Shocking discovery about Windows 10

Johnny09

Even my tinfoil hat wearing ass doesn't write shit this poorly.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

14 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

Point to disable all spying and unecessary connections to microsoft,bing and other.

If you are not concerned about privacy then ignore this tread.

I am not tin foil hat,spying is confirmed and microsoft is not hiding it.

and until they show us all details about encrypted data they are gathering offcourse i dont believe them...yep we are good guys from microsoft let us to earn billions on your data aahahahaa just use our system and system will send everything to data centre and easy money.

Point is to put microsoft to wall of shame, to crussify them as Jesus until they remember who i am.

to enable privacy on future of pc users windows 10

Yeah no.

And in no way is this "shocking news" either.

I am concerned about privacy but this is taking it to far just as the other dozen or so off the mark posts in the forum in this subject.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Yeah no.

And in no way is this "shocking news" either.

I am concerned about privacy but this is taking it to far just as the other dozen or so off the mark posts in the forum in this subject.

Privacy, and it possibly being a security hole. Nothing on the internet is every 100% secure.

5 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Privacy, and it possibly being a security hole. Nothing on the internet is every 100% secure.

Of course, I agree. 

I just don't like this constant bashing on MS specifically because its just MS. Apple and Google do this hit just as much and as I have pointed out numerous time it took a court order to get Apple and Google to admit to doing it. MS has not really made a direct way to hide it.

But I digress this is a tiring arguement debate and I am not sure I want to go the route of repeating myself all over again.

To the OP @Johnny09 go search the forum for this same subject and read all the replies and then close this thread. Its a massive headache.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Of course, I agree. 

I just don't like this constant bashing on MS specifically because its just MS. Apple and Google do this hit just as much and as I have pointed out numerous time it took a court order to get Apple and Google to admit to doing it. MS has not really made a direct way to hide it.

But I digress this is a tiring argument and I am not sure I want to go the route of repeating myself all over again.

To the OP go search the forum for this same subject and read all the replies and then close this thread. Its a massive headache.

The only difference I note here, is that one can actually do a lot of things, without using Google or Apple products. Want to game without Windows? Good luck with that.

I'm going to go the fun route and just build a second rig for Linux, do all my browsing/"other stuff" on their, and then wipe this system and update it to W10, and use it for ONLY gaming.

(I say fun route, because it's an excuse to build a second rig. Which we all know is fun)

1 hour ago, Johnny09 said:

People need to care or they will destroy human rights even more in future, they are going to that and corporations like sheeps and ignorant users

You're blowing this so far out of proportion it's freaking hilarious. THERE ISN'T ANY SENSITIVE DATA TRANSMITTED.

My god, you should probably be more worried about going on the internet and checking your email as opposed to Windows 10.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

No NTP requests? 

I'm bored of this topic now.

You will likely have disabled some critical service that Windows relies on to be able to function correctly (just because you haven't had any "problems" doesn't mean they likely won't happen).

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Even my tinfoil hat wearing ass doesn't write shit this poorly.

I honestly think that says something pretty big xD

Dont forget to use my method if you want enchanced privacy on windows 10

enjoy people all data is clean with guide videos,and images

i am here to give you this amazing method.. no more microsoft or bing connections or packets inside network

Now I am doubly suspicious.   The thread was dying off and slipping off the page so the guys comes back and bumps it.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Just now, KWelz said:

Now I am doubly suspicious.   The thread was dying off and slipping off the page so the guys comes back and bumps it.  

You dont have any logical reason to be suspicious. My discovery is on many pages on internet and nobody is reporting any problem.  Problem is that people are too paranoid without reason.

everyone can download that data and with basic knowledge to see is there any malware.There is no any malicious file jus a basic avi video guide, known programs, pictures. Everything can be easily scanned ob vurus total and compared to regular pafe for download those files.

I am here for any help,suggestion. I assure you that my pc is working fine for almost two months and my method is working flawless. i had also monitored traffic with Wireshark and there is no any microsoft or Bing traffic so we had inproved privacy

WOW... thats some serious foil dude... its not healthy to have that much foil...

i present to you my glasswire blacklist that has every new win10 process blocked (oh, and diagtrack completely removed)

2afd891e5f.png

now please put the tinfoil fedora away and go do something useful with your life, like contribute to linux...

