Far Cry Primal map, the same map as Far Cry 4?

36 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Way to go Ubisoft!

But what id that is the point.

4 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

They just reskinned Far Cry 4 and now they are selling it for $60.

Could be linked. There similar for direct reasons that may be present in the campaign. They could be directly linked.

11 minutes ago, Atmos said:

The difference is GTA is supposed to be in the same area, and the layout is significantly different from the original with massive overhauls.

This has virtually the exact same layout as far cry 4, but the big difference is one is located in the Himalaya, in ASIA, and the other is located in centeral EUROPE, almost on the other side of the globe from each other.

How can he make a statement like that. This is for him & others who thumbs up his comment.

12241796_1293649693995555_3887564698558398952_n.jpg

It's posts like this that define the LTT forums. Now appearing on the March 4, 2016 WAN show...

Core i7 5820k 4.0Ghz (all 6 cores, Noctua NH-D15) | Asus X99-Deluxe | ZOTAC GeForce 980 Ti (water cooled) @ 1400 core/stock VRAM | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 | 1.5TB SSD | Corsair 400Q | eVGA Supernova G2 850 watt | Dell UltraSharp U2515H, 25.5" 1440p IPS

58 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I would say this is lazy, but there might be a logical reason to it. Maybe it's a direct connection to Far Cry 4? Possibly to show a different time period of the same area?

There is no connection. One game takes place in Europe, the other in the Himalaya's

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why people immediately think this is a bad thing. Here is something to think about.

Maybe these games are playing in the same universe... one in the future and one in the past.

Just now, Nisco3000 said:

Why people immediately think this is a bad thing. Here is something to think about.

Maybe these games are playing in the same universe... one in the future and one in the past.

They're in different areas of the world though.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

43 minutes ago, Demonking said:

How can he make a statement like that. This is for him & others who thumbs up his comment.

Who are you talking about, me or the person I quoted >.>

51 minutes ago, atrash said:

So are they actually trying to replicate the exact real world terrain of said location are they? No? So what's the real problem? 

No, they're not; but re-using the same god damned layout as before is plainly lazy. Take it from someone who works with this kind of stuff all the time, creating the landscape and figuring out where stuff should be is like the easiest god damned part of this kind of work, but they had to cheap out on that even and just smooth down the mountains, change the textures, replace trees with bushes and snow with sand, and BOOM WHOLE NEW MAP?!?!? RIGHT?!?!? No, that's not new at all... 

I can't fathom why anyone is okay with this, this just highlights how little ubisoft cares anymore about their games, and no matter what way you spin it, that's a fact.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

32 minutes ago, Nisco3000 said:

oh come on.  they did it to reduce costs in making the game.  that's the long and short of it.

whether that's good or bad is up for debate.  But let's call a spade a spade.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Doesn't bother me at all. Game is fun as hell and refreshing. Runs smoothly and looks gorgeous. I'd rather have the same map but with different gameplay than a new one that runs like dog shit.

People hate on Ubisoft too much IMO. And likely half the people complaining don't even own the game.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

This is hilarious and unbelievable how retarded they think gamers are omg....

9 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

This is hilarious and unbelievable how retarded they think gamers are omg....

Judging from how many people are apparently okay with this and don't see a problem here..... I'd say they're pretty successful at pulling it off.

I mean, if the game runs great and you enjoy it, good for you. But this is just lazy design work. Not to mention that the game itself, judging by TB's review, is fairly shallow and not very fleshed out. To me, this just adds to the credibility of the statement  "cheap money maker while AC is on the back burner".

Cool story but not enough phallic symbols in the map.

Also I bet Ubi will try to sell it as an eastern egg: It is the same map only one thousand years ago!

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think I know what ubisoft is doing.

Funding is low, and you want to make a game? well why not make a junk game, and get it super hyped up. Make cash off of it, use it to make the good game the following year. I will not be surprised if the next far cry is amazing.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Maybe they're using it as a story telling device to connect the two games together, much like the assassins' creed games characters share a lineage that ties seemingly unrelated stories together. just a though

or it could be that they are lazy pieces of shit who don't know how to properly optimize a PC game?

could be either really...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

17 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Cool story but not enough phallic symbols in the map.

