750Ti or some AMD equivalent for a budget GPU?

CorgiJam

I have a choice between a GTX 750 Ti and some other similarly priced AMD GPU, but I know nothing about AMD GPUs and whether any are decent at this price point. 

Could I have a bit of help/a suggestion?

I have 750 (not TI variant) and I find it good enough for gaming from time to time on medium/high 1080p 30/60. Nothing spectacular, but you can game normally with it :) For AMD I wouldn't know I'd just advice you not to because of previous bad experiences ( But that's just my opinion ).

About me | Blog 

On the green side the budget one now would be gtx 950

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF | 

R7 370 is the faster AMD equivalent.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

The R7 260X beats the 750Ti.

Same with the R7 265/R7 370.

nope

the 750ti is better than the 260x while using 3x less power

the 265 is better than the 750ti, but you can OC the 750ti way more due to its amazingly low power consumption and heat output, so if youre lucky you can get one to perform better than the 265

the 370 is definitely better than the 750ti

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

nope

the 750ti is better than the 260x while using 3x less power

the 265 is better than the 750ti, but you can OC the 750ti way more due to its amazingly low power consumption and heat output

the 370 is definitely better than the 750ti

Sorry...

Raw speed goes to the 260X:  http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-R7-260X/2187vs3151

The R7 265 and R7 370 are the same GPU; the 370 being better utilized of course.

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Sorry...

Raw speed goes to the 260X:  http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-R7-260X/2187vs3151

The R7 265 and R7 370 are the same GPU; the 370 being better utilized of course.

lol thats not even real benchmarks

maybe you didnt know, but that website is not any kind of valid proof that one product performs better than another

NEVER use userbenchmark to compare performance

here are REAL benchmarks

Arma3-FR.png

BF4.png

750-Ti-Benchmarks.png

Test1.png

Yeah "sorry" you're wrong

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

lol that not even real benchmarks

maybe you didnt know, but that website is not any kind of valid proof that one product performs better than another

NEVE use userbenchmark to compare performance

here are REAL benchmarks

Yeah "sorry" you're wrong

Bah, you suck.  :)

Just now, stconquest said:

Bah, you suck.  :)

lol xD

Spoiler

1 hour ago, CorgiJam said:

I have a choice between a GTX 750 Ti and some other similarly priced AMD GPU, but I know nothing about AMD GPUs and whether any are decent at this price point. 

Could I have a bit of help/a suggestion?

The r7 265 should be around that price point. Or maybe cheaper but definitely faster than the 750 Ti. Amazingly the 265 is cheaper than the 750 Ti in my area. So it was pretty obvious which gpu I was going with for the secondary PC. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case