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

WOW... thats some serious foil dude... its not healthy to have that much foil...

i present to you my glasswire blacklist that has every new win10 process blocked (oh, and diagtrack completely removed)

2afd891e5f.png

now please put the tinfoil fedora away and go do something useful with your life, like contribute to linux...

Ok you have nice blacklist,thats nice. Good job, but dont attack my discovery man.

I had to block many things because wireshark was reporting microsoft spy packets and bing. now its perfect.

people should embrace this data and enjoy do not be like some lazy granny take your privacy on win 10. THERE IS NO BETTER METHOD than johnny serbia man method 

Just now, Johnny09 said:

Ok you have nice blacklist,thats nice. Good job, but dont attack my discovery man.

I had to block many things because wireshark was reporting microsoft spy packets and bing. now its perfect.

people should embrace this data and enjoy do not be like some lazy granny take your privacy on win 10. THERE IS NO BETTER METHOD than johnny serbia man method 

and google does the exact same thing, so does apple, and everyone else with a large user base.

and i'm not sure what else you're blocking, because with this stuff blocked theres actually no physical packets going over the network if it isnt my own stuff...

sidenote, stealing skype contacts? are you not aware your skype account is stored on MS servers already because MS kinda... owns skype?

you need to seriously go sit in the corner, put the foil away, and think about what you did for a while, grab some sense, and stop the endless clickbaity negativity.

Just now, Danks said:

You can stop Windows 10 from spying on you with this one weird trick that Microsoft hates.

I do not uderestimate you guys..you also have very nice methods,,i am using my amazing method for almost 2 months pc is working flawless not a single crash, instabillity, literally everything is working fine. So this is proven method and trustworthy i am recommend this for single pc config. I did not test it on multiple connected pc-s with shared connection. Wireshark cannot lie.... there is no microsoft anymore or bing.. and i had updated what you need to block...even when you open win10 start meny it will connect in background its fixed and prevented now.

Just now, manikyath said:

and google does the exact same thing, so does apple, and everyone else with a large user base.

and i'm not sure what else you're blocking, because with this stuff blocked theres actually no physical packets going over the network if it isnt my own stuff...

sidenote, stealing skype contacts? are you not aware your skype account is stored on MS servers already because MS kinda... owns skype?

you need to seriously go sit in the corner, put the foil away, and think about what you did for a while, grab some sense, and stop the endless clickbaity negativity.

Many more things are conecting and trying to send mini packets. wireshark has detected it as soon i opened start meny. use it and you will see your blocking is not enough black list and regular programs are not enough thats why i am using windows firewall control to block almost 99 percent of system connections.

So do not bash my method without reason. THIS IS BEST METHOD on internet share my method, enjoy as me.

8 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

Many more things are conecting and trying to send mini packets. wireshark has detected it as soon i opened start meny. use it and you will see your blocking is not enough black list and regular programs are not enough thats why i am using windows firewall control to block almost 99 percent of system connections.

So do not bash my method without reason. THIS IS BEST METHOD on internet share my method, enjoy as me.

i will, specially for you, try right here and right now if opening start menu sends any packet.

if it doesnt, to me you're nothing better than straight up a "mycrasuft tek sappurt" scammer.

(PS: you know some of the stuff in win10 actually needs internet access for legitimate reasons right?)

EDIT: sorry bro, nothing, nothing at all.

18 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

You're blowing this so far out of proportion it's freaking hilarious. THERE ISN'T ANY SENSITIVE DATA TRANSMITTED.

My god, you should probably be more worried about going on the internet and checking your email as opposed to Windows 10.