Also I bet Ubi will try to sell it as an eastern egg: It is the same map only one thousand years ago!

It will be funny if they do that, because the two games take place on different continents. Just to see that they don't even know what's going on in their own games would be f**king hilarious.

7 minutes ago, beebskadoo said:

Maybe they're using it as a story telling device to connect the two games together, much like the assassins' creed games characters share a lineage that ties seemingly unrelated stories together. just a though

or it could be that they are lazy pieces of shit who don't know how to properly optimize a PC game?

could be either really...

I really need to edit the OP to say "Despite the fact that the two games take place on different continents"

wow you can't even deny it. they are so similar.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

It will be funny if they do that, because the two games take place on different continents. Just to see that they don't even know what's going on in their own games would be f**king hilarious.

I really need to edit the OP to say "Despite the fact that the two games take place on different continents"

I didn't realize the new game actually disclosed where it takes place, quite odd really.

But you are right and that would be fucking hilarious!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

Who are you talking about, me or the person I quoted >.>

No, they're not; but re-using the same god damned layout as before is plainly lazy. Take it from someone who works with this kind of stuff all the time, creating the landscape and figuring out where stuff should be is like the easiest god damned part of this kind of work, but they had to cheap out on that even and just smooth down the mountains, change the textures, replace trees with bushes and snow with sand, and BOOM WHOLE NEW MAP?!?!? RIGHT?!?!? No, that's not new at all... 

I can't fathom why anyone is okay with this, this just highlights how little ubisoft cares anymore about their games, and no matter what way you spin it, that's a fact.

the guy you quoted.

15 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

They'll go "Pangaea!" even if it's no accurate with the timeline.

-------

Current Rig

-------

19 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

They'll go "Pangaea!" even if it's no accurate with the timeline.

Not even remotely accurate or possible, in any and all universes

And I so hope they go there, and make themselves look like morons.

If Ubi had released primal like blood dragon at a lower price than FC4 it would've been somewhat excusable. But this is practically the same map with more foliage and less civilization which is being sold for full price. Which doesn't make sense.

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Just now, Headshot_ said:

If Ubi had released primal like blood dragon at a lower price than FC4 it would've been somewhat excusable. But this is practically the same map with more foliage and less civilization which is being sold for full price. Which doesn't make sense.

That being said the whole pre-historic early man gameplay mechanics are "new"(?), so there's that. 

They really aren't though. Just watch Total Biscuits review of the game. It seems quite shallow, and not very well thought out. Some things strike me as good ideas, like being able to build your own village etc, but it seems they did it in the most half-assed way possible.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

They really aren't though. Just watch Total Biscuits review of the game. It seems quite shallow, and not very well thought out. Some things strike me as good ideas, like being able to build your own village etc, but it seems they did it in the most half-assed way possible.

Well that explains why it released earlier than normal :/

Maybe if Ubisoft decided to stop making money-grab games they'd be respected (At least a little). EA has (kinda) got their shit together with need for speed 2015 and look at how well it's benefited them. 

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Just now, Headshot_ said:

Well that explains why it released earlier than normal :/

Maybe if Ubisoft decided to stop making money-grab games they'd be somewhat respected. EA has (kinda) got their shit together with need for speed 2015 and look at how well it's benefited them. 

I've been eyeballing that game. I want something good I can play in 5760x1080p. And a driving game sounds like good fun. I saw that they were supporting a crap-ton of PC friendly options in the game.

Ubi needs a severe sales loss, something to kick them in the ass and make them realize "oh wait, we're supposed to deliver GOOD products if we want peoples money".

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

I've been eyeballing that game. I want something good I can play in 5760x1080p. And a driving game sounds like good fun. I saw that they were supporting a crap-ton of PC friendly options in the game.

Ubi needs a severe sales loss, something to kick them in the ass and make them realize "oh wait, we're supposed to deliver GOOD products if we want peoples money".

I'm skeptical about buying The Fractured But Whole (If it ever releases) now.