Shocking discovery about Windows 10

Johnny09
Just now, Johnny09 said:

You have right to give opinion and nobody has forbide you to say your opinion. I am saying that i do NOT promote any channel, i just give one link to video demonstration what i was blocked and what has microsoft recieved. To show you and prove you that you only need 2 services for one regular user on single pc, and to see that all programs, and win update is working in this condition, and internet adapter reconnect again. So perfect condition and enchanced privacy combined with know programs w10 privacy and more.

No you have done more than that. Unfortunately my input will not stay you from your position after so many have attempted to do so already.

All your method does is prevent normal telemetry such as error reporting and non-personal data sync and basic Windows 10 functionality from occurring.

I will leave it that.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

@SansVarnic put it well enough, YOU'RE the one claiming he has "proof" of MS' "lies", and yet all you have are services you know nothing about and officially do nothing of what you're saying. Acting like a sheep means taking herd mentality and believing something because "everyone" believes it, and of us two you're the one who is doing that.

This is same when you claim opposite without any evidence. Do you have access in her main code? no so you cannot know,as same as encrypted telemetry data

so we all need to believe MS just because one notorious and greedy corporation said that, it has to be true

offcourse that MS will never admit anything, and never give concrete data.

They had even refuse to give concrete details about win 10 patches, who knows what spyware is there, and they present it as performance enchancements with no proper details

why MS avoid to give details so many months untl recent decision to start give details

And thats system has been patched fine and much more stable than win 10 with massive telemetry ,cortana and other spying and still have some old bugs unpathced many months.

its spyware project to gather data and become more and more rich point of any corporation and nothing more.

Russia KNOWS that thats why their goverment refuse win 10 and use Linux...Putin is smart man,,.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:24 PM, Johnny09 said:

Cortana IS connecting ,and sending all data your browsing habits ,listed programs, and much more. It will be even more enchanced in next win10 versions. Cortana cannot be shut down and she still sending data. Cannot disable her startup she keeps coming back like malware again and again in task manager, if you rename folder then search is disabled

i hate cortana and i dont want her to connect,thats why i had block all her executables

No shit, that's what cortana does. It's only purpose is to learn your habits so it can help you work faster. If you don't use cortana it won't be collecting ANY data. If you use it, you're giving it your permission to. Search doesn't work if you prevent the service from starting? Guess what, that's because search IS cortana, just without the voice recognition. The program is the same. If you don't use it, fair enough, but don't say microsoft is lieing about it or that it is malicious spyware. I don't see you complaining about google tracking your search results, and trust me, they do.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:23 PM, Deleted User said:

You're right, however some people may feel the same way and want to use his tutorial to stop this. 

Stop what? This "method" is bullshit. It just blocks functionality for NO REASON. There are plenty of scripts that will disable all known windows tracking features automatically without impacting other functionality, none of which require you to guess which services are doing what.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:31 PM, Johnny09 said:

Win 7 first version with SP1 without any additional update does not have telemetry MS has added it much later. It is fact.

Want another fact? If you don't update it then you have an insecure system. Your data is exposed to anyone who wants to take it. That is FACT. Think about it while you're busy "protecting" your precious privacy.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:28 PM, Johnny09 said:

This is same when you claim opposite without any evidence. Do you have access in her main code? no so you cannot know,as same as encrypted telemetry data

so we all need to believe MS just because one notorious and greedy corporation said that, it has to be true

offcourse that MS will never admit anything, and never give concrete data.

They had even refuse to give concrete details about pathes, who knows what spyware is there, and they present it as performance enchancements with no proper details

why MS avoid to give details so many months untl recent decision to start give details

Do YOU have access to the code? You're the one accusing them of something. So if I claimed somewhere in the code there is a line that says "hitler was right" then everyone must believe me because they can't check?

Where do YOU take your infallible certainty that MS is guilty and spying your every move? Show me concrete evidence of any sort that that is the case. Otherwise MS can take benefit from something called "benefit of the doubt", it's all the rage in courts of law.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:24 PM, Philosobyte said:

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I don't want to sift through 9 pages of junk. 

