Upgrading a Laptop's Hard Drive to SSD

Viarx3ko

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5390, I wish to upgrade the Hard Drive to an SDD but it only supports 1 Hard Disk at a time. What is the best way to Transfer the OS from the old hard drive to the SSD without causing any boot problems?

I'd recommend a full re-install. It'll cause less problems. Otherwise buy a SATA to USB converter. Most SSD's come with imaging software, otherwise you can easily find some online. Plug the SSD into the USB port and use the software.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

2 minutes ago, Viarx3ko said:

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5390, I wish to upgrade the Hard Drive to an SDD but it only supports 1 Hard Disk at a time. What is the best way to Transfer the OS from the old hard drive to the SSD without causing any boot problems?

I would personally do a clean install to the SSD. And then use a SATA to USB cable to grab anything I would need from the previous harddrive.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011M8YACM

If you get a SATA to USB cable and save a couple of bucks you can also download clonezilla to clone the entire drive to the ssd if you really don't want to mess with re-customizing everything

I agree with what all of these other guys are saying. Do a fresh install of Windows on the new SSD and grab the essential files. When you say that it only supports 1 hard disk at a time, do you mean it only has 1 SATA port? That's an easy fix, just get an adapter for the drive ( http://ebay.to/1Pn0MAp ) and connect the drive via USB.