HP Omen Clock Speed Problems 860m

BMARX123
Go to solution Solved by BMARX123,

Problem  solved apparently. HP's stupid smart adapter. Seems that the aftermarket charger I am using made the laptop think it was underpowered. Seems to be fixed now.

Hey forum,

Have recently been having issues with my laptop. Was running furmark to figure out why games were running so slow and found out that the clock speed on my 860m was not raising bast 135mhz. On the most recent test it stayed at 33! I know the gpu is being used because hwmonitor reports it as being at 100% and so does furmark. I have installed the latest drivers and have set the Nvidia control panel to maximum performance. Any help is appreciated!

HP Omen:
i7 4710HQ

GTX 860m

8gb Ram

CPU: AMD FX 8350 GPU: Reference GTX 980ti Motherboard: Gigabyte 990fxa-Ud3 (rev. 4.0) RAM: 16GB 1600 Speed Memory Power Supply: Corsair CX600m 600 watt PSU Case: NZXT H440

what are temps

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Problem  solved apparently. HP's stupid smart adapter. Seems that the aftermarket charger I am using made the laptop think it was underpowered. Seems to be fixed now.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 GPU: Reference GTX 980ti Motherboard: Gigabyte 990fxa-Ud3 (rev. 4.0) RAM: 16GB 1600 Speed Memory Power Supply: Corsair CX600m 600 watt PSU Case: NZXT H440