AOC revels their £280 4K free sync monitor

Castdeath97

oKB4nEq.jpeg

This 4K TN monitor will offer free-sync support and fast response times and is rated at a 60Hz refresh rate.

AOC have unveiled their new U2879VF 28" 4K display which features AMD FreeSync support and HDMI 2.0. This display will use a 28 inch TN Film Panel which has an ultra fast 1ms response time at a resolution of 4K. 

This screen has a 60Hz refresh rate, which is the maximum that is currently available due to the limitation of the DisplayPort and HDMI 2.0 interfaces. FreeSync will only work on this display through DisplayPort. 

The U2879VF has the usual connectivity, however disapointingly won't come with a VESA mount.

This display is designed to be used with a wide range of devices, supporting HDMI 2.0, DVI, DisplayPort 1.2a and VGA. This display will have a fairly thin but glossy bezel and will have a silver coloured stand. 

Sadly this display does not support VESA monitor arms, so users will have to stick with the monitor's stock stand. 

The monitor is planned for march release this year. 

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/aoc_u2879vf_28_4k_display_with_freesync/1

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

275 quid is a decent price for a 4k screen full stop, let alone one with variable refresh.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Damn! :o I might get one just for the price. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't give a shit if this is TN, if this monitor turns out to not be a disaster, then we're making tons of progress.

Well you don't get IPS backlight bleeding.

Edit: I heard LG has 500 dollar IPS 4K monitor.

Pascal laptops guide

Looks great for the price. Shame driving games at 4K is still such a pricey endeavour.

Makes me wonder how long Nvidia can carry on with the huge premium on G-sync monitors too. The cheapest 4K G-sync monitor a quick search throws up is £480, £200 more, roughly the difference between the 970 and the R9 Fury :o

Dell has a sub-500 one.

AFAIK backlight bleed is an lcd thing, not ips, so it wouldn't matter if you move to TN. Ips glow is different.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

24 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Dell has a sub-500 one.

AFAIK backlight bleed is an lcd thing, not ips, so it wouldn't matter if you move to TN. Ips glow is different.

Heard that IPS is more susceptible. 

Pascal laptops guide

37 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Heard that IPS is more susceptible. 

Nope, it has IPS glow and that's that.

Whether it's TN, IPS, PLS, AMVA, or another derivative doesn't matter. What matters is the panel quality, and Quality Control during assembly.

Many early LG 34" ultrawides had backlight bleed, but it was found for most of them it was because the bezel was too tight, therefore pressing on the panel causing the bleed around the edges. It varies because of quality control. The ROG Swifts are notorious for QC issues, and many of the first TN versions were also plagued with it.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?page=90&t=1800408IMG_20140816_112010.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I heard the color on AOC's panels is trash, but the backlight bleeding isn't bad. I'll be surprised if this doesn't turn out to be terrible.

Spoiler

AOC and TN panels are trash.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

1 minute ago, Texhnlyze said:

AOC and TN panels are trash.

What's wrong with AOC?

Yikes, that's a little over $400 USD...quite a big price, FreeSync is a nice addition though, but I'd rather wait for the second generation version with a better mount or the other manufacturers making better ones.

Really looks like a great monitor so far though.

No Vesa mounts? Damn, I was hoping to get a setup like this.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have 4-5 years old AOC 24" 1080p LCD monitor, it is not bad. I have 1 or 2 problem with my AOC monitor.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

8 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Have the 27mu67-b great monitor no issues, same with the 34mu98-w. Love LG stuff myself

3 hours ago, Jahramika said:

Have the 27mu67-b great monitor no issues, same with the 34mu98-w. Love LG stuff myself

Do you use Freesync on your 27mu67-b? If so: How is it?

AOC IPS panels have good color..not sure about their TN.

what is the freesync range on this?

I was under the impression that people who buy TN panels do so for the fast response times which they want to use in combination with high (100+) fps. Don't see how you can achieve that at 4k.

16 minutes ago, Humbug said:

AOC IPS panels have good color..not sure about their TN.

what is the freesync range on this?

I was under the impression that people who buy TN panels do so for the fast response times which they want to use in combination with high (100+) fps. Don't see how you can achieve that at 4k.

No word on it so far.

Pascal laptops guide

15 hours ago, Fetzie said:

275 quid is a decent price for a 4k screen full stop, let alone one with variable refresh.

But how good will it really be.... Yeah its 4k, and freesync. But what is it like to actually use?

19 minutes ago, Prysin said:

who cares for connectivity, tell us the fucking refresh range god damn it

Chill no need for all of this mess. It's 60Hz, I will update the post.

Edited by Castdeath97
Pre edit post was no chill.

Pascal laptops guide

4 hours ago, mentando said:

Do you use Freesync on your 27mu67-b? If so: How is it?

Yes 40 to 60 range depending on the game I set every to ultra and test the fps in game then I back off on settings to get me to 55 to 60 on average. I know extremists want ever setting on max but I choose to have the best picture quality screen first then add the best settings vs performance.