The pros and cons of 1600x900

MoonKnightSpidey

I have not posted in a while. because I have been to busy playing on the PC you guys picked out for me, thank you. This post, however, is not about my baller PC.

I have a 1600x900 monitor, so I would like to tell you the pros and cons.

PROS:

Better performance

CONS:

LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE

Sometimes the game auto boots in 1080p, so my monitor freaks out and I have to restart my PC, and there are no good wallpapers for 1600x900. Is there a tool to fix the random pixels?

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Wow, did this forum die, I used to get replies as soon as the thread was posted.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a 1699x900 monitor a game shouldn't be physically able to start in 1080p unless you added it manually in Catalyst (or Crimson. I don't use AMD so i don't really know how that works.). Even then, it shouldn't freak out or anything. Maybe it's a driver error? Oh and I use WallpapersWide.com, they have a pretty good selection of weird res/aspect ratio wallpapers.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Pretty much the issue with any monitor not 1080P, 1440P, 4K or UHD.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Just now, steezemageeze said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a 1699x900 monitor a game shouldn't be physically able to start in 1080p unless you added it manually in Catalyst (or Crimson. I don't use AMD so i don't really know how that works.). Even then, it shouldn't freak out or anything. Maybe it's a driver error? Oh and I use WallpapersWide.com, they have a pretty good selection of weird res/aspect ratio wallpapers.

The game autostarts in 1080p and does not let me change it in some situations, so I have to dive into the config files. Why do devs still do this for real. lol. At least 20% must use a monitor with a resolution of under 1080.

2 minutes ago, MoonKnightSpidey said:

Wow, did this forum die, I used to get replies as soon as the thread was posted.

That only happens when you post a topic people want to reply to

:)

PC: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.6 GHz, 1.296v, Air 24/7 -- Windforce R9 270 @ 1200/1400 -- MSI Z87-GD65 -- 16GB DDR3-1866 -- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Audio: Thiel CS1.2 Speakers -- Tripath Amps -- CS4398 DACs -- MiniDIGI 2x8 Active Crossover/DSP --  Stereo Bass via 2x Vifa 10", Linkwitz Transform'd to 25hz -3db

Just now, TheAudiophile said:

Theoretically, isn't that every thread?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

1 minute ago, TheAudiophile said:

Man, I need some cold water for that burn. :(

I have a 1680x1050 monitor, not any problems.

Just that my monitor doesn't have HDMI or DP support...

Pixel density is fine for a 20 inch 1050P monitor...

I use one at school, it's not that bad.

Pros:

• cheaper usually
  • better FPS than 1080p
  • ???

Cons:

• doesn't look as good
  • you can see individual pixels much easier
  • backgrounds look dumb
  • everything looks pretty dumb compared to 1080p
  • rarely but sometimes you may get resolution problems with games/ShadowPlay or something weird

Overall it's ehhhhh but not a terrible choice