any news on a new RGB K95 corsair keyboards?

Teletha

I was thinking of buying the http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/landing/k95-rgb but i wonder if they've said anything about maybe updating it for whatever reason in the near 5 months? just want to be sure if any1 have heard anything since it is quite pricy would be sad to see a updated version a month later.. =/

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

None that I've heard of. The k95 rgb is pretty perfect so if they'll change something with their keyboards, it'll probably be a strafe with macro keys.

Just now, flexluthor said:

None that I've heard of. The k95 rgb is pretty perfect so if they'll change something with their keyboards, it'll probably be a strafe with macro keys.

nice then im set. im have the first k95 the first release version it has been with me since now kinda want rgb. my old k95 will be perfect for my work at the office :)  Thanks again!

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

Just now, RaW D Coy said:

nice then im set. im have the first k95 the first release version it has been with me since now kinda want rgb. my old k95 will be perfect for my work at the office :)  Thanks again!

You're very welcome, I love my k95 RGB :D 

On 2/26/2016 at 6:24 AM, RaW D Coy said:

I cant say anything more then trust me you should wait. If you want to know why go download the newest version of CUE and look under the device folder :D 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

I am hoping they update it. Right now it has a second usb plug that is needed if you only have usb 2.0. However if you have usb 3.0 then you have an extra usb plug already wired into it so the least they could do is make a usb port on the keyboard and offer direct passthrough. Also some damn mic & headphone ports with a cable path on the underside of the keyboard would be appreciated. And hell maybe update the damn usb plugs from 2.0 to 3.0 so you could have 3.0 passthrough...

But I guess asking for something from the past 5 years is a bit much for "gaming" technology.

Overall I love my k95 and consider it to be the best on the market but some of the things corsair did to it are just stupid.

19 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I am hoping they update it. Right now it has a second usb plug that is needed if you only have usb 2.0. However if you have usb 3.0 then you have an extra usb plug already wired into it so the least they could do is make a usb port on the keyboard and offer direct passthrough. Also some damn mic & headphone ports with a cable path on the underside of the keyboard would be appreciated. And hell maybe update the damn usb plugs from 2.0 to 3.0 so you could have 3.0 passthrough...

But I guess asking for something from the past 5 years is a bit much for "gaming" technology.

Overall I love my k95 and consider it to be the best on the market but some of the things corsair did to it are just stupid.

I dont think there is going to be a 3.0 pass through as its meant to connect  mouse or headset. Not your blazing fast Flash drive, but it would be a nice touch.

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

1 hour ago, Zheren159 said:

I dont think there is going to be a 3.0 pass through as its meant to connect  mouse or headset. Not your blazing fast Flash drive, but it would be a nice touch.

Why shouldn't it have 10x the connection speed to shave a few milliseconds off your response time? And what if you want to connect a hub to your direct passthrough? There is no reason you couldn't have 10x the transfer speed.

Usb 3.0 is not expensive! It probably costs the exact same as a usb 2.0 plug to make and you can bet your ass I'm going to count against not using it in 2016! It is like if someone tried to pass off a ps/2 port at this point, almost. I'm going to start telling "gaming" companies to gtfo for it.

8 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Why shouldn't it have 10x the connection speed to shave a few milliseconds off your response time? And what if you want to connect a hub to your direct passthrough? There is no reason you couldn't have 10x the transfer speed.

Usb 3.0 is not expensive! It probably costs the exact same as a usb 2.0 plug to make and you can bet your ass I'm going to count against not using it in 2016! It is like if someone tried to pass off a ps/2 port at this point, almost. I'm going to start telling "gaming" companies to gtfo for it.

Im not saying theres no reason or its a unreasonable request. I just dont think it would be worth having a beefier controller chip to handle 3.0. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

On 2/26/2016 at 4:23 AM, flexluthor said:

K95 is hardly perfect... It's decent for what it is, but it's definitely not a perfect board...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

Im not saying theres no reason or its a unreasonable request. I just dont think it would be worth having a beefier controller chip to handle 3.0. 

Yes because usb 3.0 is so much work. It is soooo much harder to include in $200 devices because it costs at least an extra 15 cents to work with.

9 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Yes because usb 3.0 is so much work. It is soooo much harder to include in $200 devices because it costs at least an extra 15 cents to work with.

extra 15 cents. your kidding me. what, you think Corsair makes their own chips in their fabs. Or that other companies that make the chips arent going to mark up the 3.0 chip. Its called they have to buy this stuff from other companies that want to make money. You know the thing people make to live.

You think LTT goes "it will cost us 100$ to make this vid for some company lets charge them 100$. Yea! this will get hep us keep the lights on. In the mean time let me pay my employees with Thumbs Ups."

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

On 2/29/2016 at 1:04 PM, Zheren159 said:

extra 15 cents. your kidding me. what, you think Corsair makes their own chips in their fabs. Or that other companies that make the chips arent going to mark up the 3.0 chip. Its called they have to buy this stuff from other companies that want to make money. You know the thing people make to live.

You think LTT goes "it will cost us 100$ to make this vid for some company lets charge them 100$. Yea! this will get hep us keep the lights on. In the mean time let me pay my employees with Thumbs Ups."

You think some company can charge $100 for usb 3.0 instead of the 15 cents it costs and Corsair will pay it instead of going to someone selling it for 20 cents? If you honestly believe that I have a box of raisin bran I would like to sell you for $100. Buy it or starve. Or you know... go to the store and get one for $3.

On 27-2-2016 at 11:54 PM, Zheren159 said:

I cant say anything more then trust me you should wait. If you want to know why go download the newest version of CUE and look under the device folder :D 

Can you be more specific what you did "see" in the device folder, since i dont own anything of corsair.

I wanted to buy the K95 but now i dont know if i should wait or not.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

On 3/2/2016 at 1:52 AM, Cruorzy said:

Can you be more specific what you did "see" in the device folder, since i dont own anything of corsair.

I wanted to buy the K95 but now i dont know if i should wait or not.

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

21 minutes ago, Zheren159 said:

No No Ive already said to much. You can download CUE here

With some luck i managed to install it on a pc on work to take a quick look but i dont see anything unique that is new.

Could be me but i also checked all images, and all the "devices" are also listed on their website.

With exeption for a strafe_rgb that im not that interested in.

If that is what you meant tell me so i can edit it later out ;)

4 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

With some luck i managed to install it on a pc on work to take a quick look but i dont see anything unique that is new.

Could be me but i also checked all images, and all the "devices" are also listed on their website.

With exeption for a strafe_rgb that im not that interested in.

If that is what you meant tell me so i can edit it later out ;)

oh uh in that case "trust me you should wait"

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

Just now, Zheren159 said:

oh uh in that case "trust me you should wait"

Well okay then :), If the wait was not worth it ill be coming back for you ;)

Thanks mate.

Just now, Cruorzy said:

Well okay then :), If the wait was not worth it ill be coming back for you ;)

Thanks mate.

meh who knows if youll find the wait worth.  Tbh idk how long the wait will be

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

Just now, Zheren159 said:

meh who knows if youll find the wait worth.  Tbh idk how long the wait will be

I see, but since i dont really "need" a new keyboard, and i really like corsair their stuff i still want to wait for the newest thing to get.

Only i hope that they release some other mice, since i like the design but i needs to be just a bit different with the buttons placement ;)