AMD has gained GPU Market Share last quarter

CtW
55 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

he wants them to die and there to be a monopoly for some reason 

I don't agree with this ideal on the market, but anyway I wish to put those troll battle aside to keep the mind on the tech subjects at hand. If he's really a troll, I'd recommand the classical approach to ignore him and let him tire down. 
This said, from what I read from @zMeul, while being irritating he still sometimes provides legit points to debate. Even if this is always against AMD. Zmeul if you are a troll you know the warning. If you aren't a troll, make yourself less irritating, because I feel you could contribute the community better that way. Or you might end up being reported all the time if you don't.

13 minutes ago, Thiback said:

This said, from what I read from @zMeul, while being irritating he still sometimes provides legit points to debate. Even if this is always against AMD. Zmeul if you are a troll you know the warning. If you aren't a troll, make yourself less irritating, because I feel you could contribute the community better that way. Or you might end up being reported all the time if you don't.

WHAT?!

and you wonder why I "sound" irritating :dry:

last time I checked, being irritating wasn't against terms of use .. so, why exactly are you reporting me for?

I'm not reporting you for anything and I won't ever because like you I don't think you go against the terms of use. AND I THINK YOU SOMETIMES PROVIDE VALUABLE IMPUT SO DONT BASH ME. I'm warning you that since a lot of people don't like you, people will probably end up rage reporting you, because you sound biased.

Just don't start bashing on me for stuff I warned you about. 

This is the last post I'll make regarding this conflict in which I tried to be a mediator.

On 1 March 2016 at 8:38 PM, dalekphalm said:

My HD 7950 still kicking. I only just upgraded my i7-920 equiv Xeon, and that wasn't even for performance reasons - just for software/os/driver compatibility reasons (and to get USB 3.0, etc). It's almost annoying how well my 7950 has held up, because I haven't had a reason to upgrade yet :P

On 1 March 2016 at 8:41 PM, ONOTech said:

My 7950 is doing great at 1440p. I think it's one of the best investments I made. I can still OC it to 280X/7970 speeds if I really want to. :D 

I've got the 7950, Sapphire model. I've overclocked it to 7970 speeds. It plays well on 1080p/1440p. :D:D 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

On 3/1/2016 at 3:38 PM, dalekphalm said:

My HD 7950 still kicking. I only just upgraded my i7-920 equiv Xeon, and that wasn't even for performance reasons - just for software/os/driver compatibility reasons (and to get USB 3.0, etc). It's almost annoying how well my 7950 has held up, because I haven't had a reason to upgrade yet :P

OMG UR JUS LIKE CONSUL GMURZ HOLNG BAK TEH GAMUN INDSTRY!!!!11!

I'm just kidding mate.

9 hours ago, Thiback said:

I don't agree with this ideal on the market, but anyway I wish to put those troll battle aside to keep the mind on the tech subjects at hand. If he's really a troll, I'd recommand the classical approach to ignore him and let him tire down. 

Sometime ago, there was this:

L1HIDDg.jpg

So yea, many weren't too fond of zMuel constantly adding his toxic words to his threads to spur chaos. But that was already in the past. These days, even though you can tell that he isn't too fond of AMD. Its far away from what he does in the past. And that's a really big improvement. You don't really see much of "There goes zMuel again" anymore in his threads. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

This thread went off-topic really fast. xD

Good job, AMD! A small improvement, but they're still far behind nVidia. Maybe things will shift in favor of AMD a lot more once games that take advantage of async computing are released on the market. That is, until nVidia actually makes decent cards for this and goes back up to 70-80%.

This isn't raw market share, this is based off of shipments, so market share of NEW units sold preceding quarter.

AMD has been and still is keeping raw market share from the vast amount of USED boards cycling around the market since the 290/ 290x farming due to mining. When the remnants of that bubble grinds down, (it has already died down in US but not in many parts of Europe) you'll start to see more NEW market share being gained.

Because let's face it, a used 290x for $150-$200 is a hell of a lot better deal than a 390 for $300, even if the 390 is king of value among NEW cards.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

8 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

This isn't raw market share, this is based off of shipments, so market share of NEW units sold preceding quarter.

AMD has been and still is keeping raw market share from the vast amount of USED boards cycling around the market since the 290/ 290x farming due to mining. When the remnants of that bubble grinds down, (it has already died down in US but not in many parts of Europe) you'll start to see more NEW market share being gained.

Because let's face it, a used 290x for $150-$200 is a hell of a lot better deal than a 390 for $300, even if the 390 is king of value among NEW cards.

That's a good point.

I wonder if any of these agencies have calculated raw marketshare for AMD, including both new and used cards? I would like to see how much extra % AMD gains from that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Nice. Good boost until they show their new hardware.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |