The best antivirus solution

I just wanted to ask.. Since I have been having a little antivirus problem.. Which is the best antivirus solution? . . Free or pay.. I do not really care...

Comodo worked for awhile but recently it hasnt done ANYTHING.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

You can use MalwareBytes with Microsoft Security Essentials and you would have a good combination. Avast is also good tho but I recommend getting MalwareBytes with if for better protection against malware and such. 

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Avast is your best bet in the free world. In the paid world, Bitdefender.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Comodo worked for awhile but recently it hasnt done ANYTHING.

I had comodo.. But it had too much going on.. Too many add on software packages whose uses were minimally helpful.. So I removed it..

I had comodo.. But it had too much going on.. Too many add on software packages whose uses were minimally helpful.. So I removed it..

Like what?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Like what?

Geek something.. I can't really remember them all, but it had like 3 or 4 add ons..

Guys.. Is pay really beneficial in any way? ,Coz I had like a year of Kaspersky 2012 last year.. And I really did not note much of a difference/value add with free Avast!

Kaspersky

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You can use MalwareBytes with Microsoft Security Essentials and you would have a good combination. Avast is also good tho but I recommend getting MalwareBytes with if for better protection against malware and such. 

I will try it out..

Geek something.. I can't really remember them all, but it had like 3 or 4 add ons..

You don't have to install it.

penicillin

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Avast.

And no, there is no point in paying for any anti-virus software, Avast is perfectly fine.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

You don't have to install it.

Would try that, but I deteted it...

i think malwarebytes pro is the best, its not that expensive but if you really wanted to ou can find it for free online

Would try that, but I deteted it...

If you decide to install it again, you should see Advanced installation somewhere. It'll allow you to remove what you don't want and do some other config options.

So avast! and malwarebytes seem to be the best solutions..

I kinda dropped avast! coz a couple of my pals said it could fuck up my computer.. But when I ask how.. All i get if .  . . 'I just know it can fuck you up!'