Where can I find a cheap obd scanner for car for smartphones.

AlanAlan

I am getting into car tech and I noticed that obd scanners are great for diagnostics of the car. Where can I find one under $25 that works with smartphones.

I don't think there is one if you are going into car diagnostics as a business you should invest in a good computer or laptop and hardware as some of the cheap stuff doesn't work. Also driver issues are a pain so only do it if you are going to have the time to troubleshoot

(Talk from experience (dad does it))

Hello

16 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

I don't think there is one if you are going into car diagnostics as a business you should invest in a good computer or laptop and hardware as some of the cheap stuff doesn't work. Also driver issues are a pain so only do it if you are going to have the time to troubleshoot

(Talk from experience (dad does it))

It's not really for business its really for my personal use on my car.

Just find one off amazon with good reviews. If you have an iphone you need a wifi compatible one. Bluetooth will work on android and most are compatible with torque, though I find it painfully slow. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

10 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

What car is it?

5 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

2013  subaru wrx

If you're looking for a blue tooth OBD2 adapter to work with the Torque app, you probably won't find a good one under $100.

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters

If you don't have a Cobb AccessPort 3 yet for your wrx though, I highly suggest it. In addition to flashing new tunes, you can read/clear any codes, as well as do live monitoring and data logging of all the car's sensors.

just search for obd2 bluetooth on ebay.com, click free shipping and you are done for a few bucks.

I don't think you can get one for under $25 especially for a phone but check on eBay or Amazon and find one with good reviews.You might need to get 1 that only works with windows but you don't need a top of the range laptop. You can use any laptop that has at least 2GB ram. My dad used to use a Dell D630.

Hello

I use this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
I also use the Torque application. So far I used it on several GM cars and a Dodge ram. It will read anything that is obdII compliant, so no abs or manufacturer specific codes. Still, it works quite well. 

For anyone browsing this thread that has an Audi/VW this is the product to have:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

I could view and mess with anything of significance in my Audi A4.

Never tell me the odds.” Followed by:  “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Which leads to:  “It’s a trap!”

4 minutes ago, Audi_guy said:

For anyone browsing this thread that has an Audi/VW this is the product to have:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

I could view and mess with anything of significance in my Audi A4.

You should be very careful with software like that. One wrong move and it will cost you a lot of money. Only use it if you know what you are doing

Hello

36 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

You should be very careful with software like that. One wrong move and it will cost you a lot of money. Only use it if you know what you are doing

This is true. But that is what manuals are for + common sense. Read before hitting button X...

Never tell me the odds.” Followed by:  “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Which leads to:  “It’s a trap!”