Favorite genre of all time.

threadysparrow

What is your favorite genre of story? Don't just say "action." Try to be as specific and detailed as possible. We all have our favorite type of story. And since most of us who are PC enthusiasts are gamers, we all love stories and fantasy. I would love to hear from my friends on here what your favorite genre of story is.

As much as I love thrillers, super heroes, and sci-fi, my favorite genre of all time has to be adventures. I love a good adventure, but not just any adventure.

Give me Lawrence of Arabia, Uncharted, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia (game and movie), National Treasure, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, or any other movie, book, or game in that genre and I will be a happy guy. If the movie consists of a wise ass, joke cracking, everyman main character then it makes it just that much better.

You can keep your thought provoking tale of self discovery about the king who stammers, I want to see someone swing on a rope, ride a horse through a canyon, shoot, shoot some more, yell at the bad guy, get caught, have a trick up his sleeve to get out, and make a funny, semi-sexist type joke to the girl who can't stand him and the beginning only to finally get her at the end. That is my kind of story.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

sci-fi fiction because anything can happen and cool stuff from the future. Example books: Divergent/Insurgent Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

sci-fi fiction 

but why? What about it do you like? What are your favorite movies and games?

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Open world sandbox survival type thing like minecraft and terraria

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I go with Open world adventure games like Assassin's Creed, It gives you the choice of doing whatever you want but also has a very good story that makes you think you are watching a movie.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

tactical shooters/espionage (and soon to be open world with MGSV) purely because of METAL GEAR SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!1!1!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

but why? What about it do you like? What are your favorite movies and games?

Favorite movie 21 jump street favorite game top of the head LoL

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Either Sci-Fi or post apocalyptic or fantasy (I love them all :(). I like being able to explore worlds that let my imagination wander, hopefully a combination might be possible if I end up developing games  ^_^.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I see a bunch of video game genres which is cool but what I mean is more like sci-fi, adventure, mystery, ect.

and if you read any books then include those genres as well.

FPS. Puzzle. If I have to pick one FPS/Puzzle.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Open world RPG's are where it's at. I especially love games like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout that let you customize every aspect of your character to fit a certain role.

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

ok guys but what about movies and stories? Do you like the medieval type mythology of Skyrim or do you like the futuristic space opera that is Mass Effect?

It has to be Japanese role-playing game.

I need a USB-refrigerator for my beer

adventure

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Games: RTS

Movies: Animation, Action Comedy

Music: PunkRock

Literature: Fantasy

Art: Impressionism (rather a style), handdrawn

Live Performance: Standup Comedy

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• Game: Turn based strategy (Civilization V is the only game that can make me sit down for 15-20 hours on end)

Movies; Gangster (I just live the drama and intrigue that can come from some of the good gangster movies)

Music: Death metal (Always loved all genres of music, but death metal just have more power and depth then any other)

High art: Surrealism (I just like the pretty picture. I'm not going to lie and tell you I know what they mean)

Books: Social realism (I love Dostoevsky and Tolsoty's potrails of the Russian people and the themes of their books)

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

For me I would say sci fi / fantasy / mystery / thriller. This is more for movies, for games although I love sci fi, in a game the genre works more like a theme, depends on the game style (which my favorite is RPGs) and how story driven it is. Singleplayers are way more story driven than multiplayers are for example. So you can say I really like a great sci fi RPG very story driven (Mass effect <3). But I can play and love any themed RPG with a great story and characters. In general love stories that ask complicated question about human nature (physical and psychological) religion and the universe itself.

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M