How have you guys who are still arguing not noticed the extremely obvious sarcasm and satire in almost all of the OP's posts? You know this guy is making fun of everyone, right? He's trolling.

It may be trolling, but frankly I don't think it's as obvious as you say. I've seen way too much ignorance on the internet to assume trolling in this case.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

One thing is constructive conversation and another thing to somebody deliberately attack me in order to start flame war and to close tread as member have huge desire for some reason, to prevent members who are interested. You are one member and you cannot speak in other people you can ignore thread or dont read.

Those members are forcing that MS is good guy without ANY concrete evidence except MS kind PR words yes trust us we are good we dont make any profit just collect basic data... you dont have access code to Cortana or any MS file because is on open source. You dont have access to encrypted telemetry data. Data can be small and compressed and still to have massive data collected, we cannot know MS refuse to give details to public

So i believe its massive spyware project connected with intelligent agencies you belive another and thats it.

I had show you method and shocking info about fully functional single config with only 2 allowed connections in entire system. It is interesting,and nobody has tried this.

So it works amazing and i dont see any reason to revert programs, games, windows update, network adapter connects fine.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:23 PM, Deleted User said:

You're right, however some people may feel the same way and want to use his tutorial to stop this. 

To stop what?

I said it many times, OP has NO clue and he's just blocking random stuff, it was mentioned many times. One thing he also block is "Live login", nowhere does he mention that so if someone that doesn't know much like him follows his tutorial but also linked his account in Windows then that person is gonna have problem with his Windows and Live account, yet that is NOT mentioned anywhere in OP's "guide".

Again, when you don't know what you're doing (like OP) you could make things worst than "blocking MS and the NSA that violate humain rights" (OP's words)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

How do I know W10Privacy tool doesn't contain a virus, never heard of this tool and It's not popular.

el psy congroo

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No shit, that's what cortana does. It's only purpose is to learn your habits so it can help you work faster. If you don't use cortana it won't be collecting ANY data. If you use it, you're giving it your permission to. Search doesn't work if you prevent the service from starting? Guess what, that's because search IS cortana, just without the voice recognition. The program is the same. If you don't use it, fair enough, but don't say microsoft is lieing about it or that it is malicious spyware. I don't see you complaining about google tracking your search results, and trust me, they do.

Stop what? This "method" is bullshit. It just blocks functionality for NO REASON. There are plenty of scripts that will disable all known windows tracking features automatically without impacting other functionality, none of which require you to guess which services are doing what.

Want another fact? If you don't update it then you have an insecure system. Your data is exposed to anyone who wants to take it. That is FACT. Think about it while you're busy "protecting" your precious privacy.

Do YOU have access to the code? You're the one accusing them of something. So if I claimed somewhere in the code there is a line that says "hitler was right" then everyone must believe me because they can't check?

Where do YOU take your infallible certainty that MS is guilty and spying your every move? Show me concrete evidence of any sort that that is the case. Otherwise MS can take benefit from something called "benefit of the doubt", it's all the rage in courts of law.

It may be trolling, but frankly I don't think it's as obvious as you say. I've seen way too much ignorance on the internet to assume trolling in this case.

1. It is blocking for reason because regular programs are not enough i keep having MS packets and connections, Bing, update and more.

2. You cannot uninstall cortana and thats forcing somebody to give data. Even if you disable it she still sends some of data, and bing search and other.

I can accuse them as same you can defend them without proper evidence, show me what is in that telemetry data.

Tell me why is connecting to UK? One guy has follow connections and he said it connect to Redmond USA, and to unknown adresses in England

Its ok and fine to connect to headquarters in Redmond but why in UK? Isn there NSA UK agency  i forgot their name starts with Q

3. Nothing will happend if you have unpathed system , I am using for 7 years unpatched Win 7 ultimate with only SP1 and quess what i did not have a single infection

how?  i dont visit unknown dangerous websites, i dont have autorun enabled for dvd or flash, i dont click addons, commercials. i am constantly update my browser and addons, 

i also use Sandboxie and Emsisoft Antimalware

99 percent of exploit page attacks will be prevented with updated broswer and addons, updated adobe and java.  And sandboxie virtual enviorement will block it. And even if that fai in 0.1 percent of case good av with zero day blocking features will catch it such as Emsisoft

so chance to catch some infection is close to ZERO

i am talking about regular pc users

If you click on everything ,on all adds, suspicious exes such as xxxvideo.exe, there is no any microsoft patch updating or any antivirus who will save that user.

all depends from user knowledge

Point is that sustem works amazing and it can be additionaly blocked especially cortana exe files and other suspicious unecessary components. I dont want cortana to send anything

6 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

To stop what?

I said it many times, OP has NO clue and he's just blocking random stuff, it was mentioned many times. One thing he also block is "Live login", nowhere does he mention that so if someone that doesn't know much like him follows his tutorial but also linked his account in Windows then that person is gonna have problem with his Windows and Live account, yet that is NOT mentioned anywhere in OP's "guide".

Again, when you don't know what you're doing (like OP) you could make things worst than "blocking MS and the NSA that violate humain rights" (OP's words)

Nothing will happend to user on single pc config. I do not recommend for multiple connected pc-s with shared network.

I had made that error with windows live and i had notified that you dont use. I have regular log in so i block that too. Its not random stuff i had block until it stop to send microsoft and bing packages and no more connections zero

31 minutes ago, Philosobyte said:

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I don't want to sift through 9 pages of junk. 

How have you guys who are still arguing not noticed the extremely obvious sarcasm and satire in almost all of the OP's posts? You know this guy is making fun of everyone, right? He's trolling.

I do not troll anyone and do not call me troll

i had shared my idea about enchanced privacy combined with known programs w10 privacy etc

i am using pc in this condition and system works fine win 10 pro x64

almost 2 months works fine so thats biggest evidence that this is ok for me, and good path

no more connections checked with wireshark and comodo killswitch

why not to use this it can help to reduce MS spying and data collecting

i dont want to give data, and i dont believe MS just because they are saying we are good we dont collect nothing personal. Still dont want to give data, they are making profit on that data they would not invest billion dollar without reason.

win7 did not have any of those components and it was amazing system

Here is one more evidence video which i recorded about 10 minutes ago and uploaded to You Tube

You can see that win 10 test pc is working flawless programs works fine,  broswer 2 months almost and method works, only 2 services is crycial to allow i recommend for single pc config

I had log in on LTT forum see in video demonstration.. Ignore some additional programs in list such as Origin i had block it for another reasons.. see that i blocked 99 percent of win 10 system files works amazing

On 2/20/2016 at 4:50 PM, Deleted User said:

I looked over the previous pages. He can have his ideas, we can argue against them, but I don't agree with attacking people because of their opinions- even if they're disillusioned. Luckily it didn't get to this stage, so I hope we either change the subject or the thread gets locked. :)

I'm not attacking OP's because of his opinion but because he's blocking stuff without explaining why or what it is, if someone decides to blindly follow his "guide" they might end up blocking functionalities they are using or need. When you start blocking stuff like this and then post it as "the best on the Internet" you have the obligation to warn people about the functionalities that are not gonna work anymore, OP is instead stating that it's safe and that everything will work. This isn't true. And could very well mislead people.

28 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

I can accuse them as same you can defend them without proper evidence, show me what is in that telemetry data.

Keep swimming in your sea of ignorance if you enjoy it, but first please answer this:

You think Microsoft is hoarding sensitive, private information from their customers. And you want them to take this sensitive, private data and hand it over for the whole world to see?

