The Divison Impressions

GorgnakThatBarbarian

The Division Impressions  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings on Tom Clancy's The Division?

• Perfection-10/10
    • Excellent-9/10
    • Great-8/10
    • Good-7/10
    • Decent-6/10
    • Bad-5/10
    • Horrible-4/10
    • Awful-3/10
    • Waste of Money-2/10
    • Unplayable (Refunded/Returned)-1/10

On 3/9/2016 at 10:12 PM, ApolloX75 said:

I find it's more of a lightweight Mass Effect 3 style shooter-rpg hybrid with multiplayer core elements style game than an MMO. I've spent probably close to 8 hours with it so far and haven't had any connection issues or even crashes. There's bullet sponges sure, and definitely quite a bit of grinding if you're focusing on the DZ and hunting other players. However the "single" player portion is pretty darn good, especially with the option to run Ops with friends to mix things up. And of course the obligatory crafting system is actually somewhat intuitive and very useful if you need a leg-up equipment wise, it definitely helps lessen the grinding aspect.

Is it a perfect game? Definitely not. Is it super horrible and Ubisoft should be burned at the stake for releasing it? No, not this time. It's a decent (if somewhat overpriced) third person semi-tactical MMO-lite shooter with light RPG elements. It may be trying to wear too many hats and I may run out of content before I get my money's worth out of it, but it's definitely not "kill it with fire" bad or even comparable to a big time MMO time sink  like WoW.

Some will like it, some will love it and lots will judge it junk without actually taking some time to explore it. To each their own, right?

Wow best summary of the game ever