Help required from the greatest minds of LTT forums

Becausei'mBatman

So my problem is when i bought 2led strips i attached one to the bottom and one to the top and the top one keeps fucking falling off, i tried duct taping it it still falls off, i don't really wanna super glue it since i have a feeling i'll regret my decision at some point. So anyone know a solution to this incredibly frustrating problem? http://imgur.com/o3JQafx - this is the strip falling of after i tried duct tape

3M tape?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Black electric tape, magnetic attachment, small cranes, a glue with a readily availble solvent.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

clear packaging tape over the entire strip?

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Use 3M 4010 tape.

Also, make sure that you have cleaned the mounting surface with rubbing alcohol before using adhesives to ensure the best bond.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

6 minutes ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

So my problem is when i bought 2led strips i attached one to the bottom and one to the top and the top one keeps fucking falling off, i tried duct taping it it still falls off, i don't really wanna super glue it since i have a feeling i'll regret my decision at some point. So anyone know a solution to this incredibly frustrating problem? http://imgur.com/o3JQafx - this is the strip falling of after i tried duct tape

As suggested something like this mounting tape from 3M would be the best option it will not let go even in heat or cold:

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Exterior-Mounting-1-Inch-60-Inch/dp/B00004Z4BV

-Moved to Modding Section-

1 minute ago, W-L said:

As suggested something like this mounting tape from 3M would be the best option it will not let go even in heat or cold:

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Exterior-Mounting-1-Inch-60-Inch/dp/B00004Z4BV

-Moved to Modding Section-

While that will hold it extremely well, it does not heatsink the led tape to the chassis very well...

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

This. Works for me

well a piece of wood as pc case works for you too.. :ph34r: 

jk ;)

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

4 minutes ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

clear packaging tape over the entire strip?

i used packaging tape the goddamm thing just doesn't stay up

hot glue?,

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

Double sided tape?

Velcro?

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

6 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Black electric tape, magnetic attachment, small cranes, a glue with a readily availble solvent.

magnetic attachments might actually work. i'll need to search em up on aliexpress 

Just now, Becausei'mBatman said:

don't have a hot glue gun.

if it doens't stick with tape then super glue might be the best option depening on what case and leds you are using. if the leds are to expensive it might not be to good of an idea

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

1 minute ago, ExozeGD said:

if it doens't stick with tape then super glue might be the best option depening on what case and leds you are using. if the leds are to expensive it might not be to good of an idea

leds are from china for 1.5$ and the case is a define r4

Just now, Becausei'mBatman said:

leds are from china for 1.5$ and the case is a define r4

the thing with super glue is that it will probobly ruin the leds when you try to remove it and when you do remove them the case paint might fall off but in the top and bottom shouldn't be to much of an issue i guess. up to you tough

Main build

Second build

Third build

6 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

While that will hold it extremely well, it does not heatsink the led tape to the chassis very well...

It wouldn't be too big of an issue as they don't get overly hot just warm, the tape will still carry some eat through itself into the chassis but just not as much another is the thin film type double stick tapes which will pass heat through easier. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It wouldn't be too big of an issue as they don't get overly hot just warm, the tape will still carry some eat through itself into the chassis but just not as much another is the thin film type double stick tapes which will pass heat through easier. 

My led tape runs at like 60 degrees mounted to the case...

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My led tape runs at like 60 degrees mounted to the case...

Hmm those seem to be running quite warm, usually if they are say red LED's that can be the case as they have higher value resistors for the lowered fwd voltage but that still seems quite hot. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Hmm those seem to be running quite warm, usually if they are say red LED's that can be the case as they have higher value resistors for the lowered fwd voltage but that still seems quite hot. 

Mine are white LEDs. They are pretty high power ones though, I think it was 1A/meter

28 minutes ago, Becausei'mBatman said:

If I am not mistaking, that is a Fractal Design case, yes? If it is one of the define series, what I've done to fix mine is to take some twist ties and hook the LED strip up to the case fan mesh. You can't see that I used twist ties, and they are low profile enough to hide under the moduvent covers.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Mine are white LEDs. They are pretty high power ones though, I think it was 1A/meter

That seems reasonable though I have two 30cm ones that are around 0.3A each at 12V. 

5 minutes ago, FunkyFeatures said:

If I am not mistaking, that is a Fractal Design case, yes? If it is one of the define series, what I've done to fix mine is to take some twist ties and hook the LED strip up to the case fan mesh.

can you make a photo? i think i still got some of em zip ties left from the case