Thanks for that gem, didn't read all of OP's posts but that one is hilarious! Comparing MS telemetry to a breach of human rights? lolll

OP obviously doesn't know what he's doing, what he found isn't "shocking", "new" or "the best on the interwebs" lol that's just another guy that knows some basics but not enough to realize how retarded that whole thing is!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

29 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Thanks for that gem, didn't read all of OP's posts but that one is hilarious! Comparing MS telemetry to a breach of human rights? lolll

OP obviously doesn't know what he's doing, what he found isn't "shocking", "new" or "the best on the interwebs" lol that's just another guy that knows some basics but not enough to realize how retarded that whole thing is!

I am saying again hundreds time already...data is ENCRYPTED so nobody except microsoft dont know what is collected. It is SHOCKING that system works amazing without 99 percent of connections and only 2 allowed ones.NOBODY was have this idea except me, and dont devalve my method!!!!! wireshark tells everything no microsof nothing amazing condition

15 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

I am saying again hundreds time already...data is ENCRYPTED so nobody except microsoft dont know what is collected. It is SHOCKING that system works amazing without 99 percent of connections and only 2 allowed ones.NOBODY was have this idea except me, and dont devalve my method!!!!! wireshark tells everything no microsof nothing amazing condition

- its encrypted so the people on the internetz cant see your data, google does the same thing.

- because 99% of what the system does doesnt show up for the user, but can be very mission critical (example: NTP)

- a lot of people know this, and the guys over at spybot have released an application that kicks all the bad stuff right in the knees.

- wireshark shows you encrypted packets, congrats, you're a script kiddie.

19 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

You have NO idea of what you're talking about, NONE!!!

see what @manikyath replied

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

23 hours ago, Johnny09 said:

Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy

now, tell me what you think this does?

i'll tell you what i think it does:

since windows 8 we have the ability to sign in with microsoft accounts, thats that right there.

and thats also the proof you're breaking core windows functionality with no idea of what you're doing. for all you know tomorrow your pc refuses to log you in because it cant verify your ms account anymore. (if you chose to use one)

On 17-2-2016 at 9:09 PM, drc00k3 said:

If a user disables all the features that send data to Microsoft, no data should be sent. Even though we don't know what is being sent, it is probably personal data, why would they encrypt a request to something like a time server? Microsoft may have no reason to look at your data and they might just keep it stored on their servers but would you feel the same way about China keeping your personal data? Microsoft may say they are just collecting data to improve your experience but that can be done locally on your PC. Data should only be sent to Microsoft if you opt-in. Saying you do not need privacy because you have nothing to hide is like saying you do not need free speech because you have nothing to say.

so, kinda going trough the thread as a sensible person and putting some stuff straight here.

theres a lot of behind the scenes stuff windows does to make sure it works, and keeps working.

the easiest example is NTP, which -indeed- doesnt need to be encrympted.

what however should be encrypted are the following things:

- logging in via MS account into windows, this does a lot of backend stuff no one really cares about, and isnt anything malicious if your wallpaper isnt a dick pic. (which if it is, dude, grow up.)

- anything related to windows update, as it contains exact versioning, hardware specs, etc. this is basicly a hacker's wet dream of backdoor finding material.

- whatever their cloud storage is called, i have no idea what its called...

- the modern apps that pull in updates (stock, weather, etc.) because they contain a lot of personal data MS doesnt care about, but someone else with actually bad intentions might. (stalkers, scammers, etc.)

- updates for individual programs (office, skype, etc. all poll MS for updates, because they are MS software)

- "send crash report to microsoft" which has been a thing since vista, no one uses it, but it'll send stuff to MS if you click yes, once again lotsa potential for hacker's wet dream material there.

- probably a lot of stuff i've missed.

these are things that mostly arent "required" but go on in the background to give you the experience you paid 100 dollars for, and to ensure that experience doesnt come to a bluescreening halt in the near future.

can you block them? yes.

should you block them? no. they dont do anything bad, in fact they do a lot of good. if tomorrow MS launches an update, and suddenly 1000 crash reports roll in of a third party app that stopped working, and 1000 people actually bothered to click "send crash report", MS can use that data to make reverse the problem, and/or make it not happen again.

and as a part-time penguin, i also send similar data like this to the developers behind my distro of choice. every time i do pacman -Syu or the like, its basicly sending my list of installed packages, and they reply which one need an update.