Game with a good story

FatalR

Bored, looking for a good PC campaign game to play through, anyone have any favorites excluding these games?

Already have these

http://i.imgur.com/MxsE7yD.png

edit: trying Life is Strange 1-5

edit 2: pretty nice game so far :D 

Life is Strange

The Stanley Parable

The Beginner's Guide (Play The Stanley Parable before you play the Beginner's Guide)

Gone Home.

Half-Life Series

Portal Series

Spec ops: the line

Ryse: son of rome

Home front

I found those 3 to have excellent stories, and if I remember correctly, they are all about 4 to 6 hours long

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

what kind of games are you interested in?

Well built characters, nice narration, that stuff (Something like the last of us)

Woaah that's alot of games, I'll wait and see which one gets the most mentions and play it :P

Thanks

If you don't mind older titles, definitely The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'd also recommend a bunch of Bioware's work. If you're a fan of the Star Wars franchise, pick up Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. Also from Bioware as a standalone franchise is Dragon Age- Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, and Dragon Age: Inquisition (yes, in that order).

I would also recommend BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite if you're more the first-person-shooter type.

If you have a Wii lying around, like a lot of people, pick up a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. The price has dropped from a limited-edition-worthy $150 to about $45 on Amazon US lately, and for what you're paying, you get a game that is, in all likelihood, the best I have ever played. A sibling to Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii would be The Last Story, which can be had for MUCH cheaper. 

Honestly, if you can get your hands on it, Xenoblade Chronicles is the best recommendation you can take away from all of these, but everything here is great- particularly The Elder Scrolls, and Knights of the Old Republic.

2 minutes ago, FatalR said:

Woaah that's alot of games, I'll wait and see which one gets the most mentions and play it :P

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Life is Strange

The Stanley Parable

The Beginner's Guide (Play The Stanley Parable before you play the Beginner's Guide)

Gone Home.

Half-Life Series

Portal Series

i do love half life and portal

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

10 minutes ago, FatalR said:

Bored, looking for a good PC campaign game to play through, anyone have any favorites excluding these games?

Already have these

LIFE IS STRANGE

get it right now.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Almost every relevant Final Fantasy game is on Steam.

If you're too cool for JRPGs, play the Metro Redux games.

Just now, RGProductions said:

i do love half life and portal

I love the songs "Still Alive", "Cara Mia Addio" & "Want You Gone". Portal was great, I completed it in 1 sitting. Portal 2 was too long (I couldn't complete it in one sitting), I would have preferred 2 smaller games (They defiantly could have done that)

11 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

If you don't mind older titles, definitely...The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Did you just hear that awful sound of flesh being stripped from the bone? That was you tearing my heart out.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

20 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Did you just hear that awful sound of flesh being stripped from the bone? That was you tearing my heart out.

If you're referring to Skyrim's lackluster main story, things have changed since its release. The Skyrim of today is more an open-source engine for a plethora of mods that exhibit storytelling better than many of the greatest games. The Forgotten City- a mod for Skyrim- is on par with some of the best stories I've experienced in games. The Interesting NPCs mod adds a slew of these, along with top-notch voice acting and loads of unique dialogue for hundreds of new NPCs. Inconsequential NPCs adds more still, barring the quests that come with Interesting NPCs, and mods like Helgen Reborn and Falskaar are on par with The Forgotten City. Well, almost on par.

And even at release, Skyrim was a chapter of the Elder Scrolls saga more than it was a standalone title, even if it could be played as either. Playing the game without reference to the deep lore of the game and its connection to the world previous games established, as well as the overarching story over the 3rd, 4th, and 5th games, is like watching Return of the Jedi and evaluating it without regards to Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back.

In conclusion, with or without mods, it works, but only in tandem with other Elder Scrolls games. That is why I mentioned it only after I mentioned the two games that present, arguably, more depth in their characters, story, and narrative elements.

However, if I misunderstood your comment, and the source of your lament was that I called Skyrim an 'older title', I'm afraid to say that's exactly what it is. Even at release, Skyrim was already showing its age, just like Dragon Age: Origins- both in terms of gameplay presentation and graphical fidelity.

Just now, Aereldor said:

snip

I was more referring to you calling it "old" :(

Just now, aisle9 said:

I was more referring to you calling it "old" :(

Check up on the last paragraph of my previous post. However, if it makes you feel any better, here's how great Skyrim can look even on comparatively puny hardware like a 2GB GTX 960.

And here's how great it can look on the same card, albeit with little effort put into modding, and next to no performance loss. The GPU wasn't even stressed with this configuration.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Check up on the last paragraph of my previous post. However, if it makes you feel any better, here's how great Skyrim can look even on comparatively puny hardware like a 2GB GTX 960.

My slightly less puny 4GB GTX 960 and I would love to know what mods are in use there. Skyrim 2K looks nothing like that

45 minutes ago, FatalR said:

Well built characters, nice narration, that stuff

Alan wake. Good graphics, effects. Exelent narrative, story and characters. In my opinion.....

Can't believe no one mentioned Witcher 3... but yeah, witcher 3 has a very good story. not just in the main storyline but the quests as well. get hearts of stone if you can. expansion's brilliant 

the only issue i could see going into it is that you really have to get into the lore to understand the world 

I highly recommend the mass effect trilogy. I would also recommend the bioshock games as well as the usual recommendation of skyrim.

16 hours ago, FatalR said:

Already have these

edit: trying Life is Strange 1-5

edit 2: pretty nice game so far :D 

edit 3: just finished episode 1, insane stuff :o