The LG G5 is here.

Nineshadow

Eh looks ugly IMO. I see LG trying new ideas but i dont think this will ever take off in the market as its mostly like "paying extra for new features concept". It may appeal to very specific people but definitely not genreal consumers

LOL 2800 mah battery? what can you do with that snap 820 + dual camera if the phone is dead?

They could put 3500-3800 mah battery in there and there would be no need for external battery module.

Also they must have made it's screen OLED! Samsung does pretty amazing job making it's phones with Samoled displays.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

29 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

The battery is not tiny. It' just 200mAh smaller. Not that big of a difference compared to the older 3000 mAh.

Also , I think the phone looks great. From the front especially. The back looks a lot like the Nexus 6P.

I think from the front it looks like the ugliest G series phone to date.

Also it's tiny. It's smaller than every generation before it. Going backwards.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

I think from the front it looks like the ugliest G series phone to date.

Also it's tiny. It's smaller than every generation before it. Going backwards.

Some images:

Spoiler

lg-g5-mwc-201602-20_1125vlad-savov.0.png

lg-g5-mwc-201602-20_1123vlad-savov.0.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

Some images:

Hide contents

omg it's also larger than g4 while packing smaller battery and screen. holy shit it's bad. also that bezel is ugly as fuck g3 had a smaller bezel.

2014-06-23-123523.jpeg?1384968217

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This is not a good looking phone, that's really all you can say on that front. The bulbous camera hump is dumb, why not fill out the rear of the phone?

are people really crying over their phones not being 5.2mm thick and instead being 7mm so they don't look bad? 

Sony seems to get this. Samsung is moving towards no bump. I just don't get how these designers think it's good. It's bad for all brands who do it. 

The hot swapping is a high level gimmick. It'll be amazing for one generation at best, no one else is going to bother incorporating such features as a vast majority of your consumer base does not care about these things. 

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Honestly , the front looks like a more rounded LG G3 to me. With 2.5D glass.

And it's not as big as the LG G4. It' as tall as the LG G4 but less wide.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I can't be the only one who really likes the way this phone looks.

:D You're not the alone.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

6 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Some images:

Hide contents

That fingerprint scanner bump looks like annoying mosquito bite.

Overall I find the phone to be ugly and meh. Unless the phone is going to sell as much as the iphone or even Samsung flagships, the modularity part is not going to take off/sell that well in the long run. But kudos for the innovation from LG.

4 minutes ago, atrash said:

But kudos for the innovation from LG.

not innovation, gimmick.

Spoiler

Disappointed that there is no app drawer

Also the fact that there is only a 2800 mAh battery 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

So, they screwed up with the launcher..... WHY!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

7 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

That's why they let you buy more batteries. :P

I guess people could make some sort of battery case thingy that plugs right into this, right? Replace the battery with something huge and bulky.

The ugly camera bump totally kills it for me. All bumps in the back side of smartphones need to go away. :(

By the way, anyone else chuckling at the irony of LG making that camera accessory with a huge hump on the back considering that they made fun of Apple's horrible battery case with a hump?

3 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

By the way, anyone else chuckling at the irony of LG making that camera accessory with a huge hump on the back considering that they made fun of Apple's horrible battery case with a hump?

Unlike Apple they added some functionality into it.

But yeah , it is pretty ironic.

1 hour ago, asim1999 said:

Was watching the LG G5 video that Android Authority posted about some of the add ons. The camera add on also has a 1200mah battery in that module. Would be nice if all of the modules came with a battery inside as well.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I like the removable battery and fingerprint scanner, but no rear buttons? That's the part I like the most, hope it returns in G6, I might pick it up then.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I came a little bit. 

I bet this thing is going to cost a pretty penny though. However, I believe it's a step in the right direction for phones. 

It for sure it unique.. The front looks ok but the back is ugly imo, not to do with the look/color but just the camera layout. A case may make it look better a little, but yeah

The smaller screen size and battery is a negative for me, as I LOVE big screens.

It still has a removable battery, which I actually use a lot on my G4, so kudos for that

Always on display is actually really cool, i would really like that.

The new skin is ugly imo too, but flashing cm13 or something onto that would fix it, but I guess remove the AOD and few other things.

But with everything considered, would it be my next phone? Probably not, tbh

If anything, my next phone would be a Nexus 6p or whatever is next from nexus. Im not a hater on LG or the G5, it would probably be my second or third choice actually, but i'd still buy a Nexus far over any phone tbh lol

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Unibody, removable battery, optional module for Hi-Fi, looks pretty decent, reminds me and many others of a Nexus phone, and 4GB of ram.  Excellent.  This could replace my M8, but still want to see the iPhone 7 as well.

My last three phones have all been LG phones (G2, G3, and currently the V10). They're fantastic phones. They looked great, packed amazing specs and a relatively good battery life, and moved the buttons to the back, which I love dearly. Now we have the G5, which is cool...? I mean, they moved the buttons back to their normal positions, which is honestly disappointing, and made the phone look kind of ugly tbh. It's all metal, so that's cool! And it does pack some cool features. Magic Slot is pretty neat I guess. 

Mixed bag of feelings with the G5. Not sure if I'll choose it for my next phone of choice...

COMIC SANS

1 minute ago, TopWargamer said:

snip

47 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

snip

It's only the volume buttons that have been moved to the side. The power button is integrated into the fingerprint scanner (or vice versa I guess).