Quantum Break's cutscenes require internet connection - Streamed video

Samfisher

Was VERY interested in getting this, but not after this bullshit. I'm out :(

Wankers

1 minute ago, Lazmarr said:

Why exactly is this a problem?

Consoles get more space on their disc for better textures/better game.

PC players should have a decent internet connection anyway since it's likely to be a 50+ GB download.

I don't see a problem since we get an exclusive 4K option and it's not really DRM since the cutscenes are TIED to the TV show so would have to be streamed anyway.

Consoles get to preload the game, including the cutscenes, which means through the internet not just discs.  There isn't even an option for PC users to say they just want to have 480p video on their PC without needing a constant internet connection.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Wow they really want to not only rove they appear to want to aggravate PC gamer but also to make another big title dive bomb....sounds like it going to worse than the failed launch of 'rise of the tomb raider'... 

Well done MS really working hard on making PC gaming great again for the what 5th time... 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

This has actually nothing to do with DRM the game cut scenes are an entire TV show that change depending on how you play.
It would be simply impossible to do on PC with DVD's and I doubt people want to download 30-50GB on top of the game.

If we would finally get Blu-Ray on PC we wouldn't have this problem...

RTX2070OC 

10 minutes ago, JasonRoGo said:

This has actually nothing to do with DRM the game cut scenes are an entire TV show that change depending on how you play.
It would be simply impossible to do on PC with DVD's and I doubt people want to download 30-50GB on top of the game.

You're still downloading since it's streaming.  So not only are you still downloading 30-50 GB of cut scenes, you'll download it multiple times if you plan on playing more than once.  So essentially instead of just downloading 30-50 GB once, you could download over 100 GB if you play more than once or twice.

13 minutes ago, JasonRoGo said:

So, consoles downloading an extra 30-50GB is perfectly fine in comparison?  This is not just what comes in discs, this is happening for the console preload as well.  They can preload everything!

Stop whining, we all know pixelart is awesome! At least that's what people with shitty internet can tell themselves, while the salt in their tears stains their cheeks.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Notional said:

Stop whining, we all know pixelart is awesome! At least that's what people with shitty internet can tell themselves, while the salt in their tears stains their cheeks.

Good pixel art is awesome as hell.  Thing is people think pixelated = pixel art.

Why are people ragging on MS? 

Couldn;t it be Remedy who decided on this as @Samfisher said?

On topic tho, I have no idea why they decided to do this. :/ is there any real logical explanation for this?

Norafuq!

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Well that is just outright silly, for a single player game it means it looses a ton of value the moment micky soft says fuck it, bye with the videos. Not to likely to happen, but it is still something to keep in mind.

Guess some one will figure out how to download said movies and put them into the game though, guess what version that would be...

I literally have not illegally downloaded a single game in 5-6 years time, but damn things like this make me want to, don't punish your customers FFS.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

just wait for the better pirated version, let the honest customers get buttfucked

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

If people make enough noise at Phil Spencer over on Twitter maybe something will happen.

It should be noted that "get more discs" is not an option. The Xbox 1 currently does not support multi-disc games. This issue is what is preventing games like Lost Odyssey from being backwards compatible.

Keep on digging, Microfucks.... Keep on digging....

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

11 hours ago, Carde said:

Well that is just outright silly, for a single player game it means it looses a ton of value the moment micky soft says fuck it, bye with the videos. Not to likely to happen, but it is still something to keep in mind.

Not too likely?  Do you not remember Games for Windows Live?  Do you not remember numerous other companies that had mandatory online for single player games simply shutting down the servers cause it doesn't make money anymore?  All those people who bought the game suddenly can't play it anymore, cause the servers are gone.  I forget which game it was, but there was one game that was still being actively advertised for, that couldn't be played because the servers were shut down.  But they weren't about to stop selling it.

Microsoft not only has done this before, but has done this multiple times.  And they will do it again.  How long will these videos be hosted?  When will the decide that it just isn't worth it anymore?  Will they continue selling the game even though it can't be played?  How about when they start doing this with more games?  What is to stop them from essentially just turning off the old game when the new one comes out?  Oh, you were playing that Halo 5/6/7 game, well, the newest Halo is out, so it looks like all the old servers are down, and now you will have to buy the new game or simply not play.  Oh but don't worry, you will be able to play the old story from the new game, you just have to fork over an extra fee.  How long until there is a Gold for Windows Live gaming, and you have to pay a monthly fee, to even play the single player games you buy?

When you give ground, you don't get it back from companies or governments.  If they take an inch, its their inch now.  They won't ever give it back.  So the more we put up with now, means the less we will have later.  And they will have all the power when we want it changed.

2 hours ago, ChineseChef said:

Not too likely?  Do you not remember Games for Windows Live?  Do you not remember numerous other companies that had mandatory online for single player games simply shutting down the servers cause it doesn't make money anymore?  All those people who bought the game suddenly can't play it anymore, cause the servers are gone.  I forget which game it was, but there was one game that was still being actively advertised for, that couldn't be played because the servers were shut down.  But they weren't about to stop selling it.

Microsoft not only has done this before, but has done this multiple times.  And they will do it again.  How long will these videos be hosted?  When will the decide that it just isn't worth it anymore?  Will they continue selling the game even though it can't be played?  How about when they start doing this with more games?  What is to stop them from essentially just turning off the old game when the new one comes out?  Oh, you were playing that Halo 5/6/7 game, well, the newest Halo is out, so it looks like all the old servers are down, and now you will have to buy the new game or simply not play.  Oh but don't worry, you will be able to play the old story from the new game, you just have to fork over an extra fee.  How long until there is a Gold for Windows Live gaming, and you have to pay a monthly fee, to even play the single player games you buy?

When you give ground, you don't get it back from companies or governments.  If they take an inch, its their inch now.  They won't ever give it back.  So the more we put up with now, means the less we will have later.  And they will have all the power when we want it changed.

yeah i was one of  those, bought Age of Empires Online (i know it was f2p, but not initially, at first you had to pay for one of the 2 available civs if you wanted to play, then it became free to play, and honestly, even after that i bought MS point to get the vanity gear and other Civs), loved that game, had every civilization, all maxed out, with astonishing beautiful home towns, more than a thousand hours spent on it. Just to see i get shut down cause it was tied to gfwl ad gfwl was shutting down. Saddest day of my life, probably the last rts i'll ever play, and the reason that will keep my hate for Microshaft for ever alive

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>