Diablo 2 gets updated.

MPCPRO

Hey guys.

If any of you guys are hardcore Diablo 2 fans, check this out. It finally got a patch after 4 years reintroducing OSX support, fixing glitches for modern OS and also REMOVING THOSE DAMN BOTS!! Also the last part is quite epic as well. Seems like there might be more to come!

Articles:

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742864181

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166793-Diablo-2-Suddenly-Gets-Another-Patch

http://kotaku.com/years-later-blizzard-releases-a-new-diablo-ii-patch-1764232247

Developer
It’s been a long time coming, but today we’re releasing 1.14a for Diablo II. 

This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems. In related news, you can finally retire those old Mac PowerPCs. Included with the update is a shiny new installer for OSX.

We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day. 

There is still a large Diablo II community around the world, and we thank you for continuing to play and slay with us. This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there. See you in Sanctuary, adventurers.

Interesting. Me and my classmates from Diablo III are actually thinking of retro night on D2. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I've been playing Diablo 2 on and off since release, and its quite epic seeing games now without bots in them xD

What. The. Fuck? A game that I've been playing on my Pentium III-RivaTNT2 desktop for so long has been updated?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

What. The. Fuck? A game that I've been playing on my Pentium III-RivaTNT2 desktop for so long has been updated?

I used to play this game on a Windows 98, Pentium 2 350 Mhz, Geforce 2MX 32 MB, and 64 MB of RAM. Used to get epic 20-40 fps :P

6 minutes ago, MPCPRO said:

I used to play this game on a Windows 98, Pentium 2 350 Mhz, Geforce 2MX 32 MB, and 64 MB of RAM. Used to get epic 20-40 fps :P

I had upgraded my computer to a Geforce 256 than MX440, but they both died so the riva came out of my Celeron 433 rig. WCIII at 25-35 FPS, 640x480 minimum-medium settings.

PMSL

please Blizzard give me high res textures for D3

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

First Age of Mithology, then Kotor 2 and now this. I like where this is going. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Looks like I'm going back to Tristram

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

4 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Warcraft 3 was also updated recently

2 less games that give me a reason to use my ULR :(

PMSL

Awesome, Diablo II was one of the first games I remember playing as a kid. A full HD remake would excite me a lot more though.

42 minutes ago, ashtaroth said:

Looks like I'm going back to Tristram

me too. I loved D2 so badly i pirated it, then bought two copies + expansions (cuz i lost the first set of discs.... then bought new and found the old ones shortly after)

3 hours ago, callum92 said:

Awesome, Diablo II was one of the first games I remember playing as a kid. A full HD remake would excite me a lot more though.

Well a ton of new jobs for classic games opened a while ago, so no wonder they're fixing stuff, ironing bugs out and bringing it to newer platforms; they're most probably paving the way for the remakes :_

Nice! That's an awesome long term support for a video game :D
I remember playing it few years back when back then last update came and now today another new after quite some time. Will play some D2 again for sure :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, AbeTrve said:

Well a ton of new jobs for classic games opened a while ago, so no wonder they're fixing stuff, ironing bugs out and bringing it to newer platforms; they're most probably paving the way for the remakes :_

Well, Diablo 2 is a pretty awesome game. If they updated the graphics, created a new bigger expansion pack, then called it a remake, I'd most likely buy into it. Diablo 3 was a different approach (and good game), but it didn't satisfy my expectations as a Diablo 2 sequel.

16 hours ago, dragosudeki said:

Well, Diablo 2 is a pretty awesome game. If they updated the graphics, created a new bigger expansion pack, then called it a remake, I'd most likely buy into it. Diablo 3 was a different approach (and good game), but it didn't satisfy my expectations as a Diablo 2 sequel.

Yeah, D3 is a good game but did not satisfy my needs as a sequel either. They removed so many things that made D2 great, and they even changed the art direction which I did not like :(

19 hours ago, Prysin said:

me too. I loved D2 so badly i pirated it, then bought two copies + expansions (cuz i lost the first set of discs.... then bought new and found the old ones shortly after)

Kinda same in my case. First played it at a friends house during 19forgotten dad bought it and we played it with my little brother. Those were the times. Dad was a paladin, bro was a barbarian and I was a druid werewolf style. Oh man it was the beginning of carpal tunnel I guess? Accident happened and our cd broke. Pirated it, got a new one then lent it to a friend who broke it. All i could remember was super diablo and lilith. In the end lost our saves but the memories remain.

D3 was a good game but IMO not good enough. Left it halfway through the second playthrough, cinematics kickass though.

@MPCPRO Yeah game lost the horror genre feel for me. Looked a bit too fruity?

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

3 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

Kinda same in my case. First played it at a friends house during 19forgotten dad bought it and we played it with my little brother. Those were the times. Dad was a paladin, bro was a barbarian and I was a druid werewolf style. Oh man it was the beginning of carpal tunnel I guess? Accident happened and our cd broke. Pirated it, got a new one then lent it to a friend who broke it. All i could remember was super diablo and lilith. In the end lost our saves but the memories remain.

D3 was a good game but IMO not good enough. Left it halfway through the second playthrough, cinematics kickass though.

@MPCPRO Yeah game lost the horror genre feel for me. Looked a bit too fruity?

Yeah. The horror feel got lost, and the art direction turned towards WoW/Heartstoneish imo.

I want an HD version of Diablo II but with all the horror and spooky left in. Torchlight and Torchlight II were great revisions to the dungeon crawler hack n slash classic, but what many fans so loved was the horror and the difficulty. Also, more cinematics and story! Diablo II was so old it didn't have room for too much story line lol.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This kinda sucked. I just saw my first spambot after the patch. I guess they finally broke the new "warden"/anti bot thingy.

When is the ladder reset? Did it come with this patch? Please let me know

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

On 3/10/2016 at 7:29 AM, MPCPRO said:

Is it bad that Ive been playing this game on a Power Mac G4, with Dual 450Mhz CPUs, 1.5GB of RAM, and a ATI Rage 128 Pro? - Ive been thinking of flashing an old 9800Pro to be mac compatible.
I got this old Mac for free a few years ago, and Diablo 2 is one of the few games I own where it's both PPC Mac and PC compatible.