Best R9 390?

i am searching for a R9 390 card to put in my build. im thinking about the version of MSI, what do you guys think?

I love my MSI R9 390. It can get quite hot if you don't have good airflow in your case.

12 minutes ago, GamerPro11 said:

I love my MSI R9 390. It can get quite hot if you don't have good airflow in your case.

thank you, i have 5 120mm fans so that should be good

Sapphire is probably the best. 

MSI is good too. 

Sapphire cooler will perform better in closed case compare to MSI imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Sapphire, although overall it's temperature is the lowest of them all the VRMs arn't actively cooled. 

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

5 hours ago, Alexzz_ said:

i am searching for a R9 390 card to put in my build. im thinking about the version of MSI, what do you guys think?

SAPPHIRE is by far the best

Sapphire is the one I've heard

MSI, XFX and EVGA also have good iterations. 

Gigabyte and Powercolor have bad reps on the 390.  Both are notorious for overheat. 

16 minutes ago, terminal2 said:

Gigabyte and Powercolor have bad reps on the 390.  Both are notorious for overheat. 

Evga doesnt make amd cards

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

26 minutes ago, terminal2 said:

dude, don't bother responding if you don't actually know. 

This post is so wrong. 

3 hours ago, Alexokan said:

dude, don't bother responding if you don't actually know. 

This post is so wrong. 

Its because I was just researching the 390 and was comparing it to the 970.  My response was because what I found was the brands were consitent on both.  Gigabyte/Powercolor were bad and EVGA/XFX/MSI/Sapphire were good.  Didn't really notice EVGA didn't make AMD cards.  My advice still stands for both cards, minus EVGA for AMD.

Nice job jumping to conclusions though.

Another consideration: if you want to watercool at some stage, don't buy a sapphire; I've found out that they void warranty on cooler removal (also check with other brands. I know some brands do allow cooler replacement without voiding the warranty).

I'd throw in for sapphire, but if you can get something slightly older like a 290x you can get a vapour chamber cooler edition, which could be cheaper due to its' age and would probably be a good choice. Another suggestion is to wait until polaris makes the 300 series drop in price. Checking the prices in Australia, the highest price 390x is about $100 less than a nano (if you're thinking of 4k gaming).