Far Cry Primal map, the same map as Far Cry 4?

So, we already have a bit of buzz going on about Far Cry Primal, having some trouble. Nothing too terribly out of character these days for a Ubisoft title.

But wait, there's more, you may want popcorn, or a barf bag.

We can’t say that for certain, but there is some evidence pointing to the fact that Ubisoft might have recycled the map from Far Cry 4 and used it in Far Cry Primal. You could argue that it’s just a coincidence, but it’s hard to say what was the idea behind that decision – especially that the Himalayas and Central Europe are thousands kilometers apart.

In order to show you what we mean, we’ve prepared two pictures that present maps fromFar Cry 4 and Far Cry Primal. Water reservoirs and rivers have been marked with red lines. It’s easy to notice that the map from Primal has undergone small modifications – water reservoirs have been connected with streams and rivers, but others have been left untouched. Road nets are too similar as well. What’s more, areas that previously had bridges to cross the water, have now been replaced with water fords in some locations. It’s hard not to notice the general shape of the game world as well. Oh, and Takkar’s village is located in the exact same spot, where Far Cry 4 had one of the villages. That’s too much for a coincidence.

Far Cry 4 map

524558151.jpg

Far Cry Primal map

524558166.jpg

That looks a bit too similar to be coincidence in my opinion. This is just..... how lazy can a company get?

Source: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=563

***IMPORTANT NOTE: The two games take place on different continents. One in Asia, one in Europe.***

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

41 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

*snip*

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Edited by tobben
Please don't quote the op in long posts..

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

gg ubisoft

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I would say this is lazy, but there might be a logical reason to it. Maybe it's a direct connection to Far Cry 4? Possibly to show a different time period of the same area?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Great job Ubisoft! What a excellent way to ruin another franchise!

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I would say this is lazy, but there might be a logical reason to it. Maybe it's a direct connection to Far Cry 4? Possibly to show a different time period of the same area?

no. actual map is different, the basic layout isint

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, givingtnt said:

Like I said, maybe there's a logical reason to it. I don't really care for Ubisoft but maybe it's not because "they're lazy".

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, givingtnt said:

Yeah that's why i don't think this is an issues worth complaining about

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

And I thought they couldn't recycle it more. :D

Seriously, Primal should have been a €15 stand alone DLC like Blood Dragon.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

hasnt bothered anyone ingame yet so this layout being recycled seems like no big deal

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Next Ubisoft game: Far Cry: Recycle Dino's 5

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

The comparison is funny but I played FC4 so long ago I don't remember that map enough to care lol

Plus the game mechanics (no cars, planes, etc.) and overall design (more wilderness) are different enough to not be that big of a deal. Pretty sure most people wouldn't have noticed unless they sees these pictures...

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Sweet, that means I won't have to get this game, I'll just wait for people to mod FC4 into Primal.

GTA too uses the same map. I don't see the problem here. 

Lol they reskinned it like red and green koopas

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Nice! The lore behind Far Cry Primal seems even deeper and more connected to Far Cry 4 and possibly all of Ubisoft's other games than I had initially though. Still won't buy/play it.

7 minutes ago, atrash said:

GTA too uses the same map. I don't see the problem here. 

The difference is GTA is supposed to be in the same area, and the layout is significantly different from the original with massive overhauls.

This has virtually the exact same layout as far cry 4, but the big difference is one is located in the Himalaya, in ASIA, and the other is located in centeral EUROPE, almost on the other side of the globe from each other.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

They just reskinned Far Cry 4 and now they are selling it for $60.

I was hoping Far Cry Primal to be a standalone expansion , like Blood Dragon was to FC3. But nope , full AAA title. God damn it Ubisoft.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Just now, Atmos said:

The difference is GTA is supposed to be in the same area, and the layout is significantly different from the original with massive overhauls.

This has virtually the exact same layout as far cry 4, but the big difference is one is located in the Himalaya, in ASIA, and the other is located in centeral EUROPE, almost on the other side of the globe from each other.

So are they actually trying to replicate the exact real world terrain of said location are they? No? So what's the real problem?