. I remain neutral on pirating, I believe if the movie (or game) has made a lot of profit then I shouldn't have the need to buy it. However, I do see him gaining a lot of support for doing this dick bag movie... Just because you know... People who support pirating everything are usually dumbasses... Which would probaly be half of the people who torrent. And on the bit rate thing. I agree 100%! But it's free so never expect that good of quality. So to anybody who has a home cinema or a decent ultra wide monitor, buy blue rays dude!

4 hours ago, Suicidal Korean said:

I never like those rips too low of a bitrate, the video quality was very low in those rips. I always avoided yify when I use to torrent. they are nice and small but when I wanted to really enjoy the video they let me down.

For watching them on a PC or laptop, yeah, the quality is low, but I usually watch them on my phone when I'm out and about walking or sth. At home I only watch 1080p Bluray rips about 8-15 GB of size (cause 100/100 internet).

20 minutes ago, Secretly Irish said:

But that's a massive dick movie. I remain neutral on pirating, I believe if the movie (or game) has made a lot of profit then I shouldn't have the need to buy it. However, I do see him gaining a lot of support for doing this dick bag movie... Just because you know... People who support pirating everything are usually dumbasses... Which would probaly be half of the people who torrent. And on the bit rate thing. I agree 100%! But it's free so never expect that good of quality. So to anybody who has a home cinema or a decent ultra wide monitor, buy blue rays dude!

I don't agree with your point. If the movie is good, it's worth paying for. Doesn't matter how much money it's made.

I agree, it's a massive dick move, but the movie industry is trying to discredit him most likely. Essentially an anti PR campaign. Of course in purely speculating.

And of course anyone with a decent home theatre should buy blurays.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

47 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't agree with your point. If the movie is good, it's worth paying for. Doesn't matter how much money it's made.

I agree, it's a massive dick move, but the movie industry is trying to discredit him most likely. Essentially an anti PR campaign. Of course in purely speculating.

And of course anyone with a decent home theatre should buy blurays.

Have you got any websites where I can find pretty good blue ray rips?

19 minutes ago, Secretly Irish said:

Google play and itunes.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

1 hour ago, Secretly Irish said:

Sorry mate, it would be against the CoC to openly talk about that out give you any suggestions. Suffice to say, any place that had yify, also generally had high bit rate rips.

The best bluray rips, of course, are the ones you rip yourself using something like MakeMKV and a legally purchased bluray. This is generally what I do.

2 hours ago, Secretly Irish said:

Wow...

"I believe if the movie (or game) has made a lot of profit then I shouldn't have the need to buy it"

I'm sorry, but the only reason for pirating is not being able to afford to pay for the content. If you can afford to purchase it, then you should. How much money it has made is irrelevant.