Display driver stopped working, please suck a fat one.

LokiFire

Why is this happening all of a sudden?

BF4 crashes with a DX error and now i can't go in game anymore in BF4... drivers messes up every time.

No OC on GPU..

2QyMOjH.png

Time to downgrade drivers? another shoddy NV driver?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Funny title. :DxD 

Could be shoddy NV driver as you say. Yeah, I would just downgrade it like you said.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Just now, Bittenfleax said:

Could be shoddy NV driver as you say. Yeah, I would just downgrade it like you said.

And after all this time i thought it was my GPU having an overclock i even made a thread about it, i'm not happy, never got these problems ever with my much slower AMD card.. i would rather have low performance than none at all.

1 minute ago, LokiFire said:

And after all this time i thought it was my GPU having an overclock i even made a thread about it, i'm not happy, never got these problems ever with my much slower AMD card.. i would rather have low performance than none at all.

It could be OC. An unstable OC can cause this and is often the case.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

2 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

the 364.xx drivers have more bugs than the Bugs Life movie

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Bittenfleax said:

It could be OC. An unstable OC can cause this and is often the case.

But it can't be as now the game does not work at all even stock.

Just now, LokiFire said:

But it can't be as now the game does not work at all even stock.

Ah right. Yeah just downgrade then. 

People been saying that AMD has driver issues from the past ( most cases they where fixed ).

But now i bet AMD Is prancing around Nvidias HQ for this fuck up.

(⌐■_■) 

Just to make you feel better I sometimes get the same thing when I play Cities: Skylines on my 290x - go figure

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

You say BF4 crashes and you get a DX error, does this driver message pop up after the crash or just randomly at the desktop? If you open up event viewer in windows, go to administrative events and look for an event at the time of the  game/driver crash and post the event info here.

I had a problem with display driver crashing once up on a time in windows 8. Turned out to be faulty ram, but it could be a lot of things like the gpu failing, faulty driver install, fucked up registry and so on.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Installing 355.60 WHQL as i am on windows 10.

I have a GTX 580 it can't be that detrimental to upgrade my drivers anyway.

Just now, WhackingCheese said:

You say BF4 crashes and you get a DX error, does this driver message pop up after the crash or just randomly at the desktop? If you open up event viewer in windows, go to administrative events and look for an event at the time of the  game/driver crash and post the event info here.

I had a problem with display driver crashing once up on a time in windows 8. Turned out to be faulty ram, but it could be a lot of things like the gpu failing, faulty driver install, fucked up registry and so on.

It was random but now every time the GPU spools up into 3D clocks the driver crashes even at stock clocks.

Go look at event viewer :P

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Try and run the Battlefield in compatibility mode, preferably in Windows 7 service pack 1 mode, and let us know. Fixed my issue.

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!

22 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

Why is this happening all of a sudden?

BF4 crashes with a DX error and now i can't go in game anymore in BF4... drivers messes up every time.

No OC on GPU..

2QyMOjH.png

Time to downgrade drivers? another shoddy NV driver?

The typical way I get myself into this situation is by not upgrading the driver cleanly, or by having mismatched software/drivers.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Not fixed.... i'm done with NVIDIA.

Never got any of this with AMD even though it was way slower.

http://i.imgur.com/5XBN5C8.png

Doing it this way as i don't even trust NVIDIA... let's see if Windows update can fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/vN8PGZE.png