uTorrent: Pay $4.95 per Year for no Ads

AlTech

Deluge is ad-free, free and open-source... I didn't know people were ratarded enough to still use uTorrent

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Yeah um no, that would be nope.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

uTorrent used to be great - it was one of the first really good Torrent clients...

But that was a long time ago. uTorrent is shit now, with all the potential issues with it. There are far better clients that are also free, open source, and have no ads, such as Deluge, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You could easily disable ads through the preferences xD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

11 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Seriously. We need people to stop torrenting illegally. Torrenting is not illegal by itself but using it for illegal purposes is wrong.

Not trying to sound ignorant, but who the hell uses torrent for something other than pirating? I mean, it's not as practical as some other options out there. 

11 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

The ability to pay $4.95 per year for no ads.

Isn't Wired (or some tech news website) doing the same thing, recommending it to adblock users?

Please notice me senpie

Xeon x3430 - GTX 660SC - Core 1000 - CX430 - DQ57TM - 4gb DDR3

7 minutes ago, Superdoge said:

Not trying to sound ignorant, but who the hell uses torrent for something other than pirating? I mean, it's not as practical as some other options out there. 

Torrents are a fantastic way to easily distribute files quickly without relying on servers. It's a bit excessive for sharing to a few people but a hundred or a thousand? Brilliant. 

If the seeders are good, it's better than expensive hosting. 

Just now, Trixanity said:

Torrents are a fantastic way to easily distribute files quickly without relying on servers. It's a bit excessive for sharing to a few people but a hundred or a thousand? Brilliant. 

If the seeders are good, it's better than expensive hosting. 

I guess that makes sense. It is kind of pointless for a few friends. Thumbs up

Please notice me senpie

Xeon x3430 - GTX 660SC - Core 1000 - CX430 - DQ57TM - 4gb DDR3

3 minutes ago, Superdoge said:

I guess that makes sense. It is kind of pointless for a few friends. Thumbs up

Well, I'd say it's possible to do it even on such a small scale as a couple of friends (albeit somewhat inefficient and there are quicker ways to share on that scale) but the whole P2P model, particularly its efficiency, scales extremely well with the amount of users (if people seed). That's why it's being deployed by many companies (and individuals) to distribute software and/or software updates. 

I've personally made torrents for Android roms. Users get to download the files faster and more reliably than with free/cheap hosting. When downloading files (large files in particular) you run the risk of corruption, so the torrents can help by having a parity check which pretty much ensures the file is intact and if you have a slow unreliable connection, it can be a tremendous help and also, you can pause the download at any time with no loss of data and resume at any time, so there's convenience too. 

It's a very powerful tool hence its popularity and success in piracy but it should not be written off as a piracy tool only nor is it in real world scenarios. 

I don't know the ratio of total use in legal and illegal uses of P2P. 

Although I guess I'm going past the scope of torrents since torrent is not equal to P2P, more like torrents are a subset of P2P. 

On 2/13/2016 at 10:52 PM, 1823alex said:

Pretty much 80-90% of uTorrents' use is for pirating, just putting that out there. Torrent clients are meant to do just that, torrent it's up to the person to use it how they want to.

where are your numbers from?

So what if people use it for piracy if u aint da powlice then stfu

If your torrent client has ads and wants you to pay to remove those ads, then you shouldn't be using be using that torrent client. Switch to Deluge.

COMIC SANS

What's sad is that some people will actually fall for this.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

where are your numbers from?

the butthole, ofc.

13 hours ago, Superdoge said:

Isn't Wired (or some tech news website) doing the same thing, recommending it to adblock users?

many game launchers and as far as i know even windows use bittorrent/p2p to distribute updates.

17 hours ago, Superdoge said:

Most Linux distros heavily promote the use of torrents to download their ISOs

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Just use older version. 2.2.1 serves me just fine.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

They all fall into the same trap eventually. I remember Azerus being small, lightweight and ad free for years, then they switched to yuze and it became a buggy, broken & bloated mess almost overnight. Who even remembers Azerus/Yuze now?

MicroTorrent has been getting steadily worse for a while now, the last straw was when it froze up my PC then after I rebooted Windows Defender went crazy with notifications about μTorrent.exe being infected. Since then I've used Deluge and have no intention of using anything else.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 2/13/2016 at 9:39 PM, thekeemo said:

You can disable ads without paying anything.. just by going into the advanced part of the settings

Thank you. I'll check that out.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313