Gravitational Waves Have Been Detected For The First Time

givingtnt

So does this mean we can finally get Mass Effect fields? Anyways this is the coolest news I've seen all week! Finally all of the predictions made by Einstein's theory of General Relativity have been directly observed.

Im sorry i dont know what this means :v can someone explain to me what it means and what could be possible ?

I fear crap like man-made blackholes being created on this planet (or Reapers coming for our advancing ass) so while I find this incredible even with my limited knowledge, I'm also afeared. xD

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Just Amazing.

And a thing a lot og people agree on, more money should be spent on research and less on military (not just about space)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

16 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

Just Amazing.

And a thing a lot og people agree on, more money should be spent on research and less on military (not just about space)

You forget that the military spends more on research than anyone else, especially in technology.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I will probably think it's cooler once I understand it better.

I want a Techquickie on this.

Taran is qualified, right?

On 17.2.2016 at 0:11 AM, SansVarnic said:

You forget that the military spends more on research than anyone else, especially in technology.

on stuff that most of the time dont benfit us.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

3 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

on stuff that most of the time dont benfit us.

Well . . .

IIRC, the internet was initially developed by the Pentagon (Arpanet ?). 

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

13 minutes ago, Ddave said:

Well . . .

I am more talking in recent years. and thats jut one thing.

-Stephen Hawking

2 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I am more talking in recent years. and thats jut one thing.

One of many. I can't really provide more examples, but I read somewhere that a lot of technologies now are initially for military purposes.

I haven't heard of any in the recent years though. 

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

1 hour ago, Ddave said:

Well . . .

Err, no. CERN if I'm not mistaken first developed the idea of a network for sharing research.
Cite:
http://home.cern/topics/birth-web

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

4 minutes ago, Serin said:

Err, no. CERN if I'm not mistaken first developed the idea of a network for sharing research.
Cite:
http://home.cern/topics/birth-web

The history of the Internet begins with the development of electronic computers in the 1950s. Initial concepts ofpacket networking originated in several computer science laboratories in the United States, Great Britain, and France. The US Department of Defense awarded contracts as early as the 1960s for packet network systems, including the development of the ARPANET (which would become the first network to use the Internet Protocol.)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

I think what you're saying is the World wide web, which is different from the internet.

I am who I am.