The Divison Impressions

GorgnakThatBarbarian

The Division Impressions  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings on Tom Clancy's The Division?

• Perfection-10/10
    • Excellent-9/10
    • Great-8/10
    • Good-7/10
    • Decent-6/10
    • Bad-5/10
    • Horrible-4/10
    • Awful-3/10
    • Waste of Money-2/10
    • Unplayable (Refunded/Returned)-1/10

Greeting everyone! Recently, I purchased a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and received a CD key for Tom Clancy's The Division included with it. I really was hyped when first announced a LONG time ago and then sort of forgot about it. Now, it is out and I see how mixed the reviews are for it and want to know if I should just give it to someone for any game key. Does The Division succeed at correcting what Destiny did wrong? I've been longing for a multiplayer survival game for a while now. I know not to trust Ubisoft although I will give the kudos for Rainbow Six: Siege. Thanks for any input fam :D 

tom clancy's the disconnection

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Absolute shiet game

Repetitive farming, raid games

People camping in darkzone 24/7 no fun

Ubisoft's clusterfuck version of dayz

the game will become a repetitive train if the DEV's dont upload daily content

Rainbow six seige is the only game I love from ubisoft

Hopefully wildlands will be there too

i've only seen a few game play videos so far.

let me just say I hate FPS games I'm more of a GTA Guy and Just Cause. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Its not even a fps, its a third person shooter

and :(

really? then im gonna check this shit out.

yes or no does it suck?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

to me its kinda meh i mean i haven't actually played this but have watched about 12 hours of twitch streams ill probably pick it up in like 5 years when its on sale for £5 and no ones playing any more 

I lurk a lot

Tom  Clancy's the grinding game. Prepare for hackers in dark zone...  

Magical Pineapples

It seems like a love it or hate it kind of game. I've only played a few minutes on my friends pc and I already got bored with it. The bullet sponge mechanic really takes away the immersion on the game. It feels to much like an MMO. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Just now, Klerk said:

It seems like a love it or hate it kind of game. I've only played a few minutes on my friends pc and I already got bored with it. The bullet sponge mechanic really takes away the immersion on the game. It feels to much like an MMO. 

I thought that was the point of The Division; a Destiny like MMO Shooter

3 minutes ago, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

I thought that was the point of The Division; a Destiny like MMO Shooter

Yes that why I said it's a love it/hate it kind of game, if you like MMO's you'll like but if not (like me) you would get bored with it. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I find it's more of a lightweight Mass Effect 3 style shooter-rpg hybrid with multiplayer core elements style game than an MMO. I've spent probably close to 8 hours with it so far and haven't had any connection issues or even crashes. There's bullet sponges sure, and definitely quite a bit of grinding if you're focusing on the DZ and hunting other players. However the "single" player portion is pretty darn good, especially with the option to run Ops with friends to mix things up. And of course the obligatory crafting system is actually somewhat intuitive and very useful if you need a leg-up equipment wise, it definitely helps lessen the grinding aspect.

Is it a perfect game? Definitely not. Is it super horrible and Ubisoft should be burned at the stake for releasing it? No, not this time. It's a decent (if somewhat overpriced) third person semi-tactical MMO-lite shooter with light RPG elements. It may be trying to wear too many hats and I may run out of content before I get my money's worth out of it, but it's definitely not "kill it with fire" bad or even comparable to a big time MMO time sink  like WoW.

Some will like it, some will love it and lots will judge it junk without actually taking some time to explore it. To each their own, right?

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

The first hours were Fun with Friends. A good Game, have to play more to make a final cut though.

People who voted below decent, never touched the Game, thats for sure.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Its the most okay game ever. No interesting hooks to really keep you interested. Reminds me of Titanfall: amazing at first but you quickly realize how bland it is and never touch it again after a few sessions. The setting ("realistic" Tom Clancy action) also feels like it hinders the game a lot. It doesn't leave a lot of variety or flavor to be added and it feels weird having to empty multiple clips to kill a single human being. It looks great, though.

The Division is like plain pasta without spices, condiments or sides. It doesn't offend your taste buds but it doesn't give a tasty experience either. For full price ($60) I'd say pass.

I don't own the game but watched 2 Twitch streams last night for about an hour. I like what I see, and I may buy it. The only grip that I have about this game is the damage model. I mean, why the hell does it take 3 full mags of 30 bullets/mag to kill a low/medium NPC. It doesn't make sense. Otherwise, the game feels realistic. I was hoping for a R6 : Raven Shield damage model.

I find the game mediocre at most.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

6 hours ago, spookyneo said:

I don't own the game but watched 2 Twitch streams last night for about an hour. I like what I see, and I may buy it. The only grip that I have about this game is the damage model. I mean, why the hell does it take 3 full mags of 30 bullets/mag to kill a low/medium NPC. It doesn't make sense. Otherwise, the game feels realistic. I was hoping for a R6 : Raven Shield damage model.

The whole reason behind that is because it is suppose to be an MMO shooter not really about realism

Question about the release version: Is it still heavily cpu bound? Trying to play the beta it kept my 6700hq above 90% usage all the time.

2 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

Question about the release version: Is it still heavily cpu bound? Trying to play the beta it kept my 6700hq above 90% usage all the time.

Yes. It pegs my 3570k at 100% constant. I get great framerate but in groups the game can get a bit stuttery because of the CPU usage.  Turning down Object detail is supposed to help so I am going to give that a go on my next session.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

9 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

My older i5 can handle it without Problems. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 hours ago, Praesi said:

My older i5 can handle it without Problems. 

It wasn't that it ran poorly on my pc, its just that I game on a laptop and it got rather toasty with both the cpu and gpu pinned at 100%. It actually ran fine.

19 hours ago, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

The whole reason behind that is because it is suppose to be an MMO shooter not really about realism

Well, yeah, that's the company line. The problem is it has an RPG progression system but it does not have a matching RPG combat system. The two do not feed into each other. In the Division the core gameplay challenge is your own personal aim, like any other third-person cover shooter out there. When a game asks you to aim manually, you expect that your precision is the challenge and that it will be rewarded. It doesn't feel like it is when enemies still take so long to kill whether you were precise or not.

And the ultra-realistic visuals do nothing to support the idea that it's "not really about realism." You're shooting ordinary, real-world rifles at ordinary dudes in hoodies and jeans in a very faithful depiction of New York. And that, too, clashes hard against the combat system.

It's kind of like they decided on the progression system, the combat mechanics, and the setting/aesthetic all in completely separate rooms and in no particular order. It seems like it was designed around the need to check off boxes for a focus group. Which could describe most of Ubisoft's games, actually.

On 3/8/2016 at 4:58 PM, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

Greeting everyone! Recently, I purchased a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and received a CD key for Tom Clancy's The Division included with it. I really was hyped when first announced a LONG time ago and then sort of forgot about it. Now, it is out and I see how mixed the reviews are for it and want to know if I should just give it to someone for any game key. Does The Division succeed at correcting what Destiny did wrong? I've been longing for a multiplayer survival game for a while now. I know not to trust Ubisoft although I will give the kudos for Rainbow Six: Siege. Thanks for any input fam :D 

I think they're doing way better than destiny. Destiny turned inot a pile of sh**.