Microsoft HAS disclosed the telemetry data they have collected - all of it is anonymous and none of it sensitive. That doesn't prove they don't have any other data, but if they wanted to be so covert about it do you honestly think they would use a service you can block just by closing a socket to do it?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, wkdpaul said:

I'm not attacking OP's because of his opinion but because he's blocking stuff without explaining why or what it is, if someone decides to blindly follow his "guide" they might end up blocking functionalities they are using or need. When you start blocking stuff like this and then post it as "the best on the Internet" you have the obligation to warn people about the functionalities that are not gonna work anymore, OP is instead stating that it's safe and that everything will work. This isn't true. And could very well mislead people.

I recommend this to people who dont want to use cortana, and all additional bloatware

see my video in previous message programs are working fine, you can also use windows update i had blocked it i dont want update but you can if you want. MS will add more telemetry and other tricks thats why i had blocked. Everything will work fine windows update and all possible programs and games will connect. Thats enough for me. i dont need additional services to connect ,My windows upload and download is same

Just now, Sauron said:

Keep swimming in your sea of ignorance if you enjoy it, but first please answer this:

You think Microsoft is hoarding sensitive, private information from their customers. And you want them to take this sensitive, private data and hand it over for the whole world to see?

Microsoft HAS disclosed the telemetry data they have collected - all of it is anonymous and none of it sensitive. That doesn't prove they don't have any other data, but if they wanted to be so covert about it do you honestly think they would use a service you can block just by closing a socket to do it?

You can also blindly believe and you have ignorance.

There is no any concrete data what is collected because it is encrypted. So only MS have full access to data. You cannot also be sure if cortana do more stuff in back ground because is not open source.

I just see that i was have massive MS connections and BING packets, NOW i dont see nothing have zero idle connection, wireshark not report any more ms traffic and i have fully functional system all programs works fine, so THATS ENOUGH for me to use this

23 minutes ago, Johnny09 said:

THATS ENOUGH for me to use this

But it's not enough to claim it's a solution for everything and that it will work for everyone. Nor is it enough to say it is a "shocking revelation" or that MS is telling lies.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Here is a video 

do you see any problem system works flawless all programs, including network adapter is coming to work after disabling check. update also work if you want to use

enough for me to use, i want zero kb connection and i dont see MS and bing connection anymore

wireshark also dont show ms traffic anymore

so people can use this on single pc and it will work fine.

just dont block ms login in if you use it, i had block it i have regular one

3 hours ago, Johnny09 said:

It will not stop them completely i know that NSA have backdoors in many routers itself..but i dont need that report options...at least to stop microsoft spyware

You really don't get how the internet works do you? The NSA doesn't look at the traffic on your router, they pull the data from all the servers that it has to pass through. There is NOTHING you can do on your end to stop it.

On 2/20/2016 at 5:31 PM, Deleted User said:

I never said you were attacking him. Re-read, I said after that it hasn't got to this stage yet. I also never mentioned his guide, I was just saying he had the right to his opinions without being attacked. I never said whether I support them or not, either.

Again, he's not pushing "opinion", he has started through this whole thread that his way is the best one, period. He's presenting it as facts, not opinion. And again, as proved by many other users, his method isn't the best since it has the potential to block stuff you wouldn't want to block while OP doesn't issue any warnings.

1 hour ago, Angrycrab said:

How do I know W10Privacy tool doesn't contain a virus, never heard of this tool and It's not popular.

dont do anythin this guy is saying if you dont want to potentially brick your system, he has no idea what he's doing.

if you want some actually decent information on how to stop the nasty stuff, go to barnacules on youtube, he has a few tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/barnacules1/

oh, and in terms of credibility, he used to be on the microsoft bugtesting team as a quite respected employee, until MS decided to fire... everyone.

On 2/20/2016 at 6:12 PM, Deleted User said:

Look, I don't care anymore, I was just saying that we shouldn't attack users for having opinions. You're ranting to yourself, because I really couldn't care less...

Then why are you in this thread? You said no one attacked him yet, but still say we shouldn't attack him for his opinion ... I'm kinda confused as to why you replied in the first place then? Especially if you